Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:00:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690963
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Converting EotD factions into Wolsung  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
Converting EotD factions into Wolsung
« on: July 01, 2014, 08:07:47 AM »
Put this in the Gothic Horror, but perhaps it is more suited for this forum:

This weekend I caught the two Beasts of War YouTube videos of Wolsung actual gameplay, and I really liked the rules presented in the game. Having almost 100 Empire of the Dead models I started to think about whether it would be possible to convert some of the factions into Wolsung factions.

So has anyone else thought of this, and if so what are your experiences?

Offline Keeper Nilbog

• Scientist
Re: Converting EotD factions into Wolsung
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 10:54:36 AM »
Actually, currently looking at crossing over the Brotherhood to Wolsung myself (along with a small group of Malifaux Arcanists to the Inventors). Basically, thinking of using the 'Triad' faction as a base, Gentleman's Clubs as 'Ash and Oak' (which are basically Gentleman's Clubs anyway). The Lycan and Vampire Factions may take a little more playing with (though the 'Triad' structure is again, possibly the closest fit - the KS introduces 2 (possibly 3, mention has been made of a police faction, and hopefully it will include the Ogre doing a Sherlock Impersonation) new clubs - Gangster Halflings complete with tommy guns, and a Necromantic faction that use re-animated corpses, Ghouls and other things (Necrogolems).   

The other great thing with Wolsung is it has a hero generator, based on points, so you can 'build your own' heroes for any faction. the problem (currently) is with henchmen, as they have no build system at present (and unsure if they will).

Thinking on the Brotherhood, 'Triad' fits nicely as it is a primarily close range group with a ranged henchman (shade), which will work well for standard brothers with crossbows (magazine fed, repeater crossbows, but crossbows anyway). The Orc racial template fits nicely, as it gives improved reflexes and a resistance to magic (blessings for the Followed Power). The professional of the club mostly give combat bonuses, fitting with the martial nature of the brotherhood, and the equipment/talents/gadgets can round these off nicely. Even the 'mage' profession is not outright offensive.
   As far as the faction abilities go, the main one is Mist Walk/Mist Maker, which to be fair I am just going to ignore (they allow models to create mists and with mist walk 'teleport' between them). Work nicely for Vampires though.

Overall, I don't think a basic framework for the EotD factions would be too difficult, providing you are not trying to exactly recreate them.