Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:15:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Yet another gaming/painting internet forum (RP)  (Read 882 times)

Offline blackfly

• Bookworm
Yet another gaming/painting internet forum (RP)
« on: July 01, 2014, 06:32:50 PM »
You may have seen some off hand mention of Random Platypus around here, as I posted some links a while back that I thought might have been of interest.

Well we're done with the testing-it-out beta phase of the site, and I'm happy to say that things seem to be working well, and we've got a fairly active initial membership and a lot of good content, and its finally starting to develop its own personality, which is nice.

With that in mind, I'd like to extend a welcome to any and all that might be interested in checking it out. There is definitely a focus on scouting new releases and industry news, but that's only one part of what we're trying to do. You'll also find painting and sculpting forums as you would no doubt expect. Additionally we're encouraging people to contribute resources that will have long term benefit to the gaming community, such as themed showcases, product reviews, bake offs, figure size/manufacturer comparisons, and the like.

For those of you who produce and sell miniatures and terrain, there is a dedicated commercial announcements forum just for you, where you can post your new releases as more formal advertisements if you like. 

Beyond that, its a community of generally good natured yet outspoken folks sharing their interests, project logs, and opinions on topics of interest to many of us in the gaming, painting, sculpting, & model building worlds, as well as a fairly well attended chat room.

There is a bit more by way of introduction at: http://www.randomplatypus.com

Or check out the forum directly, and sign up:  http://www.randomplatypus.com/forum

Also, it should be noted, no one is trying to advocate pulling up stakes here at LAF.  No one on Team Platypus will be offended or surprised if people already have a favorite forum and don't have the time or energy to participate in a new one, we're primarily trying to add to the options available out there. For those that are interested, and enjoy variety, come on and say hi if you're so inclined.

Thanks!