Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:20:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690722
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Karlos's SA project revived: Some agents (28/07/14)  (Read 6205 times)

Offline karlosrolero

• Assistant
  • Kaz... I'm already a demon...
    • The Hobby's Den (spanish)
15mm Karlos's SA project revived: Some agents (28/07/14)
« on: July 08, 2014, 12:00:59 PM »
Hello there!

Some may remember me from an old post about 15mm SA.

I've been like, a lot without posting and since I've revived a bit the project (it was where I left it on the old post) I thought I should work on it after so much.

For today I bring you this random monsters!

I'm very proud of them. As I finally found Cultists and some friends and I are talking about Cthulhu lately I revived the project. So expect some updates on 15mm minis and scenery. Until I get bored I guess, it happens to me all the time but at least if I share maybe someone get ideas.

NOTE: All my minis come from Khurasan Miniatures or 15mm.co.uk, If it is not in that webs, I probably don't remember where I bought it.

That's all for today folks but expect some minis on the near future!

Also, cultists and some heroes ordered so yeah...

Anyway, constructive criticism is always welcome and improving tips too!

Peace Out
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:53:14 AM by karlosrolero »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: 15mm Karlos's SA project revived!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:24:50 PM »
Not too familiar with what is available in 15mm.
My eyes would not tolerate anything smaller than 28's these days, so all credit for painting those weird, ugly little blighters.
 8) 8)

Offline karlosrolero

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 01:08:51 AM »
Well, its comprehensible, not anyone has the same sight and I'm still young and good sight is one of the only things that work right in my body so  lol  In fact other scale that I work with a lot is 1/285 or 1/300, both Battletech and actual modern war and I can see all the details...

Thanks for the compliment! I prefer this scale because its cheaper, looks nice, has more unique looks and minis (although less variety) and above all, It doesn't need so much space and it can be carried.

Hell, the tabletop is 1'5 feet x 1 (35x40cm). It goes anywhere and I can have multiple boards if I want.

So yeah, nice for people without much money & space.

Offline karlosrolero

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 08:57:26 AM »
Hi there guys!

Just brought you some more minis. Today, the bunch of deep ones. Being several minis and very generic ones at that, I didnt paint so much detail.

In fact, the painting process was:

• Paint dark grey
  • Light gray drybrush
  • Black tint
  • Light gray drybrush
  • Blue/violet tint
  • Lighter gray drybrush
  • Paint details

They are very boring but make the part. Maybe they are too many for the game haha.

Next day I'll put the first bunch of heroes.

Peace out

Offline karlosrolero

• Assistant
Re: 15mm Karlos's SA project: Agents (11/07/14)
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 10:49:05 AM »
Hello guys!

I bring you today the agents I have for the moment. Some were made when I first came to the forums and some where made this days.

I'll do some more heroes on the future but for the moment this will do.

This agents look like 1920's but I'll be playing a present - near future kinda of look because the agents and the cultists that I've ordered are more actual (and the zombies and heroes for the next order have the same issue).

15mm isn't so friendly to 1920's but well, its pulp and terror so I think it will work anyways.

Offline karlosrolero

• Assistant
Re: 15mm Karlos's SA project revived: Agents (11/07/14)
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 09:27:47 PM »
Hello guys!

Today I bring you the first scenery pieces. I've lost the old altar so I've made a new one also I recycled this token from the CCG game and the tabletop.

The blood efects were made with the new Citadel Technical "Blood for the Blood god". Easy to use and makes a lot easier to make gorey effects. It was scaled to the correct size (15mm, more or less 6cm in diameter) and made basically with polystyrene, cardboard, glue and an old cleric mini.

The idol was made painting the token bronze and giving it a brown shade.

The tabletop is 45x30cm (as above, scaled for 15mm in most aproximate measures). Was made with polystyrene, covered with my custom flocking and sand for the grey/charcoal zones. After that the borders and lower part were covered in black american tape (well, we call that tape like that here. I think its duck tape in the USA but I dont know).

That's all for today, more to come.

Peace Out

Offline karlosrolero

• Assistant
Re: 15mm Karlos's SA project revived: Cultists and Nightgaunt (17/07/14)
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 02:26:17 PM »
Hello fellas!

Today I've bring you the first cultists.

First, the praying cultists. The cult is for Hastur as you can see. This are some spare priests from a DBA crusades army and the right one a baadly converted gangster with LMG

Second, the hight priest and leader. The high priest is a dark elf and the leader is a Chariot minis wizard converted a bit. Tried a bit of SENM reflections for the magic stuff:

And last but not least, a nightgaunt. It is a Khurasan minis vampire with the face, ears and cane sanded down.

I hope you like them.

Peace out

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 05:03:54 AM »
Great collection of stuff!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 09:33:03 AM »
Some good choices of various minis to convert into what you need.
The Nightgaunt being a particular favourite.
 8)

Offline karlosrolero

• Assistant
Re: 15mm Karlos's SA project revived: Hastur and Elric (20/07/14)
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 02:52:24 PM »
Great collection of stuff!

Thank you Mike! I hope it grows fast and makes for awesome matches haha! I hope we can see the 2nd edition of the game soon and I can get them to a very good use.

Some good choices of various minis to convert into what you need.
The Nightgaunt being a particular favourite.
 8)

Really? I thought it looked bad but I wanted to get the mini to good use so... Getting the wing to not look disastrous was hard, the cane was slapped to it and I had to be very careful to not break it. In this scale I have to adapt or die there isn't everything that I need so looking and searching though Google and some imagination helps and this way the minis are more "mine" if you know what I mean :D

Thanks for the comments guys, it's nice and makes me wanna make more good minis to show and they are coming, a few days ago the order arrived and I'm painting some more (although they are a bit on the lower end of the mini quality).

And I'll show here the mini I'll use for Hastur and another mini that I've painted some time ago but wanted to use:

This is the Hastur, it is a Reaper Minis Druid with some tentacles added. I found it on my "minis that I didn't paint because I'm lazy" and thought It would look nice. Im proud of how I painted the scythe lol The bottle is supposed to have his "space mead" (I dont know how its called on english, I've read the book on spanish, it is called "hidromiel del espacio" so space mead it is lol ) but I didnt want more yellow on the mini so I went for a more contrasting color. Also, tried the blood technical again on the runes and seriously, a must have. It's great. I forgot to put a normal mini to compare sizes but it is about 2-3 times the height of a normal mini. When I finish the whole cult I'll put him with them on the picture so it's clearer to see.

This is a mini that came with the High Priest of the other post. I painted it like I imagined Elric of Melnibone on the books by Michael Moorcock, I love that character and with some excuses (multiverse, time travel, monsters, portals, non-euclidean thingies...) can be used in the game, obiously not as strong as in the novels but I love the character too much to lose this oportunity.

Well, thats everything for today.

Peace out.

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 02:07:35 PM »
Space Mead is correct. Liking the look of these! There are a lot of cool 15mil figures out there that I was unaware of. I will have to dip my foot in the pool eventually as I would like a travel edition for camping.  8)

Offline karlosrolero

• Assistant
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 02:36:50 PM »
I always liked the 15mm scale so I do know a lot of good webpages and as said, if you are imaginative you can get a lot of them some use. I though on it, if you can find a good cloth map all minis and scenery can be storaged on a small carriying case. I fact I found some cases for 10€ and yeah, it is easy to do and since its a fast & easy game it is a good idea to do it portable  :D

Offline karlosrolero

• Assistant
Re: 15mm Karlos's SA project revived: More agents (28/07/14)
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »
Hi there guys!

Today I bring you some more agents.

First, a Van Helsing kinda character:

Now 2 characters based on High School of the Dead. I found them on 15mm.co.uk. The mini quality is pretty bad but the conversion helped a bit (not too much but...) and they aren't exactly like the series but I did what I could with them:

That's what I have for today. I'm painting at the moment some cultists so that will be the next update.