Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:52:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690860
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The battle of the fist of the first men. SAGA AoM  (Read 1068 times)

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
  • "-El Emperador no es tan magnánimo como yo"
The battle of the fist of the first men. SAGA AoM
« on: August 18, 2019, 09:30:31 AM »
These days my colleague Victor and I played a game that should be played. We both had miniatures set in Song of Fire and Ice and we both wanted to play Saga AoM. We do not look for too many complications as a Scenario, but simply visual pleasure.

Since Victor had the basic Night's Watch bundle, I stuck to a very troop-based warband and a single creature unit. In this way, I dispensed with powerful support and should concentrate on swarming their troops with dead meat: P

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
Re: The battle of the fist of the first men. SAGA AoM
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 09:36:01 AM »
The cross-deployment allowed me to position the mindless well, and to position a first line of warriors along my deployment zone. Keeping my white Walkers and my creatures in the second line. The terrified men opted for a folded display, sheltered from their sacred ground.

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 09:43:20 AM »
The dead pressed on the right bank of the battlefield, howling. while the men kept ranks in their initial positions. Surprisingly, The MASTER aEMON (SORCEROR) initiated a couple of spells that, in just two shifts, ended my White Walkers (HG) unit. I curse the Spear of Light spell !!!

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 09:49:41 AM »
The horde of the dead tries to repel the advance of the Men, who initiate an attack by the left end of the table, a unit of courageous warriors, accompanied by a Captain and a Paladin, which made them a dangerous contender against my troops.

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 09:56:00 AM »
The brave Night's Watch charges against the horde of undead to find an obstinate resistance, cold and slow, that is wearing them down, after a small magical victory over my HG unit, the successive waves of combatant corpses, begin to make a dent.

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 09:59:58 AM »
on the left flank, My archers, supported by the Curse Spell of my Sorcerer, manage to reduce the enemy's warrior unit. Additionally, my creatures match the tables with their Paladin, who dies heroically, destroying both creatures

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 10:10:14 AM »

The game was widely matched, both players went down to only four - and three SAGA dice !!, finally, The warlord of the Night's Watch, - always supported by the most effective Sorceror among those I've played! - planted battle against my warlord . An epic combat in which, for two turns, both contestants followed each other between being exhausted and attacking the combat again. Finally, his warlord killed mine - the emotion of the game no longer allows graphic recording: P -

On the other hand, the death of His Paladin and his Captain allowed me to expand the margin of slaughter points.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 10:19:18 AM »
Great visual! I do love me some Paladins when I play Great Kingdom.

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 10:25:52 AM »
Considerations: I like the undead factions, and characterize them as The Others aka Whit walkers was a MUST, as I did'nt want to fall back into the archetype of GW's Undead Army. However, I feel that the Battleboard is expensive - many skills depend on a skull - 6's - on SAGA dice. Some skills - like tide of reanimation - I've never used it and never will! I would see it more balanced if it cost a banner - 4, 5 on SAGA dice- On the other hand, having
 Necromancy, two advanced resuscitation saga skills and so unbalanced, make one of them, IMHO, useless. Interested in any opinion you want to share;) Finally, satisfied with the performance of the creatures, and not so much of the HG. although Victor had certain miniatures and we both wanted, as we have said, to stick to the atmosphere rather than to more effective Warbands. Good. I hope you like it!

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2019, 06:53:02 PM »
Cool looking game (literally and metaphorically!)

I don’t think anyone has tried an undead army in our Saga games, yet. I too like a paladin or two in my force.