Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:20:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Artizan 2nd Afghan British and Sikh Infantry  (Read 30551 times)

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Artizan 2nd Afghan British and Sikh Infantry
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2015, 10:47:51 AM »
True.  :D

I've commented on Facebook to find out if the Highlanders 'at the ready' and 'marching at trail' are in kilts or not.

Pleased to see the start of the guides infantry though.  :D
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2015, 11:22:40 AM »
True.  :D

I've commented on Facebook to find out if the Highlanders 'at the ready' and 'marching at trail' are in kilts or not.

Nice one  8). Also, there may have been some variation in the sporran depending on which Highland regiments were at a particular place at a particular time.

Pleased to see the start of the guides infantry though.  :D

Deffo.... we need NCO's for all the regiments though!! That's going to be a lot of NCO packs! I really hope that they do them as it's the one thing that's holding me back from spending a lot of cash.

Darrell.

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2015, 11:42:42 AM »
.... we need NCO's for all the regiments though!! That's going to be a lot of NCO packs! I really hope that they do them as it's the one thing that's holding me back from spending a lot of cash.

Indeed. I'd mentioned it in the ranges infancy to Mike so I'm hoping there might be a couple of packs in development. The Officer pack is good (although we 'need' highland officers in kilts) but its the NCO's who hold the line steady for the empire.  ;)

I've just heard back that the two packs I've mentioned are in kilts (Christ, it sounds like I'm obsessed with kilts!!  ;D). Not sure about the sporrans though. I thought there were only the two highland regiments in the 2nd war? The 72nd Seaforths wearing trews and the Gordon's in kilts. I expect to be proved completely wrong now...

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2015, 11:51:35 AM »
Indeed. I'd mentioned it in the ranges infancy to Mike so I'm hoping there might be a couple of packs in development. The Officer pack is good (although we 'need' highland officers in kilts) but its the NCO's who hold the line steady for the empire.  ;)

Quite  :)

I've just heard back that the two packs I've mentioned are in kilts (Christ, it sounds like I'm obsessed with kilts!!  ;D). Not sure about the sporrans though. I thought there were only the two highland regiments in the 2nd war? The 72nd Seaforths wearing trews and the Gordon's in kilts. I expect to be proved completely wrong now...

Well, if there were only the Seaforth's and the Gordons it should be Ok to my knowledge which is not extensive. It was the Black Watch that had a different sporran.

Darrell.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2015, 01:35:39 PM »
Yep, with my new and extensive knowledge of the period, I can give a more than authoritative cogitation. The Black Watch's sporran has got four of them small black dangly 'fings on it, instead of two big black dangly bits... if any more expert advice's needed you only have to consult the oracle.

:-X
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2015, 01:46:36 PM »
Yep, with my new and extensive knowledge of the period, I can give a more than authoritative cogitation. The Black Watch's sporran has got four of them small black dangly 'fings on it, instead of two big black dangly bits... if any more expert advice's needed you only have to consult the oracle.

:-X

Dangly 'fings  lol lol lol

Sorry, couldn't help it  :D

Darrell.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2015, 05:06:04 PM »
Beautiful work.  Richard

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2015, 09:48:55 PM »
The Officer pack is good (although we 'need' highland officers in kilts) but its the NCO's who hold the line steady for the empire.  ;)

I'm not privy to Mike Owen's intentions but a Highland command pack in kilts sounds like something we can reasonably expect - say for instance a four figure pack containing two officers and two NCO's, or one NCO and a piper.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2015, 10:38:48 PM »
I'm not privy to Mike Owen's intentions but a Highland command pack in kilts sounds like something we can reasonably expect - say for instance a four figure pack containing two officers and two NCO's, or one NCO and a piper.

I should think that it may well be on the cards, makes sense doesn't it?.... I just hope that it happens sooner rather than later- easier to build up u its with confidence that you won't be left with an incomplete regiment on the old painting desk.

Darrell.

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2015, 09:49:21 AM »
72nd and 92nd were indeed the only two Highland regiments to take part in the second Afghan War -- unless we include the Amir's Highland Guard!

I myself am waiting impatiently for Artizan to release a Highland Command pack so I can order a full battalion's worth of kilted Highlanders to serve as the 92nd.
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2015, 11:51:23 AM »
I myself am waiting impatiently for Artizan to release a Highland Command pack so I can order a full battalion's worth of kilted Highlanders to serve as the 92nd.

I recently e-mailed Mike on the subject of NCO's etc (after a short correspondence) a while back but I haven't heard anything back as of yet. If I can talk when i hear, i'll be sure to let you know.

Darrell.

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2015, 06:50:19 PM »
Thanks, Darrell!