Forum > Back of Beyond

Figure compatibility

<< < (2/4) > >>

archangel1:

--- Quote from: Budyenny on August 18, 2008, 05:00:33 PM ---
...Still looking for my train set.

Paul  :)

--- End quote ---

HLBS may still have some of their reissued trains left, although it's slightly small, or you could go for Company B's new one in 1/56, which currently has four cars available with several more in the pipeline.  I've got one and it's quite good, with lots of potential.

Budyenny:
Archangel1

The Company B does look wonderful, however I am led to believe the postage and tax in this country may be prohibitive. Does any one here have any experience of this. The set offered is rather nice.

I found three lesney Yesteryear early cars in my old toy box my Mother passed onto me they seem just the job for BoB stuff, a bit dusty and chipped but they were toys about 40 years ago, has anyone else used these?

Paul

Tannenberg:

--- Quote from: Budyenny on August 19, 2008, 01:59:08 PM ---Archangel1

The Company B does look wonderful, however I am led to believe the postage and tax in this country may be prohibitive. Does any one here have any experience of this. The set offered is rather nice.

I found three lesney Yesteryear early cars in my old toy box my Mother passed onto me they seem just the job for BoB stuff, a bit dusty and chipped but they were toys about 40 years ago, has anyone else used these?

Paul

--- End quote ---

Yes Paul, I would say that, unfortunately, the postage and tax would be a bit of a killer.  This is a great shame as I've seen some great wargaming pieces from companies in the U.S. which I'd like to have ordered but haven't because of the afore mentioned  :( 
One or two of the chaps at my wargames club had done a few conversions with the Yesteryear vehicles for WW1 - a quick lick of paint does the job and they looked really nice. I do know you can sometimes pick up these conversions on Ebay but I've not seen any for a while.

Marco

traveller:

--- Quote from: Budyenny on August 19, 2008, 01:59:08 PM ---Archangel1

Paul

--- End quote ---

Matchbox yesteryear and lledo days gone are the ones you should look for. THere are tons of them on ebay

Altius:

--- Quote from: traveller on August 07, 2009, 07:44:21 PM ---Matchbox yesteryear and lledo days gone are the ones you should look for. THere are tons of them on ebay

--- End quote ---

I'll second that recommendation for Lledo cars. They're all over Ebay, fairly cheap and very durable. I've bought a lot of them, and even converted one into an armored car for my reds!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version