Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:27:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Figure compatibility  (Read 47104 times)

Offline Budyenny

• Student
Figure compatibility
« on: August 03, 2008, 09:24:09 AM »
Ladies and Gents

New to the forum, I have been following the threads for a while though. I have now decided to let my 20mm RCW collection go and re invest in 28mm Figures. As I get older I find it easier to paint this scale. I have played a few games using Chri Peers rules, Which to be honest left me cold, used the GW Great War rules last week and I am not sure about these either (maybe the Eastern Front supplement will improve my acceptance).

I have a few questions for you 28mm gamers, that is are the Copplestone figures compatible with Pulp, Brigade figures, Renegade etc?

Where can I get Brigade figures from in the Uk for this period?

The train sets mentioned in earlier threads, I am looking to make an armoured train sometime, any clues as to where I can get one here? I am well impressed with the ones produced on this site.

Anyone gaming this stuff in the Shrewsbury area? I am near Baschurch.

Thanks for your assistance.

Paul Ireland
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 07:41:08 PM by Driscoles »

Offline Lt. Hazel

• Mastermind
    • The Leutnant´s Diary
Re: Figure compatibility
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 09:47:29 AM »
Hi!
The Copplestones are bigger than Brigade and Renegade, not sure with Pulp figures. I built my RCW/BoB Force with CC minis, they´re good casts and easy to paint.
A ruleset for this period I recomend is Triumph&Tragedy. Have a look here:
http://www.triumph-tragedy.de/
And welcome to the forum!

Online Mosstrooper

• Scientist
  • old enough to know better !
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 10:04:22 AM »
I mix Copplestone and Brigade and although the Brigade are slimmer I find they match OK , Pulp are a bit slimmer  still ,but I mix their Chinese bandits with Copplestone and you can't realy notice the difference. Think its down to personal perception . Brigade do a excellant mail order service to UK !
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 10:06:05 AM by Mosstrooper »

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 06:20:56 PM »

Where can I get Brigade figures from in the Uk for this period?

HERE  Postage free over £15.00

Offline Budyenny

• Student
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 04:00:33 PM »
Thank you all for your help, sorry for the delay. I have ordered some of the Brigade games shock troops for part of my force, they look good enough for use as Czeck troops looking to find a way back home. 

I was not going to do BoB as I already have hordes of 20mm stuff for RCW. but the pictures posted on this forum inspired me.

The suggestion to use T&T is a little late as I have used the Great War rules and they worked fine, I have used these for 20mm too using one base of three figures as one. This gave me several big battalions and several cavalry regiments. Despite my fellow gamers misgivings the rules worked really well, I look forward to the supplements on the Eastern Front.

Still looking for my train set.

Paul  :)

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 05:06:21 PM »

...Still looking for my train set.

Paul  :)

HLBS may still have some of their reissued trains left, although it's slightly small, or you could go for Company B's new one in 1/56, which currently has four cars available with several more in the pipeline.  I've got one and it's quite good, with lots of potential.

Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline Budyenny

• Student
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 12:59:08 PM »
Archangel1

The Company B does look wonderful, however I am led to believe the postage and tax in this country may be prohibitive. Does any one here have any experience of this. The set offered is rather nice.

I found three lesney Yesteryear early cars in my old toy box my Mother passed onto me they seem just the job for BoB stuff, a bit dusty and chipped but they were toys about 40 years ago, has anyone else used these?

Paul

Offline Tannenberg

• Librarian
    • Rif Raf Miniatures Ltd
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 10:30:33 AM »
Archangel1

The Company B does look wonderful, however I am led to believe the postage and tax in this country may be prohibitive. Does any one here have any experience of this. The set offered is rather nice.

I found three lesney Yesteryear early cars in my old toy box my Mother passed onto me they seem just the job for BoB stuff, a bit dusty and chipped but they were toys about 40 years ago, has anyone else used these?

Paul

Yes Paul, I would say that, unfortunately, the postage and tax would be a bit of a killer.  This is a great shame as I've seen some great wargaming pieces from companies in the U.S. which I'd like to have ordered but haven't because of the afore mentioned  :( 
One or two of the chaps at my wargames club had done a few conversions with the Yesteryear vehicles for WW1 - a quick lick of paint does the job and they looked really nice. I do know you can sometimes pick up these conversions on Ebay but I've not seen any for a while.

Marco
“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

Online traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 06:44:21 PM »
Archangel1

Paul

Matchbox yesteryear and lledo days gone are the ones you should look for. THere are tons of them on ebay

Offline Altius

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 02:21:52 PM »
Matchbox yesteryear and lledo days gone are the ones you should look for. THere are tons of them on ebay

I'll second that recommendation for Lledo cars. They're all over Ebay, fairly cheap and very durable. I've bought a lot of them, and even converted one into an armored car for my reds!

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 02:33:41 PM »
Hey welcome to the forum,

I use mainly copplestone for my figures, I have whites and chinese

I use pulp for some us marines and sailors,

I like the brigade stuff

You can buy the company b train in the uk from Wargames command post http://www.thewcp.com/

Mark copplestone has a few of the hlbs trains but doesn't know when he is getting anymore when he runs out.

Rules T&T definately

dodge

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 07:02:57 PM »
Just for your information this is a sticky topic from august 2008, though I think a late welcome is better than none lol
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 08:21:37 AM »
Just for your information this is a sticky topic from august 2008, though I think a late welcome is better than none lol

Better late than never  lol lol lol lol :'(

Offline Tannenberg

• Librarian
    • Rif Raf Miniatures Ltd
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 09:46:48 PM »
I'll second that recommendation for Lledo cars. They're all over Ebay, fairly cheap and very durable. I've bought a lot of them, and even converted one into an armored car for my reds!

Do you have a photo of your armoured car conversion that you could post on the site? 

Offline Mysterioso

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 07:23:48 PM »
Old Glory could be added to this list.  They were mentioned in this topic on TMP:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=168632

The poster there indicated there were a bit smaller than Copplestone but they are good for mixing in with Brigade Games and Copplestone.

http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/products.asp?cat=313

Nicely, the poster put a picture up on his site, so you can see the ones in great coats which are not pictured on the Old Glory site:

http://igwargminis.com/photo2_1.html