Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:37:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690620
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: AKULA's Apocalypse Isle Miniatures - 29 NEW FIGURES (pg 19)  (Read 74845 times)

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: AKULA's Apocalypse Isle Miniatures
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
Wot no renders ?!  :D
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 04:22:36 PM »
Some wonderful ideas here.
I can see a few of your ideas working really well for my next big project.
I have a feeling that I will be sending more of my dosh your way soon.
 ;)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 07:19:12 PM »
and the invisible polar bears?

:D

So have you got some vehicles mastered already Matt? Where have you uploaded them?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:25:31 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 07:58:59 PM »
It is something different to the norm though and despite the seeming lack of the "World's Elites" in your plan, it is far more interesting a project for that very thing.

One of the advantages of being a personal project rather than a business venture.

:)

A business starts with the best selling pack....Roman Legionnaires, French Napoleonic Old Guard, WW2 Paratroopers, Modern special forces...  While I'm always interested to hear people's ideas ultimately I don't have the same need for "bang for my buck" that a company with ambitions of making a profit does.

Wot no renders ?!  :D

Spookily no.

Some wonderful ideas here.

Thank you mate.

and the invisible polar bears?

So have you got some vehicles mastered already Matt? Where have you uploaded them?

Couple more being worked upon, but....

If you are interested, please check out my new blog, by clicking on my signature, or the following link

Click on the "View works in progress" icon on the left hand side of the page for the photos of the current masters.  Getting some cast up at the moment so will post photos of the full models when I have them.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 08:23:36 PM »
I was just saying on another thread (before you posted this) about how I thought there was a market for S.E.A. figures. I added that if I could sculpt or had the spare cash to do them myself, I would. It will be good to see your first figures. I think the first figures I'd do for me might be Vietnamese militias, gangs or paramilitaries for my modern imagi-nation.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:00:21 AM by Elk101 »

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 08:54:31 PM »
Yeah i did check it out Matt but no pics as yet? I'll out for the updates.

Hoping to use some of the modern vehicles for my zed and future modern alien invasion stuff.

Cheers.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 09:13:17 PM »
Yeah i did check it out Matt but no pics as yet? I'll out for the updates.

Hoping to use some of the modern vehicles for my zed and future modern alien invasion stuff.

Cheers.

http://apocisle2.blogspot.co.uk/

Bottom right, below the dollies...  ;)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 11:14:52 PM »
http://apocisle2.blogspot.co.uk/

Bottom right, below the dollies...  ;)

I'll try it on the computer,  not coming up on the android.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 09:27:48 AM »
I think you should have a look at the conflict on Bougainville for ideas. The BRA (yes that is what they called themselves, PR people are thin on the ground in warzones....) had a certain look that would fit what you are wanting to do.

Yep, that's the sort of thing I'm looking at myself. A resistance movement that makes its own guns and arrow-firing catapults, reconditions 50 y/o Japanese left overs and ammo, runs its vehicles on coconut oil and has no uniform whatsoever, pretty much fills my definition of 'irregular'... then they begin capturing real weapons and things get serious. Their PNGDF opposition are no great shakes either.

The Coconut Revolution is on YouTube and is worth a watch.

If that does not do the trick, there is a fair bit online about PNG 'raskol' gangs and the ongoing West Papuan insurgency against Indonesia.

For those not into 'made-up' stuff, these are relatively lo-tech real conflicts, which pit what are essentially light infantry forces supported by light vehicles (although Indonesia seems to have an eclectic mix of modern armoured vehicles too) against each other. The PNG government hired Sandline International to support the PNGDF... although they backtracked on the deal, but it does provide a 'what if' scenario.

Obviously I imagine this to be beyond what Matt seems to be going for, but if you lean more towards 'wars' rather than 'adventures', then this range still has legs.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 09:49:29 AM »
Going by the blog, this is looking a lot like Far Cry 3's setting and theme. I LOVE IT! 8) 8) 8)
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 11:02:31 AM »
Oh happy memories. Twenty plus years ago I got to play the part of the Bougainville Revolutionary Army as enemy party for 2 Commando Coy (the old ARes unit, as it was). That involved tooling around in Landies, in a mix of civvie and assorted camo gear brassing up the unfortunate cut lunch commandos in a state forest above Newcastle. I fondly recall a neat little section attack we ran on one of their patrols, done on the bounce. One of them got seriously lost as a result, the other three lost their packs. They lost another one for the best part of 24 hours after we ambushed a group of them on a work up weekend for the exercise near Anglesea. That was memorable in and of itself as one of the female CARO clerks attached to us left the position whilst we were all standing to, lowered her trews, squatted and started urinating  about five metres away (uphill) from where me and my oppo were positioned. The silly cow had the gall to shriek out 'don't look!' as the disbelieveing soldiery who witnessed it.

Whilst they were a fabulous extreme sports club, with all that abseiling, parachuting, canoeing and scuba etc, as a military entity the commandos were always bloody farcical, more dangerous to themselves than any potential opposition and that despite having a cadre staff made up of SASR. Rarely has a group of people been so full of themselves without any discernible rationale to back it up. Even the appies had better IMT skills.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 11:13:28 AM »
Oh and I'm really excited by the Landrover and the VW. Any idea as to when they will become available?

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 04:53:03 PM »
Going by the blog, this is looking a lot like Far Cry 3's setting and theme. I LOVE IT! 8) 8) 8)

Well when you've seen one death-infested island you've seen them all...  lol

So far I've had suggestions that its based upon Far Cry 3, Lost and Black Lagoon.  Chuck in some zombies and I guess it could even be Dead Island.

Oh and I'm really excited by the Landrover and the VW. Any idea as to when they will become available?

About a month for the VW and Landrover, but the crew for the Landrover will be longer (crew will be sold separately as the vehicle has a canvas top option).  The first casting will be off to a sculptor to get the crew sized properly.  I don't have prices yet as I need to see what the casters bill comes in at (the Landrover comes with lots of customisable options, roof, stowage and guns.

As always, will keep you guys posted.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 05:11:50 PM »
Excellent news. You can put me down for at least three of the Landies. Hopefully the crew will be generic enough to span the decades, I'm hoping for something to fill out my 1960s Brits and I'm sure there are a few people who would like them for Rhodesians etc.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »
Well when you've seen one death-infested island you've seen them all...  lol

So far I've had suggestions that its based upon Far Cry 3, Lost and Black Lagoon.  Chuck in some zombies and I guess it could even be Dead Island.

Well Last Resort springs to mind too.

At least nobody has suggested Blue Lagoon:D