Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:39:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My latest blog musings...  (Read 4278 times)

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
Re: My latest blog musings...
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 05:23:04 PM »
My wife hates everything about the hobby. Literally, everything.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 06:26:45 PM »
My wife hates everything about the hobby. Literally, everything.

Even you?  lol
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »

Offline WitchfinderGeneral

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 07:34:41 PM »
but it's very very clear that some in that shop do not consider her welcome company.
Maybe some would prefer her showing up without you.  ;)
"I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"
"Uh, I better look in the manual... This book must be out of date. I don't see "Prussia", "Siam" or "autogyro"...

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2014, 12:45:21 AM »
Maybe some would prefer her showing up without you.  ;)

i want to reply to this in a funny way, i really do, but everything i can think of sounds like a swingers opening line.  lol

Online FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 05:31:47 AM »
Yes. lol

Well suh, that'd be watcher call a "proper oul'-feshined marri-age", y'see.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 11:17:42 AM »
I take my girlfriend with me when I need to pick something up from the flgs, and she enjoys the miniatures and the hobby,  but it's very very clear that some in that shop do not consider her welcome company.

That's real life.  Nobody is going to be on everyone's top 10 list.  

If it's ownership, that a business (s in poor) decision to make customers feel like leaving.  

If it's staff that is a "conversation" or "here's your separation check," moment if it's been discussed before.  

If it's a customer to customer behavior issue management needs to act in a manner that preferably keeps both sets of people (worse case, go with keeping the customers most likely to buy more things.)

Warning:  I don't know her but being inclusive in my reasoning here, if it's a perception thing on her part she should openly approach the source of the possible problem and politely inquire about it. It may be her/your perception, it may be a misunderstanding (worked with a doctor from India who never looked women in he eyes and, when politely challenged on that behavior, he, startled that he was being perceived as acting in a unfriendly manner, started a conversation on what determined proper behavior in his upbringing and started a conscious effort to act in a manner that was less off putting to others.  Most of the nurses came to an acceptance that the doctor wasn't being rude but was acting in a manner that he thought was professional, respectful, and proper,) or the source of the feelings may be a jerk but at least it would be openly addressed.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 11:32:36 AM »
That's real life.  Nobody is going to be on everyone's top 10 list.  

If it's ownership, that a business (s in poor) decision to make customers feel like leaving.  

If it's staff that is a "conversation" or "here's your separation check," moment if it's been discussed before.  

If it's a customer to customer behavior issue management needs to act in a manner that preferably keeps both sets of people (worse case, go with keeping the customers most likely to buy more things.)

Warning:  I don't know her but being inclusive in my reasoning here, if it's a perception thing on her part she should openly approach the source of the possible problem and politely inquire about it. It may be her/your perception, it may be a misunderstanding (worked with a doctor from India who never looked women in he eyes and, when politely challenged on that behavior, he, startled that he was being perceived as acting in a unfriendly manner, started a conversation on what determined proper behavior in his upbringing and started a conscious effort to act in a manner that was less off putting to others.  Most of the nurses came to an acceptance that the doctor wasn't being rude but was acting in a manner that he thought was professional, respectful, and proper,) or the source of the feelings may be a jerk but at least it would be openly addressed.

Gracias,

Glenn

It's a case of dirty looks and loudly muttered words in our direction when we go in, and i have had a few polite chats with the owner of the store who has said that he's noticed the same attitudes in certain people when other girls enter the store.for her part it makes he feel singled out for no real reason, and i notice it more in contrast to the normally friendly atmosphere of the place when i go in alone. the owner has basically said ignore it and if it "erupts" he'll see what he can do, but i think it's telling that he noticed it as well.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 01:31:55 PM »
It's a case of dirty looks and loudly muttered words in our direction when we go in, and i have had a few polite chats with the owner of the store who has said that he's noticed the same attitudes in certain people when other girls enter the store.for her part it makes he feel singled out for no real reason, and i notice it more in contrast to the normally friendly atmosphere of the place when i go in alone. the owner has basically said ignore it and if it "erupts" he'll see what he can do, but i think it's telling that he noticed it as well.

AH.

Puts the owner in a tough spot but by letting it go on after being made aware of it it definitely makes the shop owner vulnerable (well, it would here,) to legal issues and reduced business if it continues.  Fish or cut bait moment eventually...

Sorry that exists.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 01:42:04 PM »
Well suh, that'd be watcher call a "proper oul'-feshined marri-age", y'see.

lol

23 years of togetherness :D...