Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:09:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) S.D.Z.A. - Super-Hero Dinosaur Zombie Apocalypse Miniatures  (Read 141712 times)

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
TY - BooBoo does great work!

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Not All Minions Are Small Yellow & Cute . . . . . .

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
No more previews till after the weekend - although plans continue behind the scenes as it were.

Any Questions about what's "Coming Soon" or other possible Games coming for the Nexus Family (I'll bet you didn't see that one coming LoL) feel free to ask :D

Either here or in the Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/UNI.TECH.HQ/

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
B.U.G. (British Union Ground) Trooper - filling out the grunts for S.D.Z.A. and providing Jacob Nexus with Backup :-D

Offline ancient one

• Bookworm
  • ....he's behind me right
Doc, liking the look of the previews. I'll back your Retro Booster when it kicks off in May. :)

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
You Star :D

Spread the word, SO MUCH more to share with you all!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Ronin-X (A.K.A. Jack Hughman) is a Rogue Prime - Not all Primes are allied with a Faction, and have been dubbed "Ronin" by the Initiative.

This guy was sculpted some time ago - and though I love the quirky style of this sculpt, I wasn't entirely sure about releasing it - but those who've seen it have been nagging me to, so it's going to get a limited release through the Retro-Booster (and then maybe available as a promo model, and at events).

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
A nice 70s vibe to him.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
The Giaour are Rednecks and Survivalists who have lived in the Barrens so long they've evolved into a self mutilating cannibal society and live alongside the Carrion - often picking over their leftovers for food. Vile in the extreme, with an almost hive-like structure to a tribe - and each tribe as an unnaturally seductive Queen . . . .

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Most Heroes don't wear their "Super-Costumes" all the time, and most miniature Companies don't release miniatures for characters in their civilian Guise - but We . . Aren't . . Like . . Most . . Miniature . . Companies . .

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
WHO ARE NEXUS STUDIOS! (Nexus Studios is who we are, Nexus Miniatures are what we make).

Well, theres me Drew Wood - the mad ideas, the writing, the planning etc - thats my department. I'd call it a one man band, but I have help (Cats not withstanding).

Carl Stoelzel - long time friend and confidant, he's my "Art Master General". His doodles breath life into my worlds, he's also turned out to be a rather brilliant Z-Brush sculptor too (it's Carls work you are seeing in the previews)

Dave Stone does my Resin Castings, and sculpts stuff for me on occassion - he also sells S.D.Z.A. Terrain and Suitable Prehistoric Creatures through his business Wargames Terrain Workshop.

Andy Lyon of Ainsty Castings does my Metal Castings, he also sells a great selection of terrain (his factory stuff would be great for a Uni-Tech installation).

Dave Crowther and Darren Pugh are my chief testers - I bounce wild ideas off them, and the playtest rules.

Lastly, my long suffering partner Linda - without her support and tolerance - I wouldnt even be attempting what I'm doing at the moment (Thanks Speedy)!

http://nexus-miniatures.com/

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
RIGHT, for those of you Attending Salute 2016 - Nexus will have a small presence. My Good friend Dave Stone (of Wargames Terrain Workshop - http://wargamesterrainworkshop.co.uk/) will be carrying Limited Nexus Stock (Stand TA01) he's even got some Capricans, which I'm out of stock of - and a couple of the Limited Release Skimmers too ;)

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
To Celebrate Salute, a little Promotion!

For anyone not attending Salute for some Nexus Goodness (Stand TA01) any Mail Orders you present will get 16% off until Midnight on Sunday - simply enter SALUTE16 at checkout, and you will automatically receive a discount of 16%! (see what I did there LoL)

GET READY - BECAUSE SDZA IS COMING BABY!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
One of the things we are trying out, for "Henchmen" Models (for want of a better term) is a multi-pose system.

It dawned on me that there was actually no need for separate arms and weapons, whilst they are a converters dream (I myself like separate head and weapon sprues) - it struck me that there are pretty much just four "poses" for a model holding a rifle - Aiming, At Rest, Raised, and an "over the shoulder" pose - pretty much everything else was just a variation on a theme.

So, after discussing it with Carl Stoelzel (BooBoo on here - who's turned out to be something of a genius with Z-Brush) this was what grew out of that basic idea.

Separate Head Sprues (as many as realistically possible) a Sprue of "Grunt" heads, and a special sprue for Squad Leaders/Officers etc, four Torso's, and four Sets of legs. Without repositioning the Toroso's (so just front facing, no swivelling to the left or right), and giving the heads a different tilt or pitch theres a lot of variation already.

If it works well (and they sell of course LoL) for the Henchmen, I can see this as an option for characters too - with each Character being provided with an Armed and Unarmed Torso.

Tomorrow, a little Chatter about the newer Characters and about the Alternate Futures of S.D.Z.A.!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
Prepping a test print for painting :D

"Fish, plankton, sea greens . . . protein from the sea!"