Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:00:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690879
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Valerie Foxx's League [Pulp Alley]  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Cadet13

• Scientist
  • "Now I have a machinegun. HO HO HO."
    • http://chucksnapwargames.blogspot.com/
Valerie Foxx's League [Pulp Alley]
« on: July 30, 2014, 05:31:50 AM »
To combat the threat to peace and prosperity that is Dieter's Commission (http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=69245.0), the plucky adventurers in Valerie Foxx's League are here to thwart them at every opportunity--with plenty of two-fisted action!

From left to right: "Doc" Twain, "Dangerous" Dan, Valerie Foxx, Duke Swanson, and Buford.

Valerie Foxx [Leader]

Health- d10
Brawl- 2d8
Shoot- 3d10
Dodge- 3d10
Might- 2d10
Finesse- 3d10
Cunning- 3d10

A First Class Education- Increase one of this leader’s d8 skills up to d10 (Reflected above).
Lucky Lady- When this leader activates, the opponent may not play any Fortune cards.
College Athlete- Once per turn, shift this character’s dice-type up when rolling for Might or Finesse.

“The only daughter of an eccentric, millionaire oil tycoon from New York, Valerie was given free rein to do as she pleased growing up. As a young woman, she is now a world traveler seeking adventure and financed by her doting father—an elderly gentleman with his own fair share of adventuring stories to tell. Even though she only wears the latest of modern fashions, don’t let her appearances fool you; she is brilliant, streetwise, and an accomplished markswoman with her snub-nosed revolver.”

“Dangerous” Dan Cavendish [Sidekick]

Health- d8
Brawl- 3d8
Shoot- 3d6
Dodge- 2d8
Might- 3d8
Finesse- 2d6
Cunning- 2d6

Modern-Day Gunfighter- This character is not limited to shooting the closest enemy.
All Brawn- This character’s Brawl and Might dice-type are not lowered due to injuries.

“A native New Englander born into wealth, Daniel Cavendish is Valerie’s on-again-off-again flame. Tall, dapper and handsome, “Dangerous” Dan is really only dangerous when he uses his brain.  He is, however, a decent pugilist (Queensbury rules, of course), and he is quick on the draw with his pair of gold-plated, ivory-handled Colt .45’s. Whether Valerie is genuinely attracted to him, or just feels sorry for him, is unknown... but he is handy in a scrape.”

“Doc” Twain [Ally]

Health- d6
Brawl- 1d6
Shoot- 1d6
Dodge- 1d6
Might- 1d6
Finesse- 2d6
Cunning- 2d6

“I’ve read this in a book somewhere…”- Once per turn, this character may re-roll one Dodge or Cunning die.

“A mild-mannered inventor, ‘Doc’ Twain’s specialty is new and untested technology. An employee of Foxx Oil, Valerie’s father continues to pay Twain’s expenses as he follows Valerie across the globe, purchasing and tinkering with any new gadgets he comes across in the name of the Foxx Oil Empire. A long time reader of Western dime novels and other pulp fiction, the left-handed, Missouri-born Twain considers himself somewhat of a maverick and packs a 1911.”

Duke Swanson [Ally]

Health- d6
Brawl- 2d6
Shoot- 2d6
Dodge- 1d6
Might- 1d6
Finesse- 1d6
Cunning- 1d6

Long Range Hunter- This character’s close range is 12”, and their long range is 48” – instead of 6” and 24”.

Buford [Ally]

Health- d6
Brawl- 2d6
Shoot- ---
Dodge- 1d6
Might- 2d6
Finesse- 1d6
Cunning- 3d6

Hound Dog- This character may not shoot, but adds +1d to two other skills (Reflected above).

“Duke Swanson was an old friend to Valerie’s father, serving as a hunting guide in Alaska before he was hired as a contract hunter to protect oil workers in Montana from mountain lions, bears and wolves. He was asked to accompany Valerie and her entourage by the elder Foxx to provide security. He is never without his favorite hunting dog, a bloodhound named Buford.”

Hopefully Valerie and her team will prove more than a match for the evil Nazis! To paraphrase a famed pulp hero, "I hate those guys!"

Thanks for looking,
Chuck

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Re: Valerie Foxx's League [Pulp Alley]
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 11:20:22 PM »
Well done! Great backgrounds. And I like the names you gave to the abilities.  ;)

Who makes these figures?

Offline Cadet13

• Scientist
  • "Now I have a machinegun. HO HO HO."
    • http://chucksnapwargames.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 02:38:18 AM »
Thanks. :)

Twain is the "Scientist pushing a button" or something like that from Brigade Games, with a hand swap from the Wargames Factory "female survivors" sprue; Dangerous Dan is plastic and assembled straight from the Wargames Factory "male survivors" set; Valerie is a plastic figure made by Lledo to go along with their cars, also with a handswap from the WF female survivors; Duke is made by Askari miniatures as part of their Big Game hunters, and Buford is from Brigade Games--he came with a VSF Civil War guy throwing a stick of dynamite, but I can't recall the set's name off the top of my head, though.

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 02:39:43 AM »
Great stuff!  Total Agent Carter vibe!
"They seek him here, they seek him... There he is!"

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 07:59:23 AM »
That's another nice league and I think your character stories are great.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 07:24:31 AM »

Twain is the "Scientist pushing a button" or something like that from Brigade Games, with a hand swap from the Wargames Factory "female survivors" sprue; Dangerous Dan is plastic and assembled straight from the Wargames Factory "male survivors" set; Valerie is a plastic figure made by Lledo to go along with their cars, also with a handswap from the WF female survivors; Duke is made by Askari miniatures as part of their Big Game hunters, and Buford is from Brigade Games--he came with a VSF Civil War guy throwing a stick of dynamite, but I can't recall the set's name off the top of my head, though.

THANKS for sharing!  :D

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 02:18:29 AM »
Another well thought out league!   :)
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 05:30:58 AM »
I was looking at that WF survivors set recently and wandering how they would work. Looks great!  ;)

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com