Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:04:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690521
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley Hobby Pages  (Read 27368 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Pulp Alley Hobby Pages
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 06:19:17 AM »
...are you guys saying that the Frothing Loonies were actually a portrait job?  lol

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2014, 04:59:11 PM »

Perilous Island, Scene 5 Lagoon of Terror

Last week Lewis and I continued our adventures on Perilous Island, chartering boats to head for its mysterious shores. Imagine our surprise when our small boats were torn to pieces by the 'Lagoon Terror' and we had to swim for our lives.
If you would like to find out how this ended for Professor Snow and Manfred on the Black Itza, a full and detailed photographic journal has been lodged on our Pulp Alley hobby pages at http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Hobby-Pages/Pulp-Alley-28mm-Pulp-Adventure-Gaming
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2014, 04:53:16 AM »
WOW! That looked like so much fun. THANKS for sharing your AAR.  :-*

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »

On Sunday afternoon Lewis and I took a break from our Perilous Island campaign to try out our new Terra-Block Shopping Mall terrain with a Pulp Alley Zombie Apocalypse style game. This was the first introduction to Pulp Alley for my friend Nick, who also joined us. A great afternoons gaming was had by all, although it did reveal the less admirable side of human nature when players decided to abandon their own search for plot points and concentrate on gunning down the other leagues characters who had been successful. As if the 'zombie plague' was not enough to contend with!

Full after action report on our Pulp Alley hobby pages at : http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Hobby-Pages/Pulp-Alley-28mm-Pulp-Adventure-Gaming

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 02:18:42 PM »

On Sunday afternoon Lewis and I took a break from our Perilous Island campaign to try out our new Terra-Block Shopping Mall terrain with a Pulp Alley Zombie Apocalypse style game. This was the first introduction to Pulp Alley for my friend Nick, who also joined us. A great afternoons gaming was had by all, although it did reveal the less admirable side of human nature when players decided to abandon their own search for plot points and concentrate on gunning down the other leagues characters who had been successful. As if the 'zombie plague' was not enough to contend with!

The Terra-Block Mall looks great! THANKS for sharing the fun AAR.  lol lol

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2014, 03:40:46 AM »
This AAR reminds me of the last time we went to the mall!  lol lol lol

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
The Summoning - A Pulp Alley AAR
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2014, 10:18:13 AM »

The local Mall has become even scarier since an evil cult has taken it over in order to complete their diabolic plans of summoning forth a Shoggoth.

Another fantastic Pulp Alley adventure, exciting down to the last few die rolls.

Full AAR posted on our Pulp Alley Hobby pages at : http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Hobby-Pages/Pulp-Alley-28mm-Pulp-Adventure-Gaming

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2014, 11:13:56 AM »
Looks like a very enjoyable game and very nice scenery. You have to watch out for those Cultists who eat 3 Weetabix for breakfast, very dangerous!

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2014, 12:58:07 PM »
Most certainly. He defied all of the odds. I wish I had some followers like that in my leagues!

This is the Cultist in question, who survived 3 rounds of shooting, inflicting wounds on characters and then the 4th time he is shot at manages to dodge in to the storeroom!

We did have a rules query at the end of the game.
Can a league voluntarily leave the table. At end of turn 5 we had Major and Minor plot point, did not like the look of the Shoggoth that had been summoned so decided to quit while we were ahead, it was a smash and grab scenario after all. Lewis however felt that their was no mention in rules of being able to leave the table, so just wondered what others thought?

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2014, 09:05:43 PM »
We did have a rules query at the end of the game.
Can a league voluntarily leave the table. At end of turn 5 we had Major and Minor plot point, did not like the look of the Shoggoth that had been summoned so decided to quit while we were ahead, it was a smash and grab scenario after all. Lewis however felt that their was no mention in rules of being able to leave the table, so just wondered what others thought?

The rule in question is tucked away at the bottom of page 14. Look for a grey box labeled "Retreat". I think Dad wrote this rule to discourage characters from creeping away with loot before the final bell rings.

Your mall looks so awesome! You've really done a great job.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2014, 07:51:10 AM »
Thanks for clarification, that was how we played it in the end which was why in the last photo Melanie and Roberto are loitering on the street outside the Mall but on the table.
Did you and your Dad see my email with the clear template photos?

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2014, 03:05:16 PM »

Perilous Island, Part 6 - The Sinister Swamp.

Driven inland by the hideous, tentacled horror that was the 'Lagoon Terror' our explorers find themselves in the 'Sinister Swamp' where their troubles are only just about to begin.

Full after action report in our hobby pages at : http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Hobby-Pages/Pulp-Alley-28mm-Pulp-Adventure-Gaming

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2014, 10:45:20 PM »
Another fantastic Pulp Alley ARR from the Sally 4th folks. THANKS for sharing.  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2015, 08:23:19 PM »
A couple of weeks ago Lewis and I played 'Blood Sacrifice' as the seventh installment in our Perilous Island campaign.

This episode sees our adventurers arrive in the nick of time to save Giles, a survivor of the Darrow Expedition meet an unpleasant end in a stake filled pit (which was constructed especially for the game).

As usual with Pulp Alley, a great time was had by all!
Read the full after action report at http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Hobby-Pages/Pulp-Alley-28mm-Pulp-Adventure-Gaming

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2015, 08:30:59 PM »
Outstanding, Chris!   :-* :-*

I really like those native totems with the pots. Where did you get those?

THANKS!