Forum > Medieval Adventures

Does anyone have experience with Bloody Barons?

(1/2) > >>

Sir Tobi:
Hi all,

I've read Peter Pigs Ruleset "Bloody Barons" and it sounds really good. Before I go ahead and rebase my Perry-armies (I'll do both sides) though, I wanted to ask if anyone here has some experience with it and can say something about it. I really would appreciate it.

Many thanks and best regards,
Tobi

Atheling:

--- Quote from: Sir Tobi on August 15, 2014, 07:38:40 PM ---Hi all,

I've read Peter Pigs Ruleset "Bloody Barons" and it sounds really good. Before I go ahead and rebase my Perry-armies (I'll do both sides) though, I wanted to ask if anyone here has some experience with it and can say something about it. I really would appreciate it.

Many thanks and best regards,
Tobi

--- End quote ---

Hi Tobi,

I once bought the rules but later I sold them on as I couldn't find anyone to play the Wars of the Roses with me! Then came the Perry plastics!!!  >:( :D :) :)

I did scim through them but cannot really remember what they played like as we didn't get a chance to play them!

A set that I really did like was A Coat of Steel (goes with their Campaign System, A Crown of Paper) from the Perfect Captain, it's free, colourful and really has the feel of a Cousins War battle (as far as I can tell!  :)). Google it and it's a free download, with great graphics, they ask you to make a donation to your favourite charity, which I did as it only seems fair really!!

Darrell.

Orlock:
I have a copy but have never played them, I have always used A Coat of Steel by the Perfect Captain.

fastolfrus:
We've played them a few times.

No need to re-base figures though so long as your current basing is consistent, (all on the same frontage as each other). Ours are mostly based for WRG Renaissance (George Gush rules) so we just make sure to only use multiple based figures or group singles together so that they line up.

The rules have some interesting bits, but the "pre-battle" bit are worth getting your head round even if you use another system for the actual fighting - the pre-battle can make it a bit less of an even fight than most points based systems.

Sir Tobi:
Many thanks for your help. I'll try Coat of Steel - all those counters and cards are a little daunting, but it looks wort the effort. Thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version