Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:33:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Stunning Dropzone Commander Boards.  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Rhelyk

• Librarian
Re: Stunning Dropzone Commander Boards.
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 11:35:52 PM »
The construction itself was not so amazingly detailed, honestly. But he painted it in a really effective way! I should DEFINITELY practice more with my airbrush.

Honestly, very little about this project is particularly difficult to do. If you read his posts he tells you how he paints his buildings, and it's something that pretty much anybody could do with a bit of practice, just a series steps. Each step is actually quite simple to achieve and by going through all of them you build up the detail layer by layer until you get that as a final result. Airbrushing the base/mid/highlight colors, airbrushing patches of washes to break up color, an oil wash, drybrushing highlights, adding weathering powders. None of these steps are difficult at all and they all add to a final, wonderful looking result.

And THAT'S the amazing part, the sheer amount of patience and practiced skill that not only went into the project but actually saw it through to completion. The sheer time and effort put into making this entire board look so good is astounding to me. I could make that board, that exact board, but I never will. I don't have the patience or the drive to see a project like that through to completion, I'd get lazy and skip steps and cut corners just to speed it along or get sidetracked by another game. This guy didn't get lazy and skip steps, and you can tell by the final result. I LOVE seeing stuff like this, stuff I could do but know I never would do. Hell, my Deadzone board still isn't fully finished and that's only a 2'x2'!

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Re: Stunning Dropzone Commander Boards.
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 11:38:40 PM »
From the forum you linked above, there's this picture too:

i'm not sure where this is from, though...

Bleeding hell, 'tis gorgeous but very pricey. Personally I'd expect some adult gratification included in the price for a decent setup.