Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:13:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Secret Fishmen Revealed!!!  (Read 10163 times)

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
Re: Secret Fishmen Revealed!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 04:45:26 PM »
You own a Tardis. Your OK. ;)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
    • https://killerbgames.co.uk/
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 06:09:04 PM »
I'm looking forward to Strange Aeons the minis look fabtaculous. I'm gutted I'm on the wrong continent for the limited pre-release. :'(

Have you done any miniatures of the good guys for the game? 
"Morning!"

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 08:44:55 PM »
The pre-release is for all the guys who have been playtesting and hanging out with me for the last year and a half. Just a little thank you for putting up with me and my crazy game...as for models for the goodguys I have two right now and another four on the way...as well as another cultist or two. I hope to start molding them up later this week or early next week. hard to say as I am really busy right now. Glad to see some interest and I hope you will all be patient with me. I'll let you know more when there is more...hope to see a finished rulebook by the weekend...have to see...

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 04:12:17 PM »
Saw the first 53 pages of the rulebook on the weekend. They look great. Gotta love all the art I was able to score from Riley Rossmo...it really makes the rulebook pop or whatever. I'm quite excited to see everything coming together and also quite sure that it will not be released 'UNTIL 2009'. It will be worth the wait thou...when the book is totally finished I may post up a couple pages just for the heck of it.

Also, in response to an earlier question the drink is green cool-aid...not sure of the flavor...lime? Apple? Rather than drinking a snifter of abbie I opted for harmless jonestown punch! There was going to be a caption on the bottom that read..."Uncle Mike relaxes in his favorite chair with a warmish glass of space brine and a book of erotic limericks." or some such hillarity...but it never got added, leaving the strange photo you see now...don't stare at it too long!!! And, the thing over my shoulder is an old garage kit of a Bernie Wrightson painting entitled, "Anguish". Have a look at that for some laughs...always wanted to use the statue as a summoned god or whatever...pretty big at 25mil...

Offline marko.oja

• Scientist
    • My Photobucket
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 11:28:22 AM »
Any thoughts when we'll be able to put in pre-orders (doing this would of course give you an idea of how many sets you'll be able to "get rid of" straight away)?

Marko
Currently painting: Black Hat Three Musketeers range.

Offline Breten

• Librarian
    • Calgary Gaming Forum
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 03:06:27 PM »
I think once the book is ready to go to the printers, we'll set up some pre-orders.  There's still a decision to be made on how to package it.  As a box set with models, book & models separate, etc.

Mike's currently busy casting up models, and I think he's working on the second set of Cultists, and some Agents.

I'm his marketing guy. ;)

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2008, 02:46:59 PM »
Any more news Unkie Mike???

I love the idea of the game, and you mentioned that you would like to see a limited release on OCT 31, but will that be to pals, or to fellow fiends here on LAF?  I would love to get my hands on those rules!

BTW, what scale are the figs?  Can the game be played out in 28mm?  Or is it geared to another scale?

Thanks for all the info!
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 05:15:35 PM »
I think once the book is ready to go to the printers, we'll set up some pre-orders.  There's still a decision to be made on how to package it.  As a box set with models, book & models separate, etc.

Mike's currently busy casting up models, and I think he's working on the second set of Cultists, and some Agents.

I'm his marketing guy. ;)

I hope he's cutting you in on the deal  lol

Seriously, I'm really looking forward to this, so please keep us informed on progress!

I think that's one of my Christmas presents sorted.