Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:03:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690843
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Working on 28mm African Adventure (Update 10/12/14 Col. Simpson's retinue ...)  (Read 13200 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Working on 28mm African Adventure (Update/Pygmy huts)
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 03:40:11 AM »
Ingenius!
 8) 8)

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 04:34:48 PM »
Yup, that's a great pygmy burger you've got there  :D

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 10:25:20 PM »
Really imaginative ,I'm afraid I would never have seen the use for that,great modeling.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 12:34:07 AM »
Thanks to all for taking the time to write.  I'm really happy you've enjoyed the pygmy huts.  They were a lot of fun to put together.  Romark, one of the things I often ask myself is how many great things have I failed to pick up at the swap meet because I just didn't see what they could become.  In writing about my weekend mornings at the swap meet, I have often said that it is a great adventure; I just never know what treasure the next stall may hold and will I see the hidden treasure that rests beneath the obvious.  Richard

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 05:21:40 AM »
What's the surface your pygmies and huts are standing on on the first page? It's a nice textured looking mat(?) that also seems flat enough to be functional.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 02:35:22 PM »
Lawful Evil, the surface you are asking about is a cheap indoor-outdoor carpet I purchased before it was discontinued because it was a terrible carpet.  Fortunately for me I got enough of it to cover two 5 ft x 7 ft tables and it make great ground cover.  You can see it in use at my website.  I think you can see some good shots of it in my Bocage "44 gallery at www.warin15mm.com/The-Bocage--44.html

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 12:20:10 AM »
Thanks, the Masters Hardware near my place has a bunch of thin industrial carpet that would be perfect for that sort of thing. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner.
That's a very impressive range of galleries you have there, what an amazing collection of miniatures you have!

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 12:31:03 AM »
Lawful Evil, good luck with your carpet purchase.  I've been using the carpet ground cover I bought for thirty years, and I'm still happy with the results.  Also, thanks for the kind words about my other galleries.  I'm glad you had a chance to give them a viewing.  Richard

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Working on 28mm African Adventure (Update/Tarzan's tree)
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 05:01:26 AM »
As I indicated with the first of these postings, my African Adventure collection is far more Hollywood than historic Africa, and as such Tarzan is a natural element of the collection.  I have several different versions of Tarzan and Jane… Foundry, Reaper and Old Glory among them, but the figures I have posted here are the North Star Africa Tarzan, Jane and Boy.  The tree itself was something that I hoped to find from the beginning of my collection process for this project.  Consequently, I have been looking for just the right broken toy at the swap meet for years and the one posted here is the best I have found.  It was only $2 and in pretty good shape for my needs though I admit I have no idea what the original piece looked like, and pieces were definitely missing when I bought it.  But it offered me the look I was hoping for and after adding Milliput (shaped as bushes or foliage… I hope) to cover the two cave openings in front, I just gave it a new paint job, and I’m quite happy with the end result.

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 11:52:17 PM »
That's a great find,kudos for persevering in your search,turned up trumps in the end,nice work.

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 08:23:20 AM »
Indeed. That's a very nice tree. There are some playsets outthere that have very nice trees in them but unfortunately the other bits 'n bobs are not useable so i have not made the decision to buy one or two.  8)

Offline joekano

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Major Thomas Foolery
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 02:40:16 AM »
That looks great - amazing find!
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room." -President Merkin Muffley
http://majorthomasfoolery.blogspot.com/

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 02:42:47 PM »
As I've said before, I'm fortunate to be able to find play sets like the tree at the swap meet for a $1 or $2 in piles of other broken toys.  This tree was by far the best I found.  I plan to make one more figure posting on this WIP thread (I'm not very good at posting WIP things… sorry about that), and then in November I'll be make a separate posting of the full African Adventure Gallery in its completed form with 160 animals, ideas stolen from Hammers, hundred of people figures, a trading post, a jungle bar, 2 villages, several boats, and a fort.  It's been years in the collecting and about six months in the painting and construction, but I'm almost done.  Thanks for taking the time to have a look at the WIP stuff and for taking the time to write.  Richard

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
This posting will probably be my last for this WIP thread.  As I indicated earlier, the entire collection is just about done, and I plan to post the completed gallery in November.  So for my final posting here, I’ve decided to include figures from Colonel Simpson’s retinue by Eureka and some Foundry witchdoctors.  Hope you like them, and please keep your eyes open for the posting of my completed African Adventure Gallery.