Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:53:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Vice Alley -- Coming in 2014  (Read 5635 times)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Re: Vice Alley -- Coming in 2014
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 06:21:42 PM »
So this will be more of an "Untouchables" style game?

Yup, that would work nicely. The Shadow, The Spider, Green Hornet, and that style of crime-fighter will also feel right at home in Vice Alley.

I smell a Judge Dredd variant at Chateau Cheetor.  Time to get working on some Organ Leggers or Umpty Racketeers :)

Absolutely! Sticking to our ethos, Vice Alley will easily fit lots of places and settings -- Gangland USA, Post-War Britain, Mega City, China, a Mining Asteroid in Sector Six, etc...

What's next for the Phipps after this? A new game for a bit? Scenario packs? New modules not yet hinted at? A PA supplement for gaming other eras and genres? Hm... thinking out loud like that, I'd bet that last one would be a strong seller.

Unfortunately, our To-Do list grows 10x faster than what we actually get done. There is so much left to do...

I think a Characters Deck and Resources Deck would be really cool and helpful.

There's a Retro Sci-Fi style campaign to finish, as well as some fun ideas for a Cyber-Punk setting.

A long time ago, I promised myself a Samurai and Old West expansion for Pulp Alley, but they keep getting pushed back.

An Egyptian Campaign for Pulp Alley is a must!

There's rumblings of a Pulp Alley RPG and Fantasy expansion as well.  

There's work on Mila's Victorian SF campaign to finish up.

Right now it's all about Vice Alley. I tend to get tunnel vision when I'm working on a project, so I really have no idea what will be next.

And if any brave or foolish soul wants to write something for Pulp Alley, please shoot me an email. Oh -- and I need some good artists too!  ;)

...  I would rather that the game system did not branch into individual variants, each with their own particular rules and each only partly compatible with the others.  

I like the idea of campaign/scenario books too, perhaps on a genre basis, instead of lots of varied rules.

Agreed.   :D

I´m planing a new board for Vice Alley, should become a San Francisco/Hell´s Kitchen street scene to support Superhero and Crime Noir Pulp storys...

Perfect timing. Mila and I are also working on more urban style terrain.

I find the numerous abilities that can be chosen from to be a bit boggling. I'm tempted to work on a master list of all the goodies... But ultimately it's rich fodder for fun games.

Vice Alley may add about 25 new abilities to the list, but I hope this is the last of the long lists. If future expansions have abilities lists, I want to keep them down to no more than 5-6.

Mila keep threatening to put together a special hardback edition of Pulp Alley and combine the first four books into a big 200 page tome and combining the abilities lists.

Soon we'll have some new Vice Alley scenarios to share with those foolish enough to gaze upon my unedited words. SAN check may be required.  ;D ;D

THANKS for all the comments and support.

HAVE FUN

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 02:47:07 AM »
Just to say a big THANK YOU for bringing this EXCELLENT system for us to play with.

I'm sure VICE ALLEY will be a MUST HAVE for developing the game.

Waiting for it.

Best wishes.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 07:04:05 AM »
It's a real treat being able to discuss things like this with a game's designer,  many thanks for the responses Dave (it's not something we should take for granted).

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 01:54:31 PM »
The Shadow, The Spider, Green Hornet, and that style of crime-fighter will also feel right at home in Vice Alley.

I do like the sound of this!

Mila keep threatening to put together a special hardback edition of Pulp Alley and combine the first four books into a big 200 page tome and combining the abilities lists.

I love the sound of this!

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 02:54:26 PM »

The name of this supplement regularly gives me the urge to buy these from Studio Miniatures...

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 08:24:21 PM »

I might well buy a copy of that, to be honest. DrivethruRPG's print-on-demand hardback books are quite well done, as are Lulu's... just saying.

That said, I haven't actually bought your Vehicles book yet! Must correct that next weekend after payday!

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 10:44:59 PM »
Seem interesting! Sure I will buy Vice Alley and maybe consider the hardbook special edition too if it will be available one day ;)

Offline wolfen

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 11:42:57 PM »
Yup, that would work nicely. The Shadow, The Spider, Green Hornet, and that style of crime-fighter will also feel right at home in Vice Alley.

Yay!

I would most definitely buy that!