Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:24:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for a game near Birmingham or Blackburn  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Dave Knight

• Mad Scientist
    • Lead Warrior
Looking for a game near Birmingham or Blackburn
« on: August 21, 2014, 08:35:59 AM »
I am going on a course and have the choice of either of these venues.  The deciding factor will be can I get a couple of games in on the night time?  I will have a hire car .  The wargaming dates are the evenings of Monday 20th and Tuesday 21st  October in the Birmingham area and Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th November in the Blackburn area. Either a club or anyone able to act as host would be great

I play almost anything involving miniatures.  For some idea of my wargaimg background see my blog – you may find my post on internet dating interesting

http://leadwarriordavek.blogspot.co.uk
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:39:56 AM by Dave Knight »

Offline john Hollyoak

• Scientist
Re: Looking for a game near Birmingham or Blackburn
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 08:36:44 PM »
Well you'd be welcome at the October club. We meet on Tuesdays. Only potential problem is that we hold the AGM sometime in October but I don't think the date has been fixed. I am struggling to get down at the moment but if I put the word out I'm sure we could sort a game out.
John

Offline Dave Knight

• Mad Scientist
    • Lead Warrior
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 10:22:36 AM »
Thanks John - If your AGM is not on (going to ours is bad enough) then this looks like a real possibility 8)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 10:25:42 AM »
There is a club in Lancaster meets on Tuesday nights.
Might not be too far from Blackburn
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline john Hollyoak

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 08:03:33 PM »
Just found out that the AGM is on 14th so the week after is fine. If you are still up for it, let me know and we can discuss a game.
John

Offline Dave Knight

• Mad Scientist
    • Lead Warrior
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 11:50:09 AM »
Hi John

Whilst I was away on holiday the Blackburn option has been booked on my behalf so I won't be able to make it over.

Another time perhaps

Thanks for replying anyway

Regards

Dave

Offline Mahwell skel

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »
I go to Burnley Wargames Club on a Tuesday night which is not far from Blackburn. We are happy for anyone to come along and join in.

We play lots of different things. This week it was 6mm Hondurans and British vs French @1994. Unfortunately the French fled rather early in the evening (they were the newly painted army on their first outing not for any other reason before you say it). Last week 20mm modern skirmish but we also do 10mm Spanish Civil War, 15mm WW2 Napoleonics and ancients. No need to bring anything it can all be supplied.

If you are about that Tuesday in Blackburn let me know. We can sort something out. Marcus

Offline Dave Knight

• Mad Scientist
    • Lead Warrior
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »
Hi Marcus

I had found that Lancaster ran on a Tuesday but they have not got back to me and Burnley is certainly a bit closer :)

I will take you u on your kind offer - perhaps you could give me details of timins and venue

Regards

Dave

PS I have tried MAWS for the Monday but might still be open to offers for that night as well 8)

Offline Mahwell skel

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 11:56:30 AM »
Great!

Burnley Wargames Club are open every Tuesday 19:30 till late. We are at the Ennismore Centre on Ennismore Street on the corner of Bassnett Street postcode BB10 3EU.

Let me know what you fancy doing? I will PM you too.