Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:23:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690324
  • Total Topics: 118325
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Of walker's,Airship's,and a missing vintage book(picture's added)  (Read 5037 times)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: Of walker's,Airship's,and a missing vintage book(picture's added)
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 12:36:58 AM »
And that German walker sure looks good  :-*

Online Elk101

• Elder God
Re: Help needed in locating a vintage book(picture's added)
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 07:31:49 AM »
Thank's
But I'm sure if Graham had anything to say,on the matter,it would have been said by now.Forum's don't make you difficult to get hold of.
At the risk of sounding big headed,I'm freelance and never been short of work,or had to ask for it in sixteen year's.
I only enquired after buying another couple of Walker's a British one with the RollsRoyce style turret,and a German one with two arm's instead of a auto cannon.

Fair enough, I can definitely see your point  :) They are too nice not to be available to the masses though!  :D

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 08:47:50 AM »
 :D It's not all bad,I've still got master's and design's to other walker's Jim never paid for plus the robot's.
I'll ask Simon to cast one of the robots as I've some casting time with them.

Offline waugh games

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 06:09:02 PM »
hi tin shed ,i would be very interested in the walkers drop me a pm and lets get these fantastic sculpts produced

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 07:07:24 PM »
"The Golden Hind had been practically retracing her course, and might be anything from fifty to a hundred miles farther away from her goal than she had been when the storm enveloped her. Obedient to the action of the vertical rudders the airship swung back on her former course. The altimeter indicated a height of twelve thousand feet, and the Golden Hind was still rising. Three thousand feet below was an expanse of wind-torn clouds, no longer showing dark, but of a dazzling whiteness. The crew of the Golden Hind were literally looking on the bright side of things. We re well above the path of the storm, remarked Fosterdyke, gratefully. We ve a lot to be thankful for, but the fact remains we daren t descend while that stuff s knocking about. Once in a lifetime is quite enough. Before any of his companions could offer any remark, Murgatroyd, the chief air-mechanic on duty, appeared through the hatchway. Sorry to have to report, sir, he announced, that the two after motors are both out of action. Blade smashed on the starboard prop, sir, and the chain-drive on the port prop has snapped. The broken chain is in your cabin, sir. Who put it there? asked Fosterdyke. It put itself there, sir, was the imperturbable reply. Sort of flew off the sprocket when the link parted and went bang through the side plate of the fuselage, sir. I ll allow it s made a wee bit of a mess inside, sir. Take over, Bramsdean, please, said Fosterdyke. Directly you get a chance obtain our position. Come on, Kenyon, let s see the extent of the damage. The cabin doesn t matter. It isn t the first time I ve slept in a punctured dog-box. But the mechanical breakdown--that s the thing that counts. Followed by Murgatroyd, the baronet and Kenyon went aft. From No. 5 motor-room they could see the motionless propeller, one of the four blades of which had been shattered as far as the boss, while all the others bore signs of more or less damage from the flying."
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 07:11:24 PM »
There are 2402 Westerman books on Abe at present. The flying submarine is one of the expensive ones at £5.70...

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?an=percy+westerman&sts=t

Online Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »
Re: Percy Westerman - I have a couple of his books but I can't help but wonder if nowadays their titles might raise a small titter....

115   Standish Gets his Man       1938        
116    Standish Loses his Man            1939           
122    Standish Pulls it Off              1940
127    Standish Holds On            1941    

115 and 122 were originally combined but the title was just plain wrong.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 08:25:25 PM »
Thank you,I'm now inspired to the first of three airships (While I'm waiting for my book's to arrive) and I'll post the pictures asap the small boat I made for this long suffering project turns up else where on the forum thats why I havn't posted on this topic for a while.but I'll add new pictures of one figures for the game soon,Mark

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 10:22:11 PM »
I did say there are some very odd undertones in these books,it just shows how english has change.
The size of those aircraft is a bit of a put off I'm only making a two seater nod at a WW 1 sub hunter,its only 35cm long.
Now feel's like I'm putting a 10mm tank on a 28mm table.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2014, 10:42:57 PM »
Bezzo,it my be my lack of understand of computery wirey thingimy bob's but I can get your last three picture's to load.That my not be a bad thing as I've been sidetracked enough this month. lol

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 11:32:41 PM »
Still missing

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2014, 12:21:41 AM »
Oh great no way I'm not going to make one,It'll make a change from a tramp steamer and some what cheaper to make than a Sea plane.just off topic slightly .What was the name of the flying boat in The tales of the golden monkey? I remember the one eyed jack russel with an eye patch was called jake.

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 02:56:18 AM »
Stephen Collins as Jake Cutter, our Ace Pilot and main protagonist, pilot of Cutter's Goose.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:00:46 AM by Prof. Dinglebat. Phd. »