Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:14:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ambush 1857  (Read 2513 times)

Offline nevermore

• Mastermind
    • http://www.victorian-steel.com/
Ambush 1857
« on: August 21, 2014, 05:44:16 PM »
First i like to thank all the support on the Grimsby website over the 3 years i ran it and i know i have not posted up for a number of weeks now, because i have been very busy creating a new up-to-date website complete with new features which i could not get on the old website, this includes a webstore and forum attached.

http://www.victorian-steel.com/

I have had so many emails enquiring about what rules we used ect .. so some club members decided to publish the rules and get them out on the web, to us its another way for making a donation to combat stress which we strongly support.

The rules are great value for money they come with a playsheet and 48 flags which are excellent quality  professionally printed on two sheets, these are free of charge to those who buy a set of rules saving you alot of money.

OK time to post whats been going on at the club.

Ambush 1857, we tried a ambush setup for the Mutineers, the British in a long column with artilly guns cavalry ect, it was on a dusty winding road, mutineers had hidden movements and await the ambush.

Under the Victorian Steel rules, soldiers march in companies and hidden movement is involved as the mutineers await in a ditch, sunken road

free upload image

The British column march in the heat and dusk

free upload pictures

The 17th cavarly screen the front with supplys at the rear, the heat and water does affect the companies in the rules

imagehosting

On the Horizon the enemy appears,commanders for the British enemy
during the Indian Mutiny quarrel constantly and this affects the movement in the rules in Victorian Steel and commanders

image upload free

British command orders create a game that even though outnumbered 3,4-1 ratio and the odds look frightening, they can out maneuver the enemy and pinpoint a strike, it does make you think how to handle a battle and a awkward situation

adult image

British commander leads a brigade column, these could be 8 brigade stands or 12 brigade stand, you need no rebasing of figures for the rules and companies can screen by skirmish, this officer sees no reason to act as he has no vision of the chaos ahead

how to do a screen shot

The officer hears shot ahead and orders a skirmish screen around his brigade, he knows he is in a vulnerable position

post image

The mutineers used the hidden movement rule and strike the flanks of the column, the British are well trained in the rules and react well to open fire, lets hope the brigade officer dosent get shot from his horse. Weapon range and fire is a advantage at long range for the British column they never expected this

image hosting over 2mb

Pt 2 next week wargamers, remember you don't need lots of figures to game Victorian Steel Rules, they are fast and been play tested over six months with 7 players every Monday evening to get these as best as we can.
Scenario historical battles vols will be coming out soon "The Rise and Fall of the Zulu" being the first.

http://www.victorian-steel.com/
The Victorian Outpost

Its a new gaming place in Grimsby with new terrain and new scenery, lots of respect for all wargamers and is the best place to game in town.

Anybody who wishes to visit the venue to arrange a game then  just pm me and lets roll those dice.

http://www.victorian-steel.co

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Ambush 1857
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 06:34:46 PM »
Beautiful as always!  Richard

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 07:26:51 PM »
Rules ordered,eagerly awaiting delivery,hope they sell well,looking forward to the Mutiny scenario booklet.

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 08:30:53 PM »
Those rules sound great,we kind of home rule our set,but I like the cut of your rules. Again great looking game.

Offline nevermore

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »
Pretty happy with the rules and the look of it, we did a Zulu game 1838 battle of Tugela last night and it was great, will post the pictures up in a couple of weeks.

The rules also come with a playsheet and two flag sheets which are excellent quality  professionally printed 48 flags in total free of charge, these include a number of Boer flags which they did carry in the wars againsted the British and the civil war they had.

You will find the rules simple to remember as we did'nt want anybody to get bogged down looking up on pages ect .. everything has pictures samples of combat and firing ect .. you will also fins a line has random hits which can put holes in the ranks with companies falling back .

We also will be doing weekends of Victorian Steel games on the large tables and taking bookings free of charge as long as you feed yourself..

heres the cover of the Zulu rise and fall scenario book vol 1

jpg images

We don't just write the scenarios, we really do game every scenario to get it right for the rules, we research like crazy like most wargamers but we love it and its better than pissing your money up a wall and we donate for charity, the rules are cheap and excellent value for money, the postage is the same for everbody even if you live on the other side of the planet you pay the same price as everybody in the UK.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 06:19:33 AM »
Amazing looking game Malc  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*.

Very much looking forward to receiving the rules and actually already looking ahead to viewing the Zulu Wars supplement!

Darrell.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 05:55:56 PM »
I just went on line and ordered a set of the rules.
Look forward to playing them.
Love your Indian Mutiny AAR.
Thanks for all you guys do for the hobby.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline nevermore

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 06:15:07 PM »
Just packed them up for you MR. R. Miles, but can't post them till Tuesday, bank holiday Monday here so no post till then and thanks for the order of the flags as well, they look really good and a donation will be put forward to the combat stress so thanks again.  8)