Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:25:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Second Edition Playtest.  (Read 23239 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Second Edition Playtest.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 02:42:04 PM »
 What exactly does Government Agent taste like?

Chicken....everything does!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 11:28:32 PM »
Before we descend too far into the madness of the game a quick run-down of the lists. You already know about the Threshold team...all 31 pts. of them...but what did my opponent choose? Supply Drop allows for any number of Lurkers to be used, Elton (my opponent...) decided to only use one. A Great Wurm - 30 pts. and gave it Dodge for the additional point. After the first promotion the Lurkers gain a free Plot Point for each game. Elton decided on Outrageous Fortune, forcing me to re-roll two dice this game...of his choice.  :-[

"Enough!" I hear you exclaim. And O.K.
On with the game!

The Threshold team approached the crates with caution. There were more than first anticipated and they would take considerable effort to move effectively. Agent Winchester barked orders at the men as they approached their target. Lovie looked over his ancient manuscripts for a suitable spell and Agent Cas meditated to bring out his Pyrokinetic abilities. Agent Ablett, new to the team and eager to prove himself rushed forward heedless of the squelching horror that was fast approaching. The beast let out a mighty roar and burrowed forward with lightning speed. Momentarily startled, the Frenchman pauses, stunned by the eldritch creature.

In game terms: The agents move up for a couple turns, Cas tries and fails and then tries and finally succeeds in unlocking his Psychic Potential. Agent Ablett gets close enough to the Wurm to fail his Terror test and go Face Up, then return to normal...without being able to shoot.  :( Winchester moves up and stays in a central location to be within Nomination range of all his men.

It could smell them, and they smelled divine. A succulent aroma which aroused the pallet of a monstrous thing accustomed to cuisine slightly less fresh. Too long had it supped on the moldering carcasses in the old cemetery. True, it had grown to a great size and enormous strength fating itself on those foul remains but everyone deserves a good meal now and then! Excited by the scent of these delicious man-morsels the beast advanced and with a mighty belch disgorged the hard bits of Mr. Paul Chesterfield; last nights dinner. The bile was thick and caustic and it burned on the mouth-parts. Yes, a change in diet would do a world of good...

Elton moves the Wurm forward...straight up the gut as they say. For a bit of fun he launches some Expectorate And critically misses. Models hit by the goo suffer a +1 Dexterity...so, good news for those Agents.  ;)

More to come in a bit...all this talk of eating has made me rather hungry... :P

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 12:53:20 AM »
Those new agent models are looking awesome in action.  Also pleased to see one of my beasties wreaking appropriate levels of havoc!

For now though, back to redesigning the website...

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 02:10:50 AM »
The havoc has yet to begin!!!

Offline Klener Zorn

• Scientist
    • Zorns Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 01:36:35 PM »
looking mighty fine.....theres only one thing i dislike

and thats a strong petpeeve of mine !

I HATE IT when people place models on water !!!

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 02:32:19 PM »
Don't fret! He is actually burrowing under the water...now it is cool right?  ;)

Offline Gun bunny

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 04:37:08 PM »
EEEWWW! expectorant   :o  poor Mr.Chesterfield...wishes he had paid for the cremation now, i think!  lol

Offline Basement Dweller

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 07:38:48 PM »
What's wrong with a giant wurm in the water?  You wouldn't take the bridge...You're a giant wurm burrowing through the ground, you do want you want and go where you want...stopping only to eat tasty agents when you come across them...
leadadventureforum.com/gallery/16/1338_04_02_14_4_41_04_1.jpg

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 12:53:47 AM »
As the creature swayed drunkenly from side to side disgorging the contents of its stomach the Agents wasted no time securing the cargo and moving it out of harms way. Ablett let fly with his Tommy gun, spraying the beast at close range, but just as he shot the wurm darted sideways, avoiding the hail of hot lead that could have been its demise.

Lovie creeps ever closer...to get within range with one of his nastier spells. Ablett shoots and gets a critical hit...oh, wait. Outrageous Fortune strikes and he fails to wound.  :-[ Then moves the boxes to Winchester who drags them back a little further. They are -3 Movement penalty, so it is a bit of a slow go!

The smell of the Frenchman is overpowering, a life spent eating fine food has lent him a particularly pleasing aroma. The Wurm can stand it no longer and rushes forward. Realizing he is about to be swallowed by a giant corpse-eating thing Agent Ablett lunges head long into his would-be-assailant shouting (as we were all taught in French class those many years ago...) "Zut Allores!"

Wurm charges Ablett but is held off...helped by the fact that the Agent Frenzies, rather than curl into a tiny ball...which is what usually happens.

Stay tuned for the shocking conclusion...is it as bad as I remember? I think it may be!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 05:04:00 AM »
Mike,

You may want to add a bottle of Tequila to their equipment. That would have made the worm flee in terror!

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »
 lol

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 03:43:07 PM »

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 04:01:59 PM »
How very prophetic...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2014, 12:32:06 PM »
Brilliant!
 8)

Love that Wurm.
 :-*

Wants one.
 ;D

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »
Sadly not our worm...we have one sculpted, just not molded or painted. This particular creature is from the deranged mind of Mr. Murch. It is still available from RAFM...if memory serves.