Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:13:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Why did Yoda die?  (Read 1676 times)

Offline The-closet-gamer

• Librarian
Why did Yoda die?
« on: August 23, 2014, 11:35:16 PM »
Just got back form the pub after a few pints. Got home and put the telly on and flicked through the hundreds of channels and....found Return of the Jedi. Now I'm a massive Star Wars fan and have all the versions on tape, blue ray, DVD and laser disk ( who remembers that) so I have rule of 'if I own it I cart watch it on the telly'. What the point of owning it if watch then on TV?

So what's this got to do with Yoda? Well the scene where Space farm boy meets the gremlin and discuss space farm boys  family tree I don't get why the gremlin just dies? Picture the scene. Gremlin shuffles about his tree house asking why space farm boy doesn't visit him any more. Makes a point that Mrs Jones at number 34 at the other side of the swamp gets visits every couple of days from her grandson. Space farm boy makes a point that he's been really busy at the moment. Gremlin moans about its rheumatism and how the nights are drawing in and that Space farm boy doesn't visit him any more. Space farm boy rolls his eyes. Gremlin climbs into bed and tell space farm boy about his messed up family tree. 'I remember back in my day he says when your dad worked for me before he changed his name to Jeff Vader and made that camp gold cyberman. What was he called. See Me Pee Over You. Bla bla bla dad killed your mum bla bla bla princess bagels for earmuffs your sister, you know the one you stuck your tongue down her throat like a facehugger'. 'What's  a facehugger' asks Space farm boy. 'Its an alien from a galaxy far far away' says gremlin and makes a point for space farm boy to shut his trash compactor and open his audio recorders. Bla bla bla Marco Solo and princess bagels get it on and have kids. Bla bla bla the Care Bears help you destroy a massively technological advanced army with bows and arrows and then gremlin just dies.

Okay that may not have been how it happened but the point stands. Why did Yoda get in bed, have a chat and then die??? This is one of the few things I don't get about the Star Wars story line. Any thoughts about this from you guys.

And yes I've consumed several units of alcohol.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubblegum. No wait I've just found another pack in my back pocket. Mmm tropical fruit bubblicious.

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Re: Why did Yoda die?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 11:55:25 PM »
I like the cut of your jib.
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 11:57:13 PM »
And yes I've consumed several units of alcohol.

I noticed.
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 01:18:39 AM »
Best I can come up with is:

YODA (tickled, chuckles) I do, yes, I do! Sick have I become. Old and weak. (Points a crooked finger) When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not. Hmm?

Yoda chuckles at this, coughs, and hobbles over toward his bed.

YODA Soon will I rest. Yes, forever sleep. Earned it, I have.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 06:07:53 AM »
Yoda got to be 900 years of age. This thread won't. Locked.