Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:34:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 636
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 8
Guests: 619
Total: 627

Recent

Author Topic: Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy ON SALE NOW!  (Read 4574 times)

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
Well, its finally here! After three long years of working on this project, we are proud to announce that the PDF of Epic Heroes goes live on Wargame Vault this Sunday, August 31st!

This is the first supplement to the Origin Award Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming Through the Ages core rule book.  Here's our marketing flyer for more info:

If the print is too small you can read it on our blog at www.brinkofbattle.blogspot.com

Any questions or comments can be asked here, on our Facebook group, or to sitrep@brinkofbattle.com

Noch Weiter Elf!

Bob Faust
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:56:22 AM by Faust23 »
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Grün

• Assistant
Great News!

Offline Rusty72

• Assistant
Here at last! Great news! Will it be available from Lulu?

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Any chance of hardcopy format?

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de Espańa,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
Hi guys, here's the production skinny. 

I've been really impressed with the great customer service, marketing & technical support I've gotten from One Book Shelf and its Wargame Vault/DriveThruRPG storefronts.  As such, they have far more reasonable costs for print on demand services as well.

So, we are awaiting our proof copies of the printed version of EH which we hopefully will have by the end of next week.  We wanted to get this out in digital format as soon as possible, since the highest majority of our customer base uses our pdf over print copy. 

But, since I'm an old guy who caters to other old guys in this hobby who like to hold an actual book in their hands like I do, we'll always have print copies available.  Lulu will still have the BoB main rule book in print, but not Epic Heroes.  Eventually, once we get the Wargame Vault print requirements updated on the main book, we'll offer that from there as well.

I'd like all of our publications in both formats to be exclusive to One Book Shelf as soon as possible.  We will keep both WGV & Lulu open until we're ready to migrate.

I'm confident that the proof copy will meet our ridiculously high standards and then we'll go live on the EH print version from WGV next weekend.

Noch Weiter, Elf!   :D

Bob Faust

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
I just put the pdf up for sale if you can't wait until tomorrow.  lol

Here's the link http://www.wargamevault.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=4496&term=strate

Enjoy!

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
Re: Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy ON SALE NOW!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 07:32:25 AM »
Cool stuff! Congrats on the release Bob! =)
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Stavros Banjo

• Scientist
  • I despise normality

But, since I'm an old guy who caters to other old guys in this hobby who like to hold an actual book in their hands like I do, we'll always have print copies available.

Brilliant news, Bob. Great to hear that there will be printed copies available for us old duffers that only use 'real' books  :D
Congratulations on the release of this long-awaited set of rules. Your hard work is very much appreciated by us all.
...and what fresh new hell is this?

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 08:43:53 AM »
Thanks Phreed & Stavros!  This has been a real labor of love these past few years. As I mentioned some time ago in Alex's interview on his Anatoli's Game Room blog, I want to fundamentally change the way people play skirmish games. 

This is one such milestone on the path to that goal. We've given you all a book that lets you replace every small unit (20 models or less) skirmish game on the market, and then some.  The number of possible combinations you can play with this supplement and the main BoB rules are staggering. 

This has been the biggest collaborative team effort to date for us. Drew has been my creative partner on the text, Alan & Gilbert have knocked the artwork outta the park, and our Red Leopard Studios painters and Grand Viziers Writing team have all busted their asses to make this the most comprehensive, one stop shop for all your fantasy gaming, whether traditional medieval/renaissance, or the ever popular Weird West or Weird War 2. Gothic Horror games as well as Pulp adventure are all possible without having to learn a new system or spend money on multiple sets of rules.

I look forward to hearing your feedback when you sink your teeth into this baby!  lol

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 09:56:53 PM »
I bought the double pack last night (BoB+EH) based on the description, positive reviews and those great interviews at Anatoli's. It was the most I've ever paid for a rule set, and I couldn't be further from disappointment. Well worth the dosh, I say, I'm already scouring my Bones to assemble some themed warbands.

I can see this becoming my go to ruleset for skirmish gaming (and I own a lot already!). Thanks for all your hard work, guys, and congratulations on the release.

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 11:10:07 PM »
I was pretty interested in getting this as an alternative to SOBH for skirmish, but the price is pretty daunting.  I know the idea is that you are selling several games in one, but as someone who is really only looking for a skirmish system for a single type of game at this time, $55 usd is a big ask for a pdf.  I would pay that without hesitation for something physical, but adding printing costs and hassle on top of the price for the digital version is just currently a bridge too far.

That being said, I remain interested in your system, and maybe one day I'll manage to talk myself into it.  Congrats on getting it published, I'm sure many many hours of work went into the product.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 07:12:59 AM »
I bought the double pack last night (BoB+EH) based on the description, positive reviews and those great interviews at Anatoli's. It was the most I've ever paid for a rule set, and I couldn't be further from disappointment. Well worth the dosh, I say, I'm already scouring my Bones to assemble some themed warbands.

I can see this becoming my go to ruleset for skirmish gaming (and I own a lot already!). Thanks for all your hard work, guys, and congratulations on the release.

Thanks for your business Lawful Evil! I'm glad you see the value in our humble offering.  :D

Keep us appraised of your battles and force builds.

Noch Weiter!

Bob

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 07:46:02 AM »
Not wanting to take any of the shine off your very recent release, but is there a SciFI supplement still in the works?
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 05:30:37 AM »
Not wanting to take any of the shine off your very recent release, but is there a SciFI supplement still in the works?

There is. But even better, if you go to the Downloads section of our website at www.brinkofbattle.com you can download the 'playtest' sci-fi weapons and armor doc.  Add this to the traits in Epic Heroes and you can play your favorite Sci-Fi skirmish games today!  The list for sci-fi gear is 90% complete and very likely to be balanced the way we want.  Try 'em out.  :)