Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:32:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686556
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: T&T for earlier periods  (Read 7353 times)

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Re: T&T for earlier periods
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »
I know :) Thanks. I will give you a positive reply later. I was busy.
Cheers
Björn
, ,

Offline Blount

• Student
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 02:40:27 AM »
I just picked up the main T&T rules and am wondering what other supplements are in the works. Of course, I'm aware of the Spanish Civil War supplement. And I gather that there is a Sudan supplement in the works. Any thing else likely to come down the pike?

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 08:00:14 AM »
Hi Blount,

this year we will focus on a Colonial supplement and the Russian Civil War.

I have played some early ww 2 games with T + T recently and Iam sure I will put them on the website for a free download.

What topics are you interested in ?

Best regards
Björn

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 08:12:56 AM »
Bjorn -

Any chance you'd be interested in doing an Abyssinian supplement? That would be a lot of fun!

-Doc

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 08:23:45 AM »
I know not much about this conflct, but Chris does and is interested. We talked about it recently.
I will see him on the weekend and discuss it with him.
Cheers
Björn

Offline Blount

• Student
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 02:43:14 AM »
I'm interested in RCW and colonial wars, so I'm glad to hear about those supplements. I'm also interested in the Mexican Revolution, the Irish War of Independence, and political unrest in Germany during the twenties and thirties.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 07:10:40 AM »
Björn and I have had some talk about early WW II rules (though my role is admittedly more one of nodding and saying "Yes, great idea" etc). And I realized that only minimal changes are required to make this system fit almost any period of time. I'm personally looking forward to some WW II action but since I live about 5 miles away from Björn I have the chance to play some test games anytime I feel like it - very comfortable.

I think there are some really cool things coming our way but of course they need time. Not that I want to build up any pressure on you, Björn - but you really have done something nice with T&T and it's really fun watching your game grow.

As to the civil unrest in Germany: I suggest the rules of the Spanish civil war (minus the tanks and airplanes) as you basically have similar actors: nationalist Freikorps and communist rebels against each other or against the regualr army (even though the army once said they would not shoot at the Freikorps as they were considered to be the army in spirit at least).
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 06:34:54 AM »
Looking really forward to the Colonial supplement since that is a period I'm already gaming. (Hard enough to struggle with the temptation of BoB/SCW stuff!)

On top of my wishlist would be a supplement for the Napoleonic era. Okay, there are "a few" rule sets for this period already - but why not adapting a running (and innovative!) system? I'm planning to try it myself at first this year. Perhaps a small report can change the editor's mind?  ::)

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 07:12:13 AM »
 :)
All I know about the Napoleon era is that they had single shot muskets !

Ok seriously....Chris and me are really not very much involved in Napoleonic Wargaming. I like to watch it on shows because its so colorful and I really would like to play it one day but Iam not sure if Iam the right men for Napolenics rules. But with some modification on range combat, some new skills for heroes Iam sure you can write some napoeonic house rules with T+T

Björn