Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:08:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: How much is too much?  (Read 6544 times)

Offline Archie

• Mad Scientist
    • The Grinning Frog
Re: How much is too much?
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 10:11:11 PM »
I have to say I found this thread very interesting as t reveals a little of how we think in this hobby.

For myself projects are:

Build a  Greece Amazonian Army for God of Battles ... I have all the figures except for a specific Wonder Woman Heroclix figure (to lead them) and a single Amazonian Hoplite ... yes one short! That gives me a 60point army. 90% painted.

Secret project for my son ... everything purchased and five weeks left to paint and build prior to his 16th birthday

Christmas figures to paint for both my sons

Christmas figures for 2015 to paint for my youngest son (yes I plan ahead)

The gift figures get painted when I stay away on business trips.

Some 2000AD figures to paint
Some Dungeons and Dragons figures to paint
Base camp and baggage train to build for God of Battles

Napoleonic figures to restore (separate thread on LAF about that)
Romans to paint (96)

I try to do projects that can be used together. I tend to think in terms if timeline ... anything in the future fits into Mega City, fantasy can cross into historical or go into Dungeons and Dragons.

I only do 28mm apart from historicals so everything fits together.

Online Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2014, 10:24:43 AM »
I have just the two hobby projects constantly running never completed.

It makes it easier to deal with just having those two.

1 - paint existing stuff.
2 - buy new stuff to paint when possible reason/excuse is thought of to justify said purchase...

Could then sub-divide that an awful lot :D

But better not to its just a hobby to relax with.

My better half knows my limited skills and time can be re-applied to larger scale practical projects of more use and she does so accordingly.  lol

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2014, 11:15:18 AM »
I would say I have 'Two' projects, but that would be a filthy lie considering the scope of them.

Its split between a currently very active 15mm sci fi project, that really comprises of 3 projects and a withheld 20mm Moderns project (as it needs some serious reorganising and rethinking of how I'll approach it). However I also have a small 15mm Fantasy project ongoing and I plan to do a small Early WW1 project (got a British rifle platoon set up, but haven't done anything else).

When Forged in Battle release their 15mm Ancients, its likely i'll buckle and start another project.

However for the time being I'm almost completely concentrating on the 15mm sci fi. Once I have finished I may move on to completing my reorganized 20mm Modern USMC and Iranians. Or I may start another 15mm sci fi force.

Of course real life is about to get very busy starting a Masters at Uni, so I may be stuck on the 15mm sci fi project for ages  lol.

When it comes down to how many projects you have, I suppose its all relative to what you want to achieve (size of the project etc), time and money.

Offline Maspalio

• Scientist
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2014, 02:49:17 PM »
really interesting ! really !

in my case...at the moment...the number of projects is not a problem...the real question is "Will I be strong enough tonight to paint my minis waiting on my desk...and resist to play Planetside 2 ? " lol lol lol

return to the topic...I always try to not have more projects than i have fingers on my right hand...bizaaaaaaarre !!  :o
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:55:26 PM by Maspalio »