Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:31:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686605
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Storming the Cliffs of Dispare  (Read 4432 times)

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
Storming the Cliffs of Dispare
« on: August 30, 2014, 01:39:32 AM »
The teams mission is to knock out 3 sensor platforms on the cliff sides to allow a zeppelin force to bombard the Air Pirate Base on the very top of the cliffs as a precursor to taking on the Barons Super Weapon! Then they were to take and search the Sensor Control Blockhouse on top of the cliff to earn extra advantage in the next scenario.

(( The party had to list, in general, what they were taking with them to scale the cliff side. Their instructions included Radio contact for when the sensors were down. 3 sub teams of two players were to select a route up the cliff side, take out their sensor target in a coordinated blast and then repel down the cliff side to make their escape.  They were given a climbing skill that was the average of their might and cunning skill dice size and totals. Each turn of climbing was considered to be a extreme peril unless they were on a ledge of some sort. ))

Arriving in the vicinity of the Sensor array the 3 sub teams split up and made their way slowly up the cliff face.

On the left is Amanda and Sarge, to the right is Professor Ice and Iron Kidney Joe, further on down the cliff face is Moren and Atchison.

((I made push pin platforms to hold the figures as they "climbed" by pushing them into the paper machete))  Here Ice and Kidney climb on up while Sarge and Amanda close in on the lowest platform, only to fail a peril check and starts an alert!.... Ack! The sensor platform is a decoy setup!

Ice and Iron make the top of the cliff and right into a hail of fire from Air Pirate Security members!

Here Atchison and Mo top the cliff into ever more Air Pirates responding to the alarm!  A gun battle ensues until Mo decides she will run through the buzzing swarm of hot lead and try to plant her demo charge on the sensor!  Atchison dodges and weaves while laying down the best covering fire he can....but to no avail and goes down but not over the cliff... KOA!

Ice also races to his sensor platform and begins planting his demo charges. With no chance to use a delayed timer, the opt to set their repelling gear, set off the blasts while flinging themselves off the cliffs!  Ice executes his maneuver and 3 peril checks flawlessly! Mo... well she gets away from the blast but slams against the side of the cliff and is knocked senseless, and falls to a KOA status....

((3 platforms were the minor plot points, a block house on top of the cliff was the Major plot point. They failed to take out the blockhouse so will not get the extra advantage it would have given them in the next scenario.....................A Train to Trieste!))
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline Warren Abox

• Scientist
    • War In A Box - New Location!
Re: Storming the Cliffs of Dispare
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 02:31:58 AM »
I'd wondered how you were going to use an almost vertical slab of cliffs in an actual game.  Those push pin slabs are a brilliant idea.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 02:59:47 AM »
((I made push pin platforms to hold the figures as they "climbed" by pushing them into the paper machete))

That counts as extremely perilous territory, right?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 03:27:33 AM »
Kickass job, Alfrik. You do some of the coolest Pulp Alley games.

I'd say you needed 3 Successes with Might, Finesse or Cunning to put that all together. You passed! Collect your Reward!  ;)

HAVE FUN

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 12:30:45 AM »
The climbing pegs is a smart idea!   :D

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »
<snip>

Another brilliant work of art and adventure, Alfrik!

Gracias,

Glenn

December 31st, 2016 is my "chosen ejection" date...  Working for the Intel Community is getting to really a case of self abuse, even more than the DoD

Received my 35 years of Service pin, BTW.
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Mrs.Alfrik

• Student
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 03:16:07 PM »
*huff*  He didn't even mention the most important thing. I, Amanda, brought ..a goat. Yes a nice Alpine goat to go UP the apparent easy path to trip any devious traps. *sniff*

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 08:15:33 PM »
*huff*  He didn't even mention the most important thing. I, Amanda, brought ..a goat. Yes a nice Alpine goat to go UP the apparent easy path to trip any devious traps. *sniff*

Hi Amanda! I'm glad to see another member of the Pulp Alley Ladies League.  :D

How did the goat trick work out?

Offline Mrs.Alfrik

• Student
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 03:31:37 PM »
Bah! The goat was nimble but not so quick..as later one of my compatriots -Sarge- informed me he was delicious with curry. *sniff* I should have not saved his curry laden bacon when the explosion of the trap (really I didn't mean to set that off!) sent him over the side of the cliff.

(( The goat failed to set off a pressure plate trigger on the trailhead but Amanda stepped on it with sufficient weight. While I went blank about what to do over the ominous CLICK, Sarge got to the decoy and was setting up a satchel charge but got away almost in time, He went over the cliff and Amanda dug in with the grappling hook (we were still roped together). Much hilarity ensued. As it was a moonless night, Amanda held off going "POOF" with her camera, though the guys were on pins and needles least I take it into my mind to 'take photographic records for "Daddy" '

I still need to come up with a figure with camera for the game....*sigh* It's hard to make such tiny things! ))

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 01:00:34 AM »
Bah! The goat was nimble but not so quick..as later one of my compatriots -Sarge- informed me he was delicious with curry. *sniff* I should have not saved his curry laden bacon when the explosion of the trap (really I didn't mean to set that off!) sent him over the side of the cliff.

(( The goat failed to set off a pressure plate trigger on the trailhead but Amanda stepped on it with sufficient weight. While I went blank about what to do over the ominous CLICK, Sarge got to the decoy and was setting up a satchel charge but got away almost in time, He went over the cliff and Amanda dug in with the grappling hook (we were still roped together). Much hilarity ensued. As it was a moonless night, Amanda held off going "POOF" with her camera, though the guys were on pins and needles least I take it into my mind to 'take photographic records for "Daddy" '

I still need to come up with a figure with camera for the game....*sigh* It's hard to make such tiny things! ))

Eureka's WW2 female photographer - "Ginger Snaps" might work.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 10:04:14 PM »
Hustling to get ready for the next episode, Train To Triesta  sooo making a train out of:

First passenger car/box car walled in:

Printing out windows for inside/outside on the passenger cars.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 10:24:03 AM »
<snip>

http://eurekaminusa.com/products/100plp14

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 01:10:53 PM »
Pulp Figures also has nice camera lady -- http://pulpfigures.com/products/view/74

HAVE FUN

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 12:31:25 AM »
The wild west train engine has gotten its make over to a more European period train:

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 07:00:50 AM »

Brilliant thinking! What a great scenario for a game, a cliff assault. Marvellous.