Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:25:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691122
  • Total Topics: 118375
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My very own BPRD... UPDATE 27/07/09 - Liz!  (Read 25227 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: My very own BPRD...
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2008, 11:55:52 PM »
Cheers big lad!  :)

We definitely need a Liz figure ASAP. Modelled on Selma Blair, of course  :-*

Actually, she's going to be based on this little beauty from Hasslefree (released 22nd Sept):

http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/wip.php?wip=215&arr=19#foo

I think I should be able to get away with just adding a utility belt and some flames in one hand.

If I get really carried away I'll add a pistol in her other hand and reposition her feet, but I'll wait till I've got her in my sweaty little hands before I make a decision about that.

Not into that mini at all matey face is looking pug ugly, (sorry Kev say what I see), dionne b would be great for liz though, lose the guns add two fireballs??...or use sadie or kat?

Vyper
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2008, 01:58:40 PM »
I did think about that, but I've already painted one Dionne, and I didn't think her boots and overalls would really work for Liz. The big coat hides a lot of it, but it still doesn't work for me.

The Witch Hazel one has the more modern clothes, which I think suit Liz better. To be honest, I'm not 100% sold on this one either, but it was the only one I could make work in my head. It may yet turn out to be impractical when I get started on it, given the posing of the figure.  :(

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 06:36:05 PM »
I did think about that, but I've already painted one Dionne, and I didn't think her boots and overalls would really work for Liz. The big coat hides a lot of it, but it still doesn't work for me.

The Witch Hazel one has the more modern clothes, which I think suit Liz better. To be honest, I'm not 100% sold on this one either, but it was the only one I could make work in my head. It may yet turn out to be impractical when I get started on it, given the posing of the figure.  :(

Well one of my Dionne's has recently lost her head and joined the ranks of the SS/Junkers heiracy and my Kat became Bea to do some bill killing, but both would make a better liz...for the love of mike Kev's really lucking out on that sculpt sorry.

How about the new female adventurer kitty, sculpt a proper rucksac over the bear (if you want) and then you could convert the left hand remove the gun and add a little fireball....

Use kat's head to Liz her up if you're not a fan of the hairdo?

Well that's what I'll do! ;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 11:43:08 PM by Commander Vyper »

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2008, 09:26:16 PM »
I dunno man, Hazel still seems right to me, but now you're making me have doubts. I'll have to give it a bit more thought and see if I can see another way to do it.

Or I might just buy the shitty clix one off of ebay and stop agonising about it...  ;)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2008, 10:44:24 PM »
I dunno man, Hazel still seems right to me, but now you're making me have doubts. I'll have to give it a bit more thought and see if I can see another way to do it.

Or I might just buy the shitty clix one off of ebay and stop agonising about it...  ;)

Given you quite a good head start as it is young man!!  :P

;)

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 11:20:06 PM »

Hey! I like those. >:( lol
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
Okay, having thought about this, and looked at Hazel a bit more closely, what about Sadie instead?

Carve off the crossbow, swap the stake for a pistol, remodel the other hand to hold (or even be) a fireball, add a holster and some pouches and paint accordingly.

Hell, she even seems to be wearing a crucifix, so I won't have to embarrass myself trying to sculpt one.

Any thoughts?   ???

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2008, 02:27:56 PM »
I converted one for a bday present once. She's very tiny (teen), but carving off the crossbow wasn't too difficult. Might work for Liz Sherman.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2008, 05:05:32 PM »
Okay, having thought about this, and looked at Hazel a bit more closely, what about Sadie instead?

Carve off the crossbow, swap the stake for a pistol, remodel the other hand to hold (or even be) a fireball, add a holster and some pouches and paint accordingly.

Hell, she even seems to be wearing a crucifix, so I won't have to embarrass myself trying to sculpt one.

Any thoughts?   ???

Could do see where you going... I'd use sadie's head on kat's or kitt's body myself

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2008, 05:48:15 PM »
Well I think I may give it a try with this one.

I do like the others you suggested, but they have too much of the cheesecake pose for me, I think. Nothing wrong with that, of course, I just can't see the Liz from the comics in skin tight rubber and motorcycle boots. (Selma Blair, on the other hand... :-*) And since I'm going for a compromise between the two versions I can get my head round this one a bit more easily.

Dammit. Now I have to make another Hasslefree order. The things I have to do...  ::)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 09:07:35 PM »
Well I think I may give it a try with this one.

I do like the others you suggested, but they have too much of the cheesecake pose for me, I think. Nothing wrong with that, of course, I just can't see the Liz from the comics in skin tight rubber and motorcycle boots. (Selma Blair, on the other hand... :-*) And since I'm going for a compromise between the two versions I can get my head round this one a bit more easily.

Dammit. Now I have to make another Hasslefree order. The things I have to do...  ::)

I suppose I was thinking more second movie liz meself but you go girlfriend!!!  :)

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 09:52:02 PM »
Super-Fantastic! What will they be fighting? Will you be dooing up some frogs? The Black flame? Ultra-freaky jaguar god? After seeing your sculpts anything is possible!

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2008, 09:05:09 AM »
...you go girlfriend!!!  :)

You're weird.  lol

@ Uncle Mike, they probably won't actually fight anything, unfortunately, but the Eureka demons make great frogs, so I may splash out on a few to shuffle around the shelf making pew-pew noises at. And of course, there is always Projeckt Ragnarok to confound at every turn.  ;)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2008, 12:21:56 PM »
...you go girlfriend!!!  :)

You're weird.  lol

The Eureka demons make great frogs, so I may splash out on a few to shuffle around the shelf making pew-pew noises at.

I'm weird??? You're moving lead frog demons around the shelves making PEW PEW noises!!! :)

Anyway back to my panzers...

VRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

At Ease!

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2008, 02:25:25 PM »

[img width=500 height=308]http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/catalog/a019.jpg[/img

Any thoughts?   ???

Yes, that she's got quite a tush on her, that gal.