Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:45:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689629
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Fighting 15s  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Sardoo

• Mad Scientist
(COMMERCIAL) Fighting 15s
« on: August 14, 2014, 08:14:23 PM »
I've been looking at the Eureka section of the 'Fighting 15s' website and have seen lots of good stuff I'd like to buy. Only thing is it keeps saying that variants may be offered when you order stuff. Anyone had any experience of ordering from the company? Do you get exactly what you ordered? 'Cos if you do it's time to spend some money!  :)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: Fighting 15s
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 10:42:41 PM »
I've been looking at the Eureka section of the 'Fighting 15s' website and have seen lots of good stuff I'd like to buy. Only thing is it keeps saying that variants may be offered when you order stuff. Anyone had any experience of ordering from the company? Do you get exactly what you ordered? 'Cos if you do it's time to spend some money!  :)

You order an item you get that item (or a variant model of that item as reflected in the "random" part of "... 7 variants. Price per figure. Variants supplied randomly..."  means you get one of the seven variants.)  If you order 7 do you get one of each?  Possible but random does mean random from my limited experience from Eureka Miniatures and Eureka Miniatures USA.

Great figures but never tried to get them to provide selected variants - you could always ask them...

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Sardoo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 10:47:23 PM »
Cheers! All sounding a bit "random" at the moment. Not liking the "random".  :(

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 11:11:04 PM »
It doesn't hurt to send an email to request a certain firgure(s). I can't speak from experience for Fighting 15's, as I have got my miniatures face to face from Eureka Miniatures, so I have had that luxury.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 11:45:46 PM »
It doesn't hurt to send an email to request a certain firgure(s). I can't speak from experience for Fighting 15's, as I have got my miniatures face to face from Eureka Miniatures, so I have had that luxury.

Well, a couple of years ago I ordered the complete set of Eureka's Toxic Zombies emerging from barrels. I asked for 1 model of each variant, and did get just that  :D
In my experience the guy is a very decent chap, so just contact him. Pretty sure he'll help you out.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 11:20:57 AM »
Well, a couple of years ago I ordered the complete set of Eureka's Toxic Zombies emerging from barrels. I asked for 1 model of each variant, and did get just that  :D
In my experience the guy is a very decent chap, so just contact him. Pretty sure he'll help you out.

He is a very nice gentleman and like I said, ask.  Don't avoid great figures just because you did not ask.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 11:47:39 AM »
In general if there are four variants and you order four figures, you'll get one of each variant. At least in 28mm.

However, because the variant mix I get from Eureka can vary - and I should state that Eureka is usually very good at supplying all the variants for a code in a balanced mix, but can sometimes provide an unusual balance of variants - I sometimes simply not have all the variants in stock. The variant mix can also vary depending on what other customers have ordered. That makes providing all the variants somewhat difficult. :-) You'll then get the best mix possible with least duplication.

I do have a policy of not being able to guarantee specific variants. I may simply not have a particular variant in stock, plus there's an obvious economic reason.

For 15mm and 18mm figures, I pick at random. On balance if you order enough you'll get a fair spread of variants. Some variants are very difficult to spot in this size, especially now that I'm past 50, and because I run a busy one-man operation there simply isn't the time to justify sorting smaller figures.

You can ask and the worst I'll do is say no. But I might even make your day. :-)

Ian
Fighting 15s
Gladiator Miniatures, Fighting 15s Flags, Martian Empires and Flashing Blade Miniatures
https://www.fighting15s.com

Offline Sardoo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 10:52:42 PM »
Can't say fairer than that! I'll get in touch about an order in a couple of days. Many thanks for clarifying things.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 11:08:58 PM »
I've ordered in the past and always had good service.

On a slight thead-jacking, is there a picture of the Baron Munchausen figure watering his horse?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 07:08:06 AM »
I've ordered in the past and always had good service.

On a slight thead-jacking, is there a picture of the Baron Munchausen figure watering his horse?

The Baron has not been officially released and so there is as yet no picture from Eureka. However, I'll see what I can do.

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 08:13:43 AM »
Brilliant service from them always and excellent  miniatures

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Fighting 15s
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 11:31:11 AM »
Always stunningly good service in my experience from Fighting 15s, can`t recommend them enough :D

Offline Caputo

• Student
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 07:31:22 PM »
I've experienced very good service and the occasional personal delivery (saves on postage).
Mind you it helps if you live on the Island!

Offline Sardoo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 03:11:39 PM »
Following the encouraging noises on this thread I got in touch with Ian at Fighting 15s. He was really helpful and the outcome was I made an order for some of the Eureka goodies I've had my eyes on for a while.

The miniatures arrived very quickly and were exactly what I'd ordered. Very nice castings indeed!

Very impressed with Fighting 15s and will certainly do business with them again.

Thanks to LAFers for your advice.