Forum > Adventures in the Far East

Lions Rampant for samurai

(1/1)

olyreed:
The new rules from Osprey for medieval skirmish the lions rampant is out soon, as I was interested I did a bit of searching on the net, I found that the author has put up on board game geek profiles to use with samurai, I have the rules on pre order so will let you know if it will translate well or not

OSHIROmodels:
Sounds interesting mate  8)

cheers

James

olyreed:
Having now read the rules I have to say they are quite promising. All that you need to fight large skirmish battles, some nice senarios that are different than the usual ones you get. Activation is interesting, you need to role over a certain number to get your unit to activate. say you need 7+ to move or 5+ to shoot with two d6. If you fail to activate the initiative goes over to the opposing player so better be good with the dice! range is 18" with 12" being effective. All in all a good set of rules for medieval or samurai methinks. The only thing is that I might incoporate the fighting system from Ronin for the leaders fight as it feels like it needs a bit more tactical fighting when doing a one on one leader duel. Anyway, nicely done set of rules indeed and cheap as well.

Sturmpioneer:
This is the second time I've heard of this ruleset being applied to samurai today.  Methinks I must investigate.

olyreed:
If you have a look on boardgamegeek there is a small forum about it with the author taking an active part in it, this is where I got
 the samurai list from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version