Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:58:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Heresy's Dr Payne - weapons  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Harry von Fleischmann

• Scientist
Heresy's Dr Payne - weapons
« on: September 09, 2014, 06:33:34 PM »
This is a cracking figure that, amazingly, resembles John Hurt as The War Doctor. It arrives with a sonic weapon hand and a rather baroque looking blaster pistol as options. Clearly the screwdriver type thing is the classic and default kit. But I'm just wondering how other gamers are interpreting the "war" aspect of his title are you going sonic screwdriver or full on firepower?

The war doctor is pretty much a blank sheet so its tempting to give him the tools to really go to war. My current idea is to give him the sonic in the right and a pistol (such as heresy's Terran death ray pistol) in his left hand or even and I have one, a spare green light sabre from a SWM Jedi for his left.

Im just curious as to how others have kitted him out.....

Cheers!

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
Re: Heresy's Dr Payne - weapons
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 09:12:22 PM »
I'd suggest that the War Doctor would be more willing to carry a gun than other incarnations, but might not routinely carry one.

Evidence: as late as the events of "Dalek", the EccleDoc is more than willing to grab a gun and go to shoot a Dalek (it isn't until "The Parting of the Ways" that he fully repents his actions in the Time War ["Coward, every time"], thus allowing him to become new man, rather literally).  On the other hand, Doctor Hurt (wasn't he a Batman villain?) has to borrow a gun from a soldier in order to blast a message into a wall in "The Day of the Doctor" - he doesn't have one himself.

Also in "The Day of the Doctor", the assembled Doctors sonic a Dalek to explosive death, so he might not need a gun.  Or maybe you need three sonic screwdrivers at once to pull that off!

There is a licensed Doctor Who book, "Engines of War", featuring the War Doctor.  Does anyone know if or how he is armed in that?
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline whiskey priest

• Scientist
    • the Leadpile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 09:54:05 PM »
I went for the gun, but I was tempted by the screwdiver. The gun just fits with kind of games i'm playing

Offline Harry von Fleischmann

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 10:41:52 PM »
Thanks gents, I could have sworn I'd seen the Ecclescake carrying a gun of some form and looking as if he was angry eneough to use it - though I was wondering if I was confusing him with Capt Jack. I'm edging towards the sonic screwdriver but with a pistol in the offhand after all he may just be bluffing.

Must say though that pistol armed version does look good.

Cheers!

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 01:03:18 AM »
Don't forget the 4th Doctor in Seeds of Doom, he spends an entire episode waving a gun around and threatening people.