Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:59:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691085
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Empress New Releases THREAD CONSTANTLY UPDATED.  (Read 44199 times)

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
Re: Empress New Releases THREAD CONSTANTLY UPDATED.
« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2015, 07:22:14 PM »
WHY????

What are these guys? Paratroops?!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2015, 09:36:41 PM »
I've no idea - was hoping someone would chime in.  I have to believe most of the silliness is for parades only, or they're territorial guard units or something odd.  I'd imagine if a war brewed up they'd end up in proper kit.

The Chinese may still be struggling tech-wise to match the rest of the world militarily, but they sure can march.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2015, 11:24:45 PM »
lol lol lol lol lol

They may look cute but I suspect they are very deadly  lol lol lol lol

well... it appears that they hired ethnic Chinese movie extras all around the world to flesh out some units... anyway the read coated girls are supposed to be armed militia (or maybe now they are called People Armed Police), they are under the ministry of the interior (or internal security) not the PLA proper. Once you get to internal security organization it is a bit confusing. Even my PLA advisors tell me they have troubles in following the structure...

Talking about uniforms... all my 2 (and half... I gained another advisor...) PLA advisors told me they do not want to go to the Navy because the uniform is crappy; ok one and half are girls... but also the boy does not like the uniform... this is one of the reason why he turned down a position as PAO officer on the Liaoning.

Paul... said advisor... (your same one) will really appreciated if you send him one of the type99 when they will be ready... (plus having the crew figures would be nice...) he got his post-PhD assignment... Tank school and then battalion command... (compliments your advisor is the youngest battalion CO in the PLA... lol do not disappoint him).
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline Redmao

• Scientist
  • Canadian Agent
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2015, 01:33:10 PM »
Those pink and white uniforms make them look ready to staff a robot carrying space ship.

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2015, 07:58:59 AM »
well... it appears that they hired ethnic Chinese movie extras all around the world to flesh out some units... anyway the read coated girls are supposed to be armed militia (or maybe now they are called People Armed Police), they are under the ministry of the interior (or internal security) not the PLA proper. Once you get to internal security organization it is a bit confusing. Even my PLA advisors tell me they have troubles in following the structure...

Talking about uniforms... all my 2 (and half... I gained another advisor...) PLA advisors told me they do not want to go to the Navy because the uniform is crappy; ok one and half are girls... but also the boy does not like the uniform... this is one of the reason why he turned down a position as PAO officer on the Liaoning.

Paul... said advisor... (your same one) will really appreciated if you send him one of the type99 when they will be ready... (plus having the crew figures would be nice...) he got his post-PhD assignment... Tank school and then battalion command... (compliments your advisor is the youngest battalion CO in the PLA... lol do not disappoint him).

Remind we when its released and we will sort the details for him  ;)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2015, 09:02:40 AM »
Colourful dress uniforms aside, 'goose-stepping' is incredibly hard on the muscles to do over a distance like that... even our PT instructors who insisted on 'spotty dog' marching could learn a thing or two from theirs.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2015, 09:52:11 AM »
Whilst the retro uniforms are cutesy I am not convinced that arming the cabin crew on Air China flights is a positive step. Then again it might be their best chance of getting positive customer feedback.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline julesav

• Scientist
« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2015, 12:06:09 PM »
I've not seen that many white 'go-go' boots since the 1960s!
"Some scientists say that humans exhibit a behavior called neophilia, which is a preference for new objects. It’s why we like shiny new things."

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2015, 12:38:26 PM »
Then again it might be their best chance of getting positive customer feedback.

Feedback is always positive comrade. Only self-criticism should be negative. I suspect it's been a while since you read the little red book.  ;)

I've not seen that many white 'go-go' boots since the 1960s!

Ah... good times.  :D

Offline Njall

• Assistant
« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2015, 07:13:57 PM »
I hope it's not the wrong thread but I have a quick (and of course quite silly) question about an Empress PLA pack (PLA4)

I'm thinking the running one has a QBU-88 and the kneeling one a QBB-95, am I correct ? Thanks by advance. (I know nothing (for now) about modern warfare miniatures ... my wallet blames Black Ops )

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2015, 08:31:19 AM »
Yep thats correct.

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Empress NEW Releases THREAD CONSTANTLY UPDATED.
« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2016, 08:40:50 AM »
US Navy Seal Special Forces

Two new United States Marine packs have just been added to our Modern Combat web store. These add more Navy Seals to our special forces sets an, as you would expect, come absolutely packed with detail.

The first set represents Navy Seals engaged on Operation Redwing in 2005. These come fully loaded with survival equipment and present some great options for scenarios in your games. I wonder if they will survive?

The second set represents a Navy Seal Sniper in Iraq 2005 both moving and deployed. Conceivably you could describe him as an American Sniper? Again, superbly detailed - this is one of our most ambitious figures yet and we are very pleased with how well this has come out.

Both of these packs are available in the United States Marines section of our Modern Combat store.

http://www.empressminiatures.com/userimages/procart75.htm

https://www.facebook.com/Empress-Miniatures-581342921962834/

Cheers,
Paul

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2016, 09:40:32 PM »
Ok - I'll say it...... Utterly brilliant!
Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2016, 12:37:54 AM »
Very cool, great minis.

Offline Theoden King

• Student
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2016, 05:13:59 AM »
Excellent miniatures.  I am planning on getting the Marine line anyway, but the importance of doing so faster just arose.
"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark." Tolkien