Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:12:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The World of Thalia - A Photo Space Opera  (Read 16030 times)

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
Re: The World of Thalia - A Photo Space Opera
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 11:45:17 PM »
Nice photos!  8)

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
  • Wargamer - Roleplayer - Miniature painter
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 11:48:02 PM »
The World of Thalia - Arley

I found Arley as I was searching for my ship. The strangest thing about the big corporations is that they want to use their assets. Even if the asset is a prisoner. So they put Arley to work. So now I knew where was at least one of my crew-members. Things were improving. She was being guarded by an officer and two other Colonial Militia soldiers. It would be easy to take them, but it was too soon...

She was cooperating with them. If I didn't knew her better I would believe she was trying to get into their good graces. But I knew her. As soon as she could do it they would feel the steel that existed under her soft eyes...

She finally saw me. She showed no emotion. Only a half smile betrayed her serenity. She knew that I would come for her and now she knew that it would be soon.

I signal her that I was going, but that I would return soon. She gave a fast sign with her finger. For now everything was okay. I just had to find my ship. I went away quickly in order to maintain my resolve. Someone would pay for this dearly. Slave work...

"So kiddo?... What can you do? A mechanic?! I don't need a mechanic... I do?! Explain me why." - Commander Kinnison, Fortune's Soldier
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:11:00 PM by Bayushiseni »
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." Darth Vader

leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=71857.0
leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=71237.0
leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=71765.0

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 11:49:20 PM »

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 01:30:59 AM »
Nice to see you back on the saddle  ;)

former user

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 06:38:41 AM »
OK, so is Your narrative inspired by some literary fiction or is it all Your imagination?

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 07:29:03 AM »
Nice to see you back on the saddle  ;)

Thank you, Rodrigo. ;)

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 07:32:47 AM »
OK, so is Your narrative inspired by some literary fiction or is it all Your imagination?

I guess everything is inspired in something, but you can say that the narrative is my own, even if some triggers are taken from this or from that. Some names are taken from precious jewels of sci-fi literature, but that's only as an homage to them. For example, Carbuncle is the name of the major city in Joan D. Vinge Snow Queen. But the rest is mine and paperbuilt.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 07:28:05 PM by Bayushiseni »

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 09:00:40 AM »
The World of Thalia - The Planets of Humanity: New Columbus

New Columbus was the second planet in the Tau Ceti system. It was so closely related to Earth that the New Star Evangelists used it as proof of God's existence. Soon they would be proved wrong.
Tau Ceti is a star in the constellation Cetus that is spectrally similar to the Sun, although it has only about 78% of the Sun's mass. At a distance of just under 12 light-years from the Solar System, it is a relatively nearby star, and is the closest solitary G-class star. The star appears stable, with little stellar variation.
Tau Ceti is somewhat metal-deficient, which deficiency is usually correlated with no giant planets and few rocky planets.
There are seven planets orbiting Tau Ceti.

New Colombus was a miracle to Humanity. An Earth like planet without any sentient species. Humanity started colonization three years after finding New Columbus and seven years after discovering the Fuchida-Sousa Engine. Faster than Light Speed was available to Humanity and the galaxy was now our swimming pool. Or so it seemed at the time...

"New Colombus is something strange to me. It's like heaven with something odd on it, you know? Perfect. But lacking always something that I don't know what it is..." - John Sinyieng, Hydroponic Farmer
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:45:49 PM by Bayushiseni »

former user

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 10:29:33 AM »
marvellous

maybe You should write Yourself?

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 10:48:34 AM »
marvellous

maybe You should write Yourself?

Thanks. I try. It's not easy.

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 11:24:36 AM »
The World of Thalia - The Planets of Humanity: New China

Gliese 581, also known as HO Librae is a red dwarf with spectral type M3V, located about 22 light years away from Earth in the constellation Libra. Its mass is about a third of that of the Sun, and it is the 89th closest star to the Sun. The star has a planetary system consisting of six planets.
New China is the third planet of the system. It was colonized by the Chinese Expanse, who controlled the planet with an iron fist until the Great Embargo of 2344. New China seceded from China's control in 2345 and became the second free colony after Mars.

After becoming a free colony a great number of immigrants arrived there. Mainly from the poorest parts of Earth, mainly from Brazil and South Africa. The major problem in New China are is the increasing number of MAC’s who are fighting to have a voice there.

“There are three main languages to ask for a coffee here in New China. And one of them is binary...” - Louis Chernaux, New China Emigration Officer
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:57:21 PM by Bayushiseni »

Offline Bogdanwaz

• Scientist
    • O My Ruritania
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »
Great job, both with the story and with the miniatures, vehicles, and terrain!

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 02:14:08 PM »
Great job, both with the story and with the miniatures, vehicles, and terrain!

Thank you. You're most kind, dear sir.

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 02:25:16 PM »
The World of Thalia - Memories

Back to my quarters I took from my pocket an old holo that I had printed in the fashion of the old days. Black and white and tempered. The first photo we took as a team, in front of my ship, the day I bought her. Somehow I was feeling alone...

"Home at last..." - Arley, Fortune's Soldier and Mechanic
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:12:18 PM by Bayushiseni »

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 06:37:30 PM »
The World of Thalia - The Planets of Humanity: Thalia

61 Virginis (abbreviated 61 Vir) is a G5V class star slightly less massive than the Sun (G2V), located about 27.8 light-years away in the constellation of Virgo. The composition of this star is nearly identical to the Sun.
61 Virginis (G5V) is the first well established main sequence yellow dwarf star to be explored by Humankind. It was without great surprise that a planet very similar to Earth was found:Thalia.

Thalia is a high-organic energy planet, a luxuriant planet that was immediately colonized by several countries at the same time. But Thalia had several surprises to unleash upon humanity:
The Organic crystals, a completely new kind of crystal of organic nature capable of deliver a huge amount of energy and with many different uses and;
New specimen, defying the The Evolution Funnel Theory, and the possibility of one or several of them being aware of themselves.

"There's something amazing about Thalia, that's for sure. As soon as I breath it's air I knew. It was like the African air. Full of promises and a strange sense of birthplace..." - Igor Stanislavsky, Colonist
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:58:59 PM by Bayushiseni »