Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:17:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691087
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The World of Thalia - A Photo Space Opera  (Read 16075 times)

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
  • Wargamer - Roleplayer - Miniature painter
Re: The World of Thalia - A Photo Space Opera
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2014, 02:05:05 PM »
Soon they'll be used on the tabletop. ;)
Have you already received "zie small boxz I've sentz you?"
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." Darth Vader

leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=71857.0
leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=71237.0
leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=71765.0

Offline blackstone

• Mastermind
    • Toad King Castings
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2014, 07:53:40 PM »
Always great to see miniatures from different manufacturers brought together for a game!! Lovely pics! :)

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2014, 07:56:36 PM »
Always great to see miniatures from different manufacturers brought together for a game!! Lovely pics! :)

Thank you, kind sir.

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2014, 08:53:08 PM »
The World of Thalia - Giant Bug Attack

They came silently, organized and with purpose. At that moment I knew our fate was sealed. Had we been prepared and maybe the result was other. But we were caught flatfooted.

I saw the tank's turret turning. I saw the first squad unlocking their weapons and retreating slowly. I saw the immediate preparation of the soldiers. It was good training all around, but the creatures, in their movement and design, they shouted death.

Then the sound of technology broke. The tank's coaxial canon start firing, and we start firing and some of the creatures fell in heaps of flesh. But I could see that our bullets couldn't easily stop their advance. And then they reached the first of us...

And we saw the beast use its claws and fangs and rage. And we saw it rip the soldier in two and we heard him shout and I thought "if only we could have mounted a perimeter", and I knew how foolish were my thoughts as my machine pistol screamed back in anger...

"Aim. Squeeze. Hold. Stop squeezing when the thing stops moving. Only then you worry about ammo." - Sebastian Blanche, Mercenary
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:40:36 PM by Bayushiseni »

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2014, 09:56:57 PM »
The World of Thalia - When a Tank isn't an Insurance Policy...

The creatures took heavy damage from the coaxial canon and the fire we unleashed. But it seemed futile. Like a wave of crimson the army's five man's squad was quickly engulfed. I shouted, "retreat, fire and retreat", the Militia Sergeant obeyed...

The smell of burning flesh, ionized air, gunshots, screams and the strange sound the creatures made filled everything around me.

And as we were retreating, they reached the tank. I couldn't believe how powerful those claws were until I saw metal being ripped like paper and flying away. "Keep firing and retreating", I was screaming, trying hard to be heard above the terrible sound.

I killed one more who was reading himself to jump from the tank to take me down and although their numbers were dwindling so were ours and we weren't able to reduce the momentum of their charge. Our fate would now be measured in seconds...

"You must never fear the brightness of the beast. In their instinct they can be as cunning as a sentient species." "Are you talking about the Ganshurinni?" "Yes, indeed I am in this case." "Don't be foolish. They aren't beasts, those are a kind of sentient species. I don't know what kind, but they are..." - Dialogue between Sebastian Pereira, Colonist and Ihi Asharant, Big Game Hunter
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:44:04 PM by Bayushiseni »

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2014, 08:18:26 PM »
The World of Thalia - Falling Back

One after the other, the men were falling under the onslaught of the creatures. It was too late to create a defensive perimeter or to call them to retreat. Now, only the number of able bodies would dictate the outcome. I looked for a way out. And I saw the civilian caterpillar.

A muffled explosion shook the tank and despair filled me. The creatures that took it of jumped down and decided that I would be their next target. My machine pistol was almost empty, but I targeted one of them immediately.

What kind of creatures were these that could destroy a main battle tank in less than a minute? My mind was racing with questions. Would I survive to see them answered?

"The M8A3 Kirchner MBT is THE main battle tank if!... you want a tank that goes on and on and on in the field without specialized maintenance and repairs. It's not the fastest, or the best armed or the heaviest armored. True. But you can trust that no mud, no sand and no ice will keep this beauty from operating. Now! The main weapon is the 122mm/watt 7 Trumman railgun and..." - Drill Sergeant Jonah Hashiguro, Colonial Army
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:47:09 PM by Bayushiseni »

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2014, 08:41:59 PM »
Great stuff.

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2014, 08:52:53 PM »
Great stuff.

Once again, thank you dear sir.

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2014, 12:31:18 AM »
Great campaign setting and story. I'm looking forward to more :)
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2014, 04:20:18 AM »
Great work. I'm not normally a fan of printed paper models, but your universe and storyline have won me over. Looking forward to the next installment.

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2014, 07:55:00 AM »
Great campaign setting and story. I'm looking forward to more :)

Thank you, sir. Very soon now.

Great work. I'm not normally a fan of printed paper models, but your universe and storyline have won me over. Looking forward to the next installment.

Thank you, sir. Paper has a strange kind of magic. Contrary to everything else, you really do see the shapes magically appearing.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2014, 08:32:04 AM »
Love it!
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2014, 02:35:43 PM »

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2014, 02:44:56 PM »
Blackwolf, your blog:

http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Has absolutely stunning photos.

Thanks for that.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:26:33 PM by Bayushiseni »

Offline Bayushiseni

• Scientist
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2014, 08:29:24 PM »
The World of Thalia - Last Moments

One of the soldiers came to my aid. We fired a concentrated burst of fire against the creatures that were charging against us. Two of them fell, their exoskeleton ripped in several places. "C'mon!" I shouted, "Follow me."

He tried, but it wasn't enough. The remaining creatures attacked all the soldiers in view. I opened the door of the caterpillar and jumped inside, my weapon ready for the last stand.

Then for several minutes, minutes that seemed like hours, I've heard them moving around, sounds of steps and things being moved around, the soft sound of fire burning... And then nothing... How could that be? How could have I escaped from them?

"Men do die under our command... the question is always... were you responsible for their death, or have you really kept them alive until that particular moment?" "Is that the question?" "Sure it is, Joe... If you don't have a question like that to throw at yourself from time to time, then you'll hit the bottle hard or you are a piece of s##t." - Dialogue between Commander Kinnison and Cap Joe
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:50:46 PM by Bayushiseni »