Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:53:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: I've reached the bottom of my lead mountain ...  (Read 7437 times)

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
Re: I've reached the bottom of my lead mountain ...
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »
Well, I know that under my lead pile are the caverns of plastic sprues and the catacombs of resin... At least, I think so, been ages since I've seen them. Occasionally my lead miners bring up a casting or sprue or two.

Oh and Arteis, my uncle's lawyer will be contacting you shortly, all his pigs just flew off from his farm last week, he's seeking compensation. ;) lol

Offline Arteis

• Scientist
    • My 'Dressing the Lines' blog
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »
It's quite relaxing here at the bottom of the mountain.  No more half-done projects making me feel guilty, no more boxes of new shiny lead urging me to get started.

And I guess maybe I am not technically exactly at the bottom of the lead mountain, as there are still some miscellaneous unpainted figures lying around my study.  But these are ones that I've totally lost interest in, so will never ever paint, and therefore I can ignore them.

So now I can just relax from painting for a while - put my feet up, read, watch TV, catch up on things etc.

But, don't worry, as stated on my blog, this is just a temporary halt whilst I await new figures to be produced by either Minden Miniatures (Russian infantry - I've already signed up to their Kickstarter) or Empress Miniatures (any new colonial NZ Wars figures they might make - albeit there is nothing new on the horizon so far as I know, so this is just a hopeful wish for now).

Roly Hermans
Paraparaumu, New Zealand

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 10:28:40 AM »
It's quite relaxing here at the bottom of the mountain.  No more half-done projects making me feel guilty, no more boxes of new shiny lead urging me to get started.
That sounds wonderful...   A shame I'll never get there.

And I guess maybe I am not technically exactly at the bottom of the lead mountain, as there are still some miscellaneous unpainted figures lying around my study.  But these are ones that I've totally lost interest in, so will never ever paint, and therefore I can ignore them.
Aha, life insurance... ;)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 02:10:04 PM »

So now I can just relax from painting for a while - put my feet up, read, watch TV, catch up on things etc.

But, don't worry, as stated on my blog, this is just a temporary halt whilst I await new figures to be produced by either Minden Miniatures (Russian infantry - I've already signed up to their Kickstarter) or Empress Miniatures (any new colonial NZ Wars figures they might make - albeit there is nothing new on the horizon so far as I know, so this is just a hopeful wish for now).

Time to build that pa roly :D

Offline Arteis

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 05:28:23 AM »
Ah ha, I see Perry Miniatures have released some British infantry who'll be perfect for the later colonial New Zealand Wars.  I better get in fast before the New Zealand dollar continues going downhill.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 05:34:37 AM »
That's what we all say ;) (doesn't stop us buying though lol )

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 06:44:41 AM »
Ah ha, I see Perry Miniatures have released some British infantry who'll be perfect for the later colonial New Zealand Wars.  I better get in fast before the New Zealand dollar continues going downhill.

good idea you can always tie in your acw figures as a what if and French intervention for that matter just need Perry to do some bush rangers in kilts and bobs your uncle

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 07:01:32 AM »
I’ve been at the bottom of my lead mountain for a few weeks now, and I’m pleased to say that I’m still hale and hearty!

Heresy! Blasphemy! 

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2014, 07:05:41 AM »
There’s a wargaming superstition that if you reach the bottom of your ‘lead mountain’  of unpainted figures, you’ll die.  Well, I’ve been at the bottom of my lead mountain for a few weeks now, and I’m pleased to say that I’m still hale and hearty!
That is because you haven't found that missing box of lead that you have forgotten that you forgotten about.  :-)

Grimm

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2014, 07:46:38 AM »
That is because you haven't found that missing box of lead that you have forgotten that you forgotten about.  :-)

Grimm

I love that missing box. It's like Christmas. :)

Offline Mahwell skel

• Librarian
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 12:37:23 PM »
I love that missing box. It's like Christmas. :)

That's why I hide all mine. Hide them well though you don't want your better half telling you where they are.

The only problem is finding what you are actually looking for!

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 01:28:45 PM »
I came across some Victorian train passengers from years back

Do you still need them (given they are 28mm)?

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 02:14:10 PM »
Michi - I am going to sell them but they are somewhere between 15 and 20mm scale. It is a shame as I have quite a few!

I bought them during a period when I was obsessed with trams and had dreams of a turn of the century layout.

I so understand your intention, but regretfully they´re to small for my needs. (Still obsessed with any sort of railway related stuff on my gaming table...)

Offline Arteis

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2014, 08:44:32 AM »
Lead mountain reinstated ... I've just ordered some Perry British for my colonial New Zealand Wars project:

http://arteis.wordpress.com/2014/10/01/perry-miniatures-colonial-new-zealand-wars-figures/

Phew!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:46:27 AM by Arteis »

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2014, 10:52:17 AM »
Sheesh, that was a close call...  lol