Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:53:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Adding more greenstuff to existing sculpt  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
Re: Adding more greenstuff to existing sculpt
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 05:07:09 AM »
I mix mine with Aves most times, for that reason! I haven't really noticed the reduced durability, but maybe I've just been lucky.

The durability thing has never really come up for me in practice, it's mostly just something I've noted from messing around with cured leftover scraps. If you roll out snakes or strips of each and then try to snap them once they've cured, you'll see it, but I wouldn't expect it to effect sculpts unless they've got long thin sticky-outy bits like tentacles or something.

Leaves out quite a few types, surprisingly. Maybe they're in a different post? But in the meantime, hope you don't mind me butting in with this. ;)

http://minisculpture.co.uk/index.php?topic=623.0

That was the link I wanted to post, but had lost the bookmark to. Thanks! The one I posted above was just the best thing I could find on a quick google search.

The sickle carver I don't actually use much in putty sculpting. Its utility is mostly in dry carving applications. I use it all the time for scraping, carving, deburring, scribing, etc while cleaning, modifying, and assembling resin kits. Probably even more than the basic scalpel/hobby knife. So maybe not technically the right thread for it it, but since I was on the subject of dental tools, I tossed it in anyway.

History viewed from the inside is always a dark, digestive mess, far different from the easily recognizable cow viewed from afar by historians.