Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:52:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ultra-Modern African Campaign  (Read 2463 times)

Offline winterborn

• Bookworm
Ultra-Modern African Campaign
« on: August 26, 2008, 12:15:42 PM »
So I bit the bullet and bought a whole bunch of modern stuff to run a campaign for my gaming group. The campaign is set in Fazongo, a fictional African republic inbetween Nigeria and Democratic Congo. Long ruled by a military dictator, he died two years ago and under international pressure reasonably free elections were held. The narrowly elected president is pro-West, and vowed to clean up corruption.
The local elites thought it would be business as usual, but he actually was cleaning out the corruption in government. Their response was to attempt a coup, a coup which failed. However, the plotters retreated to their stronghold in the south, and declared their independance. This prompted the other three minority tribes to rise in rebellion. The president has little control over much of the country, and civil war rages.
In the normal run of things, Western governments would make noise but not actually do anything. However, a large US/UK oil company discovered obscenely wealthy oil and gas fields, and now the West has stepped in to support the President. A multi-national group of Special Forces has been sent to help the Fazongolese govt reclaim control over the country, ostensibly by training and leading the local army. The reality is that the NATO forces are carrying the battle to the rebels.
I have (on the way) US Delta and Force Recon from Devil Dog, Brit SAS from TAG, German KSK from Eureka, and Italian [Special Forces, havent quite figured out which one it will be] from D&P. Supporting them are two CIA ops from Heresy. Opposing them are a lot of Africans and Somalis from TAG. I already have quite a few missions planned out, but what sort of missions would you guys like to play, on either side.

Matt
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be the light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winter born

Offline Chuckaroobob

• Scientist
Re: Ultra-Modern African Campaign
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 02:56:50 AM »
I just finished a book called "Operation Barras" about the SAS and 1st Para's rescue mission to free some British captives from a bunch of bandits back in 2000.  The raid just screams out for a skirmish game!

One Company of Para, a few teams of SAS vs. a load of West Side Boys armed with AK-47's RPG's and some HMG's.  Throw in a few technicals (including one with twin 14.5 HMG's) and a Lynx gunship and you've got a game!
They call me "Point Cow"

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Ultra-Modern African Campaign
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 03:39:08 AM »
You can recreate the raids exiciteve out comes from south africa did to Angola insurgents.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous