Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:17:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690889
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fast and Dirty Unit builder  (Read 1883 times)

Offline psychomo

• Assistant
    • Forest of Dean Gamers
Fast and Dirty Unit builder
« on: October 18, 2014, 10:12:21 AM »
Hi all,

I know there are a few Fast and Dirty players on here. If you have not heard of it, it is a great set if fast play sci-fi skirmish rules.

Myself and the guy I work with have been beavering away at a web based unit builder to compliment the rules. It is still early days, but I feel it is stable enough to release to the community :-).

Please feel free to check it out here: http://fad.forestofdeangamers.co.uk/

Would love to hear any comments, improvement ideas etc.

Cheers,

Mo

Checkout the online database of miniatures manufacturers at:
http://tabletop-gaming-directory.com/

Offline baldlea

• Librarian
Re: Fast and Dirty Unit builder
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 05:28:52 AM »
This looks pretty cool. I was going to direct you to a post by FAD's creator where he asks that someone becomes "caretaker" for the game. For some reason I can't find this, nor any other post, from Ivan.

Am I missing something?

Offline psychomo

• Assistant
    • Forest of Dean Gamers
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 10:09:06 AM »
Ivan put up a post on his yahoo group about this and I have replied. I wasn't aware there was one on here too.

I am a massive fan of FAD and play it quite a bit so would love to get involved in helping get it out there for more people to find :-).

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 10:24:39 AM »
Looks good, I was looking for this a while ago when I was considering FAD as my go to sci-fi game. However the lack of support at the time made me move on. Ivan's decision to release the game to the fans and this unit builder together might just be what it takes to bring me back to FAD.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline psychomo

• Assistant
    • Forest of Dean Gamers
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 10:30:52 AM »
There are a lot of great Sci-Fi miniatures out there (both 15mm and 28mm), and to be honest I got fed up of writing lists on bits of paper and doing the maths :-). Plus I wanted to be able to easily share stuff I wrote up.

I still haven't managed to incorporate all the extras from the expansion, but I think I have got everything from the V4 core rules. As far as I am aware the points system isn't much different in V5.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 10:59:31 AM »
Honestly been a while I looked at FAD, and I know that I personally prefered most of v4 over v5. Some of the simplifications were a step to far if I recall correctly. From the top of my head I can't remember there was an expansion for v4? there was a historical version and solo gaming rules but I don't think they had any additional unit building rules in there.

Offline psychomo

• Assistant
    • Forest of Dean Gamers
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 11:08:17 AM »
They added the tech manual and a small expansion, both have some additional rules, but for the most part just have new traits, weapons, etc.

I still haven't read V5, V4 is pretty much as streamlines as I think it needs to be honest. Though I understand Ivan wanted to improve the vehicle damage rules which might be nice.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 11:12:05 AM »
Do'h, forgot about that one.  lol
I think the new vehicle rules are something I didn't like, but as apparent above I've clearly forgotten things. Actually I now seem to recall v5 also having much better reactive fire rules as well has turning a lot of the straight up throw a x+ into quality based rolls.