Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:22:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: South Sea Action  (Read 4200 times)

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
South Sea Action
« on: October 19, 2014, 05:10:12 PM »
In the previous article Team Bob is working in their deep sea suits to recover lost metal lockers from the briny depths,

The site is not far off the coast of the Island Trader Joe is located on...mean while on board the Tug Boat Minnow ....  Pygmy's canoes attack the Tug!!!

As the canoe's come along side, they swarm aboard, climbing up the bumper tires and assorted ropes left unattended..... The crewmen on watch shout warnings and open fire with their rifles.

A Shaman summons up poisonous creatures that slowly make their way to the air pumping stations on the back of the Tug as the Pygmy's are mowed down by accurate rifle fire.  But the gelatinous blobby creatures take bullet hits and just keep coming.. the bullets not doing enough physical damage.  "Use your machetes!! cries the Captain! In the ensuing wild melee several crewmen are slimed over and go limp from the poison!

To complicate the defense The Creature from the Green Lagoon surfaces and heads to the Tug, drawing fire which it easily avoids. Gaining access to the deck it heads to the stern to take vengeance on the ships crew.

Crewmen rush in to combat the creature and suffer horrific losses as he tears them apart with his mighty sinews! Surviving crewmen open fire and in a hail of gun fire down the creature.

No air pumping stations were taken out, thereby saving the divers on the bottom at work.

-------------------------------------
Since all the characters were on the ocean bottom, I generated a Captain, First Mate and crewmen stats and had players randomly draw who they would play. Each player had an assigned pumping station for Their Character on the sea floor...if that station crewman was taken out their character would suffer a Death! To all comments about "no pygmies in the south seas"... giant poisonous sea slugs etc I just told them, "remember this campaign is modeled after Saturday afternoon Hollywood adventure movies and that's all I have to say! heh

The crewmen finish the sea crawlers just in time to turn their attention to the Creature.
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

Re: South Sea Action
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 10:44:34 PM »

:-*

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 10:53:02 PM »

:-*

Usually Youtube comments are awful, but this pair was amazing:

I can't think of pairing this theme with anything else other than the shark from Jaws. It fits so well!
You are wrong! when my mother in law is parking her old car in front of my house fits so well too...

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 07:11:57 AM »
Another classic scenario. I love the underwater scene.

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 01:50:25 AM »
Another classic scenario. I love the underwater scene.

Ditto!

If you haven't seen the Mythbusters episode where they test what happens to a body in a deep sea diving suit at depth when the air cuts off, you should. But be warned, its not for the squeamish...

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 03:29:07 AM »
Did see the Mythbusters episode on the deep sea suits, part of the inspiration for this episode!

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 06:30:09 AM »
Did see the Mythbusters episode on the deep sea suits, part of the inspiration for this episode!

One must do one's homework.  I'm sure if you did the Darth Vader throat grip and cut off the air supply of a gamer whose hose happened to break during the game, the other's would have been suitably impressed.  lol
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:45:35 PM by Prof. Dinglebat. Phd. »

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:51:48 PM »
You never know where Alfrik is going to go next. Underground lair, moon-base, scaling a giant cliff, or under the sea -- Alfrik's pulp-meter is cranked up to 10!

WOW! THANKS for sharing another awesome Pulp Alley AAR.