Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:49:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690713
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 1026
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: NEW! TBC CBT, The Black Widow Comapny c 3025 all Unseen.Fire Lance DONE!  (Read 16247 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Yeah, my boxes are the "relaunch" or whatever.  Still not on par with quality hard plastic though.  I was happy to see them release all those lance packs though.  Even expensive as they are, they're less than half of what the rather obnoxiously priced metals sell for.

It's a real shame the huge majority of BT mechs are completely crap minis.  It'd be nice to see a new quality studio do a full line.  Perhaps base them on the awesome new art from Mechwarrior Online.  The guy behind that art design really did a great job of keeping the character of the mechs while updating the poor original art.

This is a good example.  Screams ATLAS even though the whole thing has been slightly redesigned.  Looks far more legitimate.  The only down side is that the same artist seems to have done all of the work, and all of the mechs look like they're from the same manufacturer now.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
I agree...sadly I agree.  I wish the minis were better.  I have some from Insane Kangaroo, nice sculpts and of course his painting is tops!

This was my inspiration for the Steiner Atlas I'm working on on the other thread

"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Yep, I was actually going to do a 3025/3050 alternate rules Battletech game alongside a Robotech project, but the Palladium stuff simply doesn't scale up to the BT stuff at all (and while nice, the scale difference is correct between Zentraedi/UN Spacy stuff...so even the mechs don't match).  I had grabbed a bunch of Dougram Gashapon to fill in some more old Unseen gaps etc.

Tsk tsk.

(I grabbed a Gashapon Wolverine which actually chops up nicely with the Battlemaster they put in the new box...allowing you to build a more Unseen version).

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Yep, I was actually going to do a 3025/3050 alternate rules Battletech game alongside a Robotech project, but the Palladium stuff simply doesn't scale up to the BT stuff at all (and while nice, the scale difference is correct between Zentraedi/UN Spacy stuff...so even the mechs don't match).  I had grabbed a bunch of Dougram Gashapon to fill in some more old Unseen gaps etc.

Tsk tsk.

(I grabbed a Gashapon Wolverine which actually chops up nicely with the Battlemaster they put in the new box...allowing you to build a more Unseen version).

The RT stuff is def hit and miss on scale.  The Warhammer scales well, but I havent seen the Archer except in pics.  I'm planning on using the LAM's though.... :D

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
I suppose some of the Valkyries would work...but only as stingers and wasps (assuming you believe 25 ton mechs to be tiny and not just poorly armored).

The Glaug would be waaaay too big for a Marauder, and you can't use any of the regults as Ostroc/Ostsol/Ostscout conversion material because they're be taller than an Atlas.

The Rifleman is very small by scale-wise and doesn't look like a 50-60 ton mech (I've forgotten what it is).  I'm sure you can use some with success. 

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
I suppose some of the Valkyries would work...but only as stingers and wasps (assuming you believe 25 ton mechs to be tiny and not just poorly armored).

The Glaug would be waaaay too big for a Marauder, and you can't use any of the regults as Ostroc/Ostsol/Ostscout conversion material because they're be taller than an Atlas.

The Rifleman is very small by scale-wise and doesn't look like a 50-60 ton mech (I've forgotten what it is).  I'm sure you can use some with success. 

In fairness it seems like the 'tonnage' is all over the place when you compare minis against each other, even within the Iron Wind/RP family.  I sort of made peace with it a long time ago for my sanity! lol

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
I actually just busted out the box of mechs...and you're right, they do scale better with Robotech than I had remembered.  I just kitbashed up something fun, and may actually paint a mech or two (for absolutely zero reason at this point).

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
I actually just busted out the box of mechs...and you're right, they do scale better with Robotech than I had remembered.  I just kitbashed up something fun, and may actually paint a mech or two (for absolutely zero reason at this point).

I thought you'd be pleasantly surprised! The RT set is a fairly cheap way to get nice unseens.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
So...I got bored, based up and super quick painted a couple of mechs tonight.  Realized that since I don't care about the poor quality sculpts...I'll just dry-brush them and roll.  I made my little Gashapon-mixed Battlemaster Unseen version...I'll just be doing the two paint schemes, probably paint up a dozen or two mechs and see what game I can come up with to play.

It was oddly calming to just paint something so quick with zero attention to detail and yet they look fine at gaming height.  I'll save the effort for my Robotech stuff.  Thanks for the inspiration TBC!

PS: Yes, the BM is probably a good bit out of scale, but I just love that old Mech so much I had to go with it (made it from the Dougram Gashapon for the Wolverine model...just tossed in the Battlemaster body and made a gun from a Votoms bit and Veritech booster)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
So...I got bored, based up and super quick painted a couple of mechs tonight.  Realized that since I don't care about the poor quality sculpts...I'll just dry-brush them and roll.  I made my little Gashapon-mixed Battlemaster Unseen version...I'll just be doing the two paint schemes, probably paint up a dozen or two mechs and see what game I can come up with to play.

It was oddly calming to just paint something so quick with zero attention to detail and yet they look fine at gaming height.  I'll save the effort for my Robotech stuff.  Thanks for the inspiration TBC!

PS: Yes, the BM is probably a good bit out of scale, but I just love that old Mech so much I had to go with it (made it from the Dougram Gashapon for the Wolverine model...just tossed in the Battlemaster body and made a gun from a Votoms bit and Veritech booster)

Very nice!  Welcome back to the fold! :D

Just got my Wasp to pre-decal!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Nice Wasp.  I'll have to bust out my RT spares (of which I have...a lot) and assemble a couple of the Unseens at some point.  Wasp should be easy enough to make.  I forgot I have that Heavy Gear KS on the way, so if that ever comes out I should have all kinds of silly mecha bits to play with as well.  I can put together a good 30 or so mechs from 3025 so that'd be enough for me to pal around with.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Nice Wasp.  I'll have to bust out my RT spares (of which I have...a lot) and assemble a couple of the Unseens at some point.  Wasp should be easy enough to make.  I forgot I have that Heavy Gear KS on the way, so if that ever comes out I should have all kinds of silly mecha bits to play with as well.  I can put together a good 30 or so mechs from 3025 so that'd be enough for me to pal around with.

Thanks Mate!  It's still way too shiny, but decals work best on a gloss coat.  I'll put a satin on after the decals.  Just picked them up from storage today :D

Too bad we dont live closer, it'd be great to get a game in... :(  But in any event, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your lances!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Well, with my inability to finish projects most of the time, I'll probably not end up with lances...but it's good fun to paint up some mechs.  The real labor will be the Robotech stuff - that's daunting at the moment.

lol

I agree, it'd be fun to stomp around and blast stuff though.  Damn you Atlantic Ocean!

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Takeda's Archer and Koniev's Wasp are done!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Pfftttt...no group shot, no care!  I've decided I'm going to be ditching my Battlemaster, the scale is just too off for all the other mechs (sad panda).  I primed a few here, but it was raining so I didn't finish a good enough prime job to know any others out.