Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:41:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Question about shipping losses in Spain  (Read 2352 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Question about shipping losses in Spain
« on: October 22, 2014, 07:53:19 PM »
[mods you can move this thread if need be]

Hello folks,

A little while ago I ordered several game items from several different private European sellers, sent to a friend in Scotland who is forwarding the lot to me in Canada.

All my orders arrived with the exception of one small package (with a value of 16 EUR, so not exactly the end of the world) from Torrejon De Ardoz, Spain. For the time being the seller's stringing me along with promises to re-send it if it bounces back to him, but I am not optimistic. The purchase was done through a third party website (they only facilitate European orders, which is why I had them sent to the friend in Scotland), so I can't dispute it through PayPal as I normally would.

In spite of having the seller's name and address (confirmed valid per the third party site), I don't imagine there's really anything I can do and suspect that if it vanishes (or "vanishes") I will be out the money. But I was just hoping to ask any of our Spaniards here on the off chance I'm wrong and there's anything they could suggest in that unhappy eventuality?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:58:24 PM by FramFramson »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
Re: Question about shipping losses in Spain
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 09:33:11 PM »
Which shipping alternative was used? Standard, express, insured...?
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 05:52:36 AM »
Which shipping alternative was used? Standard, express, insured...?

Just regular mail. Standard uninsured.

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 08:21:59 PM »
I think you are out of luck :( I'll look into it, though, as sometimes there's a "hidden" insurance no one will tell you about unless you ask.

I'd also like to point out that I've never had a parcel lost by Correos (spanish mail company). So when I hear that many parcels are lost in Spain... I can't help but wonder if they are lost or "lost". (Of course, every now and then a parcel will really get lost in a company that provides for 40 million customers).

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 06:01:56 AM »
Even in countries where there is supposedly "trouble" with the mail, most packages or envelopes are fine. If it's not outright lies (i.e. the seller never really sent anything or the buyer pretends they never got it), it's almost always something dumb like the seller writing the wrong address or trying to mail something with bad packaging (like sticking a miniature in a regular paper envelope) so that it gets chewed up by mail machines. In my recent round of orders I easily had five or six orders from Spain and the rest were all fine.

Offline Oldgamer

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 02:51:31 PM »
I have just had a terrain mat from the US go missing, I am quite sure the mat was sent and have been refunded with no problem so I am quite sure stuff genuinely goes missing. I have sent some items to Spain that never arrived though so mistakes do happen.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 08:43:55 PM »
I'd also like to point out that I've never had a parcel lost by Correos (spanish mail company).

There is also the consideration that it has been passed to Royal Mail once it hits the UK... my recent experiences with them are that it is not the company it was before privatisation.

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 12:22:39 PM »
And just because I ofended Murphy in His heaven... an item that I bought from China hasn't appeared, and it's six weeks now. Of course, difficult to know which mail system screwed it, that's what happens with international orders.

Back to the OP, I've checked the spanish mail laws, and I'm afraid standard delivery lacks any insurance. Sorry.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 06:04:54 PM »
Quite alright, thanks.