Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:45:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ROGUE PLANET sci-fantasy cover art sneak peek  (Read 11832 times)

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
ROGUE PLANET sci-fantasy cover art sneak peek
« on: October 24, 2014, 07:21:41 PM »
I posted this in the Futures Wars section already, but as it crosses genres, I thought I would share it here as well. ;)

ROGUE PLANET sci-fantasy cover art preview- a larger image to better see all the epic details can be found here.

'HAVOC... it's okay to wreak a little!'    <a href="http://www.bombshell-games.com/>bombshell games[/url]

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: ROGUE PLANET sci-fantasy cover art sneak peek
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 07:55:47 PM »
Wow  :o

Looks great.

Hope the release date will not be too far away :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:57:29 PM by Comsquare »

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 09:30:05 PM »
Wow   :o
Thanks!

The release date should not be far off at all. If all goes to schedule, it should be out by next weekend at the latest. Possibly much sooner though...

that is taking the meme of 'drive me closer so I can hit it with my sword!' to new and dazzling heights!
Mission accomplished. 8)

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 09:42:09 PM »
Great news.
Looking forward to it.

Printed version, right  :D

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 06:43:38 AM »
Really nice cover art. I really like the look of this. Any more info on it? How about a preview of the blurb?

Offline PatrickWR

• Scientist
  • Fully Painted Since 2010
    • Comrade's Wargames
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 02:40:08 PM »
Awesome! I would love to hear more about this game! As awesome as that cover is, I'll be making my purchase decision based on gameplay, scale, rules, etc.  8)

Offline KapitaenMors

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 05:38:22 PM »
Nice cover art. I would love to hear more about it too.

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 06:49:24 PM »
As awesome as that cover is, I'll be making my purchase decision based on gameplay, scale, rules, etc.  8)
Patrick, when you start spouting nonsense like this, I don't even know if I want you to buy the game!! lol <i kid> Apparently some other people here want some more information as well.

Any more info on it? How about a preview of the blurb?
I'm working on shrinking down and polishing the blurb right now. I'll share with you some elements from the rough [don't judge too harshly! it's a work in process]. Don't hesitate to ask questions about a particular aspect that you're interested in!

GOT SKILLS?
Actions on ROGUE PLANET are a measure of skill. You’ll find no ‘buckets-of-dice’ or straight-line probabilities here. The interactive skill check system means that all players are constantly involved in the game, and you’ll need to work for the best possible tactical advantage or risk having your opponent counter you and take advantage of your failures.

ENERGY
The ENERGY expenditure system allows you to simulate the strength of your force, powers the various armor ratings of your troops, and gives you the option to keep your units in play when you want or need to- but there’s always a cost!

NO BOOKKEEPING!
There are no hit point boxes, extensive tables, or detailed stat tracking on ROGUE PLANET. Not only that, but there are no chits, tokens, spell, psionic, or effect markers littering the table either. The focus is always on the miniatures, terrain, and action on the table.

ROGUE DIE
The ROGUE DIE mechanic allows you to counteract your enemies’ actions during their turns and fuels your powered weapon, powered armor, and psionic force weapon abilities and effects. Counter-actions include things like: dodging, returning ranged fire, counter casting, and intercept maneuvers.

PAWN SYSTEM
The innovative PAWN system provides a unique mechanism for representing your leader’s retinue and followers and makes for dynamically changing battles as your hero loses abilities, power, and support during a game. PAWNS are also a prime feature of the campaign system and allow a leader to gain new abilities, change strategies, and evolve as a time progresses.

PAWNS include: ammo grunts, bots, expendables, familiars, intimidators, and brutes [and many more!]. Who will follow you into battle?

FX
The FX physics engine powers the epic throws, collisions, and staggering blows that occur on ROGUE PLANET. It also gives players the option to make the battlefield more interactive with the implementation of destructible, throwable, and treacherous terrain types.

ROGUE DIE
The ROGUE DIE mechanic allows you to counteract your enemies’ actions during their turns and fuels your powered weapon, powered armor, and psionic force weapon abilities and effects. Counter-actions include things like: dodging, returning ranged fire, counter casting, and intercept maneuvers.

CUSTOM FORCE CREATION
Point based unit creation system gives you total control to bring your vision to the tabletop the way you envision it.

EQUIPMENT AND UPGRADES
There are over 30 different types of base weapons, armor ratings, and enhancements in the game that be used by themselves to equip your troops or combined with one another to create almost limitless supply of custom combi-weapons. These upgrades include: axes, blades, lances, blasters, heavy launchers, powered armor, powered fists, gravity hammers, chained blades, psionic force weapons, and grenades.

SORCERERS AND PSYCHERS
What sci-fantasy world would be complete without the inclusion of sorcerers and psychers. Heroes on ROGUE PLANET can be either [or both!] and wield powers like: psionic throw, anchor, time stop, magic missile, blink, deflection, and more.

GAME TYPES
There are multiple levels of play that allow players with various collection sizes and gameplay preferences to enjoy the game and have it grow with them. Patrols, Strikes, Missions, and Extended Ops ensure that there’s always a new way to experience adventures and combat on this derelict world. For example, during Extended Ops, your heroes may not only gain new followers but just might gain [or become] a nemesis.

ROGUE PLANET is playable at any scale, with any models in your collection, with as few as 3-8 miniatures per side. The system scales up to allow you to bring many, many, more models without bogging down.

Offline Fates Fickle Finger

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 06:54:20 PM »
Excitement at 11! :-* :-* When can we get our grubby paws/tentacles on it, hoping it will be in book form as well!?

FFF

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 07:03:05 PM »
Printed version, right   :D
Excitement at 11!  :-*  :-* When can we get our grubby paws/tentacles on it, hoping it will be in book form as well!?
The PDF/electronic edition should be out by next weekend at the latest.

There will be a printed edition. I usually like to let the PDF sit out there for a bit just in case someone picks up on something that was missed during the edit or something needs to be rewritten or clarified. That way, all the printed editions are as pristine as possible and all the same [without various versions floating about].

There's also going to be a 'special edition' printed version coming out that I'm hoping will impress.  ;)

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 07:10:30 PM »

There's also going to be a 'special edition' printed version coming out that I'm hoping will impress.  ;)

That sounds like the version I would like to get  :D

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 07:20:11 PM »
Sounds like a lot of fun.

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 07:45:36 PM »
That sounds like the version I would like to get   :D
I thought it might be- that's why I mentioned it.  lol 

Sounds like a lot of fun.
Glad you think so. The game being sci-fantasy has allowed me to push the 'fun factor' with this one.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 11:08:46 PM »
Sounds very interesting.

Also sounds like just the thing to use for a Masters of the Universe game so that I don't have to come up with my own rules.

Looking forward to seeing this.

One question: Will there be any sort of preview or demo rules so we can see a little bit more before we buy?

~Eric

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 01:30:50 AM »
Sounds very interesting.

Also sounds like just the thing to use for a Masters of the Universe game so that I don't have to come up with my own rules.
It will definitely work well for Masters of the Universe.

You will be able to preview a few pages on both Wargame Vault and Amazon. Currently, I don't think that there will be a demo version. I looked at possibly doing a 'lite' version or demo, but it's just too hard to capture what the game is all about in that format [and a watered-down version of ROGUE PLANET is just sad :(].