Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:10:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bank raid goes wrong. Bullets and bodies everywhere. Read the gory details!  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Silbuster

• Scientist
Diamond Annie here. It’s been a tough old couple of weeks. Hard work. We’re not used to it. Strange what you’ll do if the price is right The tunnel’s almost been dug, though. One more heave-ho, and the shiny stuff from the Bent Bankers’ Trough will be with its rightful owner. The People. Also known as Us.

Lestrade of the Yard here. The word in the gutter says that murderous maid Annie is going to pull off the crime of the century. Not on my b*****y patch she isn’t! It didn’t take long to find out what she was interested it. Just follow the fashion parade! Now, here we are. Surrounding the Great Bank of Scandal. Waiting for her to make her move…

Deacon Doings of the Crusaders here. Dread Doings to my chums. Seems somebody is going to come into a fortune and the Brothers’ coffers are empty. Always keen on accepting alms even if it means removing somebody else’s. Have the Hall of Filthy Lucre surrounded. All that remains is to welcome the cash to its rightful home. Ours.

Lady Helen Quattermain here. Looking drop dead gorgeous as always. However, all this finery needs some support. And may I precise that I talk not of the whalebone. I and the pirates have acquired exclusive information regarding a bank heist and we await the opportunity of arresting the miscreants and enacting a few on-the-spot fines. All of it should do.

Setup: In the centre of the table is the bank. There should be at least four buildings within 4” of the bank from which the tunnel to the bank could have been dug. The rest of the table should have plenty of small features; buildings, woods etc.

The scenario requires at least three sides. Players alternate placing figures on the table. Those robbing the bank must either be in the bank or in one of the buildings within 4” of it where the tunnel starts. It is the robber player’s choice which building that is but all the robbers end up in the bank and that other building. The other players must place their figures in features which are at least 8” from the bank. Once a figure has been placed in a feature, then only figures belonging to that player may be placed in that feature from now on. Essentially, those features become the ambush points for a particular company.

Winning: There are five barrels of gold. The player who carries the most barrels off the board wins. Figures carrying barrels must exit with them. They cannot run. They must drop the barrel to shoot or fight.

We’ve been rumbled! And it’s not only the coppers neither. Half the blinking city must be on our doorstep. I have a quick think and come up with a cunning plan. We carve our way out via the shortest route. It’ll mean scything through Lestrade and his lads but that’s just an unexpected bonus. The Lady in Black lifts up her skirts, jumps over the ruined walls, leaps the intervening railings and whacks the first bluebottle over the head. Out for the count! It’s a good start. Let’s get going!

Lestrade here. Hell’s Teeth, this isn’t looking pretty. And neither does the Lady in Black. Or cohorts of cultists closing on the right flank. Or some pretty dubious oriental types blazing away on the left. Forming up the thin blue line, I signal wildly to Sergeant Tough and WPC Sniper Sue to join the fray. They’re a long way away, but we’re going to need every copper of the Yard to stem this tide.

Sergeant Tough here. Making all speed to help the Inspector, we’ve been waylaid by half-a-dozen crazed cultists. PC Postlethwaite is already taking a rest next to one of the foaming brigade. The Inspector may have to wait a bit…

Brother Barking here. We’re a long way from the action but the orders are to pick off enemy reinforcements. Hang on! Cor! Look at the embonpoint on that! It almost makes up for the way she’s just shot me. I’m sure we would have made a lovely couple. She certainly does….
(Allure: a new talent costing three points. Whenever anybody draws a bead on an alluring one of the opposite sex, they throw for a pluck test. If they fail, then, before shooting, they move one inch directly towards him or her. Probably with their eyes out on stalks. They always move that one inch. Even if it’s out of a third floor window…)

Lady Helen here. I must say that the campaign is going splendidly. This shocking pink number has turned any number of heads! Often, they've walked into the open and I’ve been able to pick them off at my leisure. And my personal maid, Hong Kong Hannah, has just carved her name with pride in some mad cultist’s hide. Still, we’re a long way from the loot here. I can see over on the other side that Midshipman Wong has just been Winged. Le’t hope First Mate Bull can bull his way through.

Sue here. PC Threepthrottle and DC Tophat were pinned by a pirate but I shot him in the Crow’s Nest. That made his eyes water. Let’s hope the lads can charge through the gap. I think the Inspector’s in a spot of bother.

Ow! My head! We were the squeezed middle and the pips have popped out. Sandwiched on all three sides, I’m afraid that the thin blue line has fallen flat. On its face. The Chief Constable’s going to have my hide for this.

Sue here. Threepthrottle and Tophat never made it. Looks like the Inspector’s been stuffed too. The Chief Constable isn’t going to like this. I’d better shoot a couple of cultists to make up for it.

Sergeant Tough speaking. There’s just me, PC Red and three bad people. Looks like the rest of us are resting. The Chief Constable is not going to like this one little bit. I’d better bash somebody quickly.

Stone the crows! This was supposed to be a private party. First of all Lestrade tries to gate crash but instead crashes out. Now we’re inundated with pirates and cultists. What has the late 19th century come to, that’s what I’d like to know! We’ve fallen back to prepared positions. We’ll fight them on the walls, we’ll fight them in the doorways…. hang on! Isn’t someone supposed to say this in the future?

Deacon Doings dishing out the detentions here. Now trying to relieve these fallen women of their ill-gotten gains. Trouble is that they don’t seem to fall very easily when it comes down to it. And we’re now being troubled by pesky pirates. Can’t these people see that we’re in holy orders?

First Mate Bull Rogers. Fighting my way in might have been the easy bit. Fighting my way out is beginning to look a bit sticky. I have hold of one of these darn barrels but my crew are being cut down as we attempt to cut our way out. Tarnation!

Sergeant Tough. There’s just me and a baddy staring at each other. Wait a minute. Is that clock sounding High Noon?

No, it isn’t. It’s sounding time up. So, as night falls and our companies creep away dragging the bodies behind them, we can only dream of what might have been if only these b****y dice had rolled the numbers they were supposed to.

Offline wulfgar22

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
Excellent. I particularly like the new Talent 'Allure'!

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
Fair cheered me up that did  lol
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Excellent. I particularly like the new Talent 'Allure'!

Almost missed that; thanks!

I know a certain Chinese lady who might now have a few friends working on that!

Doug

Offline Silbuster

• Scientist
Almost missed that; thanks!

I know a certain Chinese lady who might now have a few friends working on that!

Doug
Shockingly sexist but definitely in the Victorian spirit, what!

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Shockingly sexist but definitely in the Victorian spirit, what!

Well, if we went modern, there'd be at least four, if not six varieties...  lol

Doug