Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:19:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691054
  • Total Topics: 118367
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Operation Crossfire  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Grey Panda

• Librarian
    • War In Black & White
Operation Crossfire
« on: November 24, 2014, 07:45:00 PM »
I participated in Operation Crossfire and it was just an amazing war-gaming experience. To say it was simply enjoyable is not doing it justice. The scenario I played was just brilliant and when added to the dynamic of being part of something broader that your decisions influenced.

The process deserves at least a pair on each team. I did really struggle to maintain proper comms with my CC (Steve you were brilliant) and Lloyd while concentrating on the actual tactical process. It didn't help that my opponent had to cancel and needed to be replaced with a real crossfire novice who needed my help with the rules (and I need a little more play time myself )

My comms were therefore very rushed and probably very inadequate…I do have to say; including the fact that I had to prepare the game and table that night and needed to start at 5:00am in western Canada here , my tired and confused state combined with all these other factors i.e. rushed disordered decision making actually, added to the authenticity of the entire "simulation" ☺

But all of this would have been little more than sadistic torture without the amazing organization and the brilliant scenario that had such depth and favour.

Anyway can't say enough good things about this event; I hope I get the opportunity to do this again although it wouldn't surprise me if Lloyd has enough after what must have been pure chaos. I'd highly recommend that other wargamers should experience this type of event if they ever get the opportunity.

Many thanks to Steve (who did an amazing job of commanding the allies and of course Michael who led the enemy Hun but who added so much to the event also. And of course my thanks to Lloyd for putting all his creative energy into doing this for others. I do hope you enjoyed the event also

I've added a link to a report of our own game…its lengthy and probably full of mistakes because I was half asleep when I did it and I'm honestly too tired to proof read it ☺

[url]http://warpanda.blogspot.ca/2014/11/operation-crossfire.html#comment-form[url]

All the best

John
“The most colorful thing in the world is black and white, it contains all colors and at the same time excludes all.”

http://warpanda.blogspot.ca

Offline Truscott Trotter

• Mad Scientist
Re: Operation Crossfire
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 01:10:07 AM »
Wow that terrain is amongst the best I have ever seen at this scale - well done to those that set this up. Good photography too