Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:33:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Militia Miniatures - Coming soon to Kickstarter...  (Read 9906 times)

Offline Leon Minibits

• Assistant
Re: Militia Miniatures - Coming soon to Kickstarter...
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 02:19:48 AM »

28mm Modern Mercenaries, Kickstarter now open: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1056922531/militia-miniatures-28mm-modern-mercenaries

PART 5 of 5

The group huddled around the bonnet of the pickup truck, the morning sun not yet visible over the hills around them.  They’d arrived before dawn, parking their vehicles under the cover of the trees in the small valley.

‘Here we go guys, just like we talked about last night.’ said Granger, his hands resting on an open map.  ‘We’ve got three jeeps heading east along this road.’  His finger traced a winding track roughly a mile north of their current location, just over a small ridgeline.

‘The target’s in the middle of the three, so we need to isolate it as quickly as possible.  Andersen, Connor, you’re taking the front vehicle; Bennett and Rodriguez will take the rear.  Mason and Strike will grab the target and get him out of there asap.’

‘We’ll have Ghost on the ridgeline to the south providing cover, and Strike’s on backup if we need support.  The trucks are in radio contact with the base, so we’ll need to be in and out before they’ve got chance to react.’

He looked up at the group as he folded the map away, ‘Just another job, guys.’

Bennett smiled as he pulled on a pair of gloves.  ‘Just a job!’ he laughed.   ‘A real job has perks, like healthcare, pension, chances of promotion...  Ain’t none of that going on here!’

‘Don’t talk daft.’ replied Mason, as he turned and began to walk up the slope out of the valley.  ‘You get to travel the world, meet new people, blow things up.  And if you’re lucky enough to get home in one piece, you might even get paid!’

‘Alright, that’s enough.’ called Granger, ‘Let’s get it done.’  With that he tucked the map into a pocket and started to follow the others up the grassy incline.

‘Oh, and Bennett?’ he called to the big man ahead, ‘When we get back, you’re buying the first round.  We’re all about the perks here.’

For more info:
Pledge into our Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1056922531/militia-miniatures-28mm-modern-mercenaries
Visit our website: http://www.militiaminiatures.co.uk/
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/militiaminiatures

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2014, 05:39:21 AM »
I'm on board for a full squad  :)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 09:53:54 AM »
The sculpting isn't bad but wow are those stiff poses. Seriously lacking in animation.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Leon Minibits

• Assistant
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »
I'm on board for a full squad  :)

Excellent, thanks for the pledge!

The sculpting isn't bad but wow are those stiff poses. Seriously lacking in animation.

We've tried to go for a 50/50 mix of static and dynamic, so Bennett, Andersen, Ghost, Rodriguez are all active sculpts (although a sniper isn't the most active guy in the field I suppose!)  Charlie, Strike and Connor are moving/walking, and then the remaining few are standing.

8)

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2014, 03:17:40 PM »

Interestingly, this is the reason I like them so much myself! I like my figures standing not doing much :D

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2014, 04:17:12 PM »
Backed :D They'll be really useful for a ton of different settings that I game. Bargain at £20 for 8 figures :D (Potentially a few more)

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2014, 04:20:47 PM »
20 for 8 figures means 2.50 a figure. This being at 40% off means these are going to be about £3.50 each rrp. Is that about right?

Offline Leon Minibits

• Assistant
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2014, 08:25:27 PM »
Interestingly, this is the reason I like them so much myself! I like my figures standing not doing much :D
Backed :D They'll be really useful for a ton of different settings that I game. Bargain at £20 for 8 figures :D (Potentially a few more)

Thanks for the comments! 

20 for 8 figures means 2.50 a figure. This being at 40% off means these are going to be about £3.50 each rrp. Is that about right?

The UK shipping is included in that pledge level, so we've allowed around £2-£3 for the postage, bringing the figures down to £2.20-ish each.  If we unlock the extra 2 figures, that'll be 10 figures in all, bringing the cost per figure down to less than £1.80 each.

When we release these after the Kickstarter, we're looking at £3 (or £2.95) per figure retail.

8)

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2014, 08:43:45 PM »
Thanks for the information mate.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
I'm in the market for some moderns for my South East Asian Imagi Nation so I'm in for a squad. Besides, since we're practically neighbours I felt I should offer my support. I can always pick the figures up and save you posting one lot out!  :D

Offline Leon Minibits

• Assistant
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2014, 09:15:22 PM »
Thanks for the information mate.

8)

I'm in the market for some moderns for my South East Asian Imagi Nation so I'm in for a squad. Besides, since we're practically neighbours I felt I should offer my support. I can always pick the figures up and save you posting one lot out!  :D

Thanks for the pledge, and you're always more than welcome to come visit the unit!

8)

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2014, 09:50:08 PM »
I like them....

probably I will pledge them... they are perfect for a mercenary team in a setting I am working on and the price seems reasonable. Just a sneaky request... it is possible to have the female miniatures (Charlie) with Asian facial traits? (or having an Asian female as unlockable figure?). I need one for a scenario!
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline Leon Minibits

• Assistant
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2014, 09:58:58 PM »
I like them....

probably I will pledge them... they are perfect for a mercenary team in a setting I am working on and the price seems reasonable. Just a sneaky request... it is possible to have the female miniatures (Charlie) with Asian facial traits? (or having an Asian female as unlockable figure?). I need one for a scenario!

Hmmm... I am not sure?!  When we were sculpting the female merc, we sent the sculptor two pieces of reference material.  One of these was a picture of an Asian girl with body armour on, and the other picture was a European female with a vest top and combat trousers.  The sculptor then combined parts from both pictures to create the sculpt.  Hopefully we will unlock Charlie soon, and you will be able to see if she works for your scenario!

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2014, 02:29:47 PM »
sounds interesting! Really looking forward to see the miniatures (hopefully she will have hair in a ponytail).

By the way a couple of months ago I was talking with a British army two stars about your 10mm range, we both like them. (and I have to finish my AWI collection!).

Arrigo

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2014, 08:27:53 AM »
Got mine and really pleased with them (thank you Leon!).

Great service.