Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:19:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Outrider Auto Combat- The first car is done!!  (Read 17925 times)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Outrider Auto Combat Is Live!!! CYCLE RULES UNLOCKED!!!! :D
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2014, 10:36:42 AM »
Ok, 15.3k now!  We are well underway to our next stop, a full campaign!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2014, 10:49:43 AM »
I am pretty happy with how this KS has gone so far.   I look forward to seeing if we can hit the campaign stretch goal.
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2014, 02:22:29 PM »
I am pretty happy with how this KS has gone so far.   I look forward to seeing if we can hit the campaign stretch goal.

Agreed!  And with the all of these items now unlocked, the game is a really great value! 

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2014, 04:47:27 PM »
I jumped in. A friend of mine talked to Gregg and after hearing how supportive of the gaming community that Gregg is I went ahead and gave in. I've had the p-n-p Outrider on my computer forever but just never printed it out. Being so close to Christmas I was only able to justify a Mercenary level pledge. Even though the kids are going to be at the table gaming it's still *my* game rather than theirs. At least to them. No miniatures purchase ever seems to be theirs even if they paint the minis and everything. I'll still have to upgrade for extra maneuver decks, though. See if Outrider can dethrone Road Rage for my annual convention Death Race.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2014, 05:21:37 PM »
I jumped in. A friend of mine talked to Gregg and after hearing how supportive of the gaming community that Gregg is I went ahead and gave in. I've had the p-n-p Outrider on my computer forever but just never printed it out. Being so close to Christmas I was only able to justify a Mercenary level pledge. Even though the kids are going to be at the table gaming it's still *my* game rather than theirs. At least to them. No miniatures purchase ever seems to be theirs even if they paint the minis and everything. I'll still have to upgrade for extra maneuver decks, though. See if Outrider can dethrone Road Rage for my annual convention Death Race.

I think you'll be very happy Bob, the included bits alone make it a very nice deal.  The game had me hooked before I got through the first play.  And by the third we ramped up with all the bells and whistles.  I've played it with probably 10-12 different opponents, and in every case I had a convert!  I think with the added truck/bike/ped rules on release, the game will be truly epic.  Welcome aboard!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2014, 08:48:23 AM »
I updated my pledge, and we are only 50 dollars away from the shortcut that adds a few new manoeuvre cards!
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2014, 12:09:17 AM »
And the Advanced Movement Deck is now unlocked!  Black Gate Campaign next! This has really shaped up to be a great project and a really great value for everyone! :D

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2014, 12:31:04 PM »
And we are into the final stretch now. Tough honestly with the campaign rules included I think we now have everything I want from the game included. Anything else is just icing on the cake.  :D

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2014, 12:58:04 PM »
one thing is how is a one man band going to do all this stuff? Is most of it done already? The workload now is pretty intense.

Assuming that most things will not be upgraded from the PnP version, aside from the part they will be printer in high quality stock.
I have seen the art for all but 3 of the cars, and considering the "rough" art style those can't take that long. (right, RIGHT)
Rules and other cards etc. for the base set and multiple of the expansions have already been made for the PnP version as well. In effect its mostly the newer unlocks that are, as far as I know, just concepts.
That being said considering that includes all the large vehicles, bikes and pedestrians I would imagine that is at least as much work as the base set, if not more.

So there is a solid foundation of stuff that ought to be ready to be sent to the printer, but also a lot to do still. On the plus side gregg has been making and revising this game for quite a while, so one would hope he has ready made templates for layout stuff and is capable with whatever software he uses for everything by now.

So yea, I agree that there is still a lot to do for one man, tough its one guy who has proven to be ready and willing to work on this game unpaid for quite some time now. The real risk is in stuff like printing cost and shipping turning out to be higher then expected and all the other "little" things that have popped up in kickstarters in the past.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2014, 01:29:49 PM »
Assuming that most things will not be upgraded from the PnP version, aside from the part they will be printer in high quality stock.
I have seen the art for all but 3 of the cars, and considering the "rough" art style those can't take that long. (right, RIGHT)
Rules and other cards etc. for the base set and multiple of the expansions have already been made for the PnP version as well. In effect its mostly the newer unlocks that are, as far as I know, just concepts.
That being said considering that includes all the large vehicles, bikes and pedestrians I would imagine that is at least as much work as the base set, if not more.

So there is a solid foundation of stuff that ought to be ready to be sent to the printer, but also a lot to do still. On the plus side gregg has been making and revising this game for quite a while, so one would hope he has ready made templates for layout stuff and is capable with whatever software he uses for everything by now.

So yea, I agree that there is still a lot to do for one man, tough its one guy who has proven to be ready and willing to work on this game unpaid for quite some time now. The real risk is in stuff like printing cost and shipping turning out to be higher then expected and all the other "little" things that have popped up in kickstarters in the past.

The KS was not to make the game, it's been around for a few of years now.  So theer has been a PnP for the main deck, damage deck, and the first two upgrade decks.  The new stuff, at least as far as being published, are the truck and bike rules and the campaign stuff as well as the stuff just added to the move deck.  But the game is at least 70% complete except for those
parts I noted, and in those cases, you'd have to ask Gregg at what stage they are in. 

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2015, 02:58:16 PM »
Hey Mates!  Survey's have been sent out!  :D

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2015, 10:32:59 PM »
I asked on FB if anyone had abandoned their Legendary Pledge so I could take over, but to no avail! :'(

Damn me and my hesitating! ;)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2015, 10:41:16 PM »
You should contact Gregg directly, there maybe one left!

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2015, 12:20:39 AM »
A nice place to post up your cars!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/318623315005784/

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2015, 09:05:31 AM »
No Facebook. Sad panda.  :-(