Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690835
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mighty Goofbag and his Orc Warband  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Mighty Goofbag and his Orc Warband
« on: December 17, 2008, 07:28:56 PM »
I recently found some ooooold citadal/marauder Orcs from a secret mini-source. I find most of the OLD citadel quite nice and useful.

I've been pondering what to do with these now. And I've come up with this:

I'll do a fantasy mini-campaign (like my pulp Kentucky jones campaign) with 3 linked scenarios.. where the players take on the roles of Mighty Goofbag and his brave orcs!

I Imagine that Goofbag will constantly be looking for fame and adventure... but having to deal with reality also his "adventures" are often products of a lot of compromises.

First of all they shouldn't be tooo dangerous he thinks. Risky is ok though. Goofbag is not the kind of orc who really has guts.. at least not when he's da boss.

Secondly there should be some yield to all his "adventures" - but as he's not about to risk it all it won't be that much.

I like to think of orcs/goblins as they're portrayed in the Labyrinth (old bowie movie) and Simon the Sorcerer (computer game).

So far I've come to the conclusion that scenario 1 will be Goofbags Warbands most dangerous undertaking yet:

Stealing chickens from a henhouse near an inn, where several bold everyday adventurers are staying.

Perhaps you can almost guess where I'm going with this - the chickens will of course be the objectives and each side will have a grade two pr. player and the rest will be doozebacks.

My question to you is this - what other endeavours could you see fit for Mighty Goof and his warband?!
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Re: Mighty Goofbag and his Orc Warband
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 08:25:40 PM »
Chicken is all fine and good, but what will he have to wash it down?

Well, there is that monk and his donkey always pulling his cart of beer kegs back to the monastery. How tough could one monk and his donkey be?

Then, there is that new invention called a Skool that just opened up. Kids are always walking alone to it and taking their lunch copper should be simple enough (sorry just want an excuse to use the Hasslefree kid models).

Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 09:57:22 PM »
Chicken is all fine and good, but what will he have to wash it down?

Well, there is that monk and his donkey always pulling his cart of beer kegs back to the monastery. How tough could one monk and his donkey be?

Then, there is that new invention called a Skool that just opened up. Kids are always walking alone to it and taking their lunch copper should be simple enough (sorry just want an excuse to use the Hasslefree kid models).

Bwhaha! That's a great idea! Goofbags Luncheon!

Perhaps the friar is assisted by two merry men, one with a bow and one 2metres tall with a staff!

Don't know about the kids - Orcs beating kids senseless? Has a certain ring to it I'll admit...

I believe that after a meal as fine as that he's bound to get overeager and take on a highway coach! Perhaps by the old "lying a treetrunk over the road" trick (brains check to turn it the right direction).

Unfortunately the coach is loaded with gold and Goofbags warriors now become the hunted themselves!

A coach-to-coach fight would also be cool.

I might not even be able to keep this at 3 scenarios... I just keep getting ideas!

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 09:55:57 AM »
Sounds like this could be a fun little campaign.  :)

What about a Boarhunt scenario?

Goofbag has had some moderate success, and is starting to believe his own hype. What can he do to enhance his reputation and really show off?

Simple - he needs an impressive mount to ride about on, lording it over the other orcs and gobbos like he was the Emperor/Goblin King/David Bowie himself.

With this in mind, he organises a boar hunt, maybe him and some of his more trusted followers, some goblins for beaters to drive the boars out of the undergrowth. Boars would obviously be your objective markers, but are vicious enough to put up a good fight.

Victory points can be awarded for capturing them alive, but maybe one point could be available for killing one (the tribe has to eat after all!). Minus several points if you accidentally kill them all, of course.

Just thinking out loud, but it could be a good bit of mayhem.  lol

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 10:36:50 AM »
Sounds like this could be a fun little campaign.  :)

What about a Boarhunt scenario?

Goofbag has had some moderate success, and is starting to believe his own hype. What can he do to enhance his reputation and really show off?

Simple - he needs an impressive mount to ride about on, lording it over the other orcs and gobbos like he was the Emperor/Goblin King/David Bowie himself.

With this in mind, he organises a boar hunt, maybe him and some of his more trusted followers, some goblins for beaters to drive the boars out of the undergrowth. Boars would obviously be your objective markers, but are vicious enough to put up a good fight.

Victory points can be awarded for capturing them alive, but maybe one point could be available for killing one (the tribe has to eat after all!). Minus several points if you accidentally kill them all, of course.

Just thinking out loud, but it could be a good bit of mayhem.  lol

Arf arf arf! That's a great idea too! This thread is becoming more and more valuable as time goes! Keep firing!

Now who makes nice boars?!?!

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 08:51:51 PM »
Don't know about the kids - Orcs beating kids senseless? Has a certain ring to it I'll admit...

Repeat that in about 7-8 days and you should get a huge wave of agreement  lol

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 01:40:45 PM »
Oh bugger... I fell head over heels in Grendels online shop now!

A tavern is coming to realisation! I believe Goofbags company of merry men will be involved in a barfight at some point too then!