Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:31:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691123
  • Total Topics: 118375
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] CMG 30mm Ayame Battlesuit Kickstarter  (Read 4743 times)

Offline cree1978

• Assistant
[KICKSTARTER] CMG 30mm Ayame Battlesuit Kickstarter
« on: November 22, 2014, 11:11:46 AM »
Hey guys just a heads up that Critical Mass Games is launching a new Kickstarter Campaign at 22:00 GMT today to fund the Ayame Battlesuits and Protolene Infantry in 30mm.

The Critical Mass Games Kickstarter Campaign fund the Ayame Battlesuits and Protolene Infantry in 30mm is now live, click here to view the campaign on Kickstarter

The Video is up on you tube here:

Craig @ Critical Mass Games
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:29:30 AM by cree1978 »

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
Re: [KICKSTARTER] CMG 30mm Ayame Battlesuit Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 03:07:23 PM »
I swear I can hear my credit card whine in my wallet o_o

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 04:12:11 PM »
The battlesuits should be useable in 28mm but not maybe the infantry. Is there still time for them to rethink the infantry scale?
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline cree1978

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 05:06:30 PM »
Just out of interest what size do you think the infantry should be? The plan is to do them to match the Ayames scale.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 07:32:32 PM »
The battlesuits should be useable in 28mm but not maybe the infantry. Is there still time for them to rethink the infantry scale?

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 07:43:05 PM »
So how big a space dog that walks on its hind legs and wears battle armour?

30mm, 28mm, 26mm?

I don't think it really matters. If it was a human, then the scale would matter more.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 08:00:24 PM »
Inso, they state in their video that they hope to release all their 15mm in 30mm. They have a great 15mm range that includes humans, and I wouldn't want the Protolene towering over my Vargr either.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 09:08:56 PM »
OK, for the humans I can understand... but 30mm is effectively GW size... heroic scale so I can't see it being too much of an issue.

If the Protolenes are bigger than your Vargr... then they are the elite, ruling caste :).

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 06:51:01 AM »
Luckily I have neither any Vargr nor a shortage of science fiction humans (quite the opposite in the latter case in fact) so I'm not even remotely worried about one or two millimeters in this case. I was actually much more worried about the price of the Ayames but at £10 each they seem to be almost too cheap.

As I recall, the Ayames are about twice as tall as a Protolene infantry... erm... hound in the current range, so I have to wonder if the size difference is going to be kept. It might help if the real height of the resulting model would be given instead of just the scale (with the usual caveat that 30mm is not really a scale either :P).

Regardless, i trust CMG figure quality so I went in at War Pack level (Early Bird):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2144071917/30mm-ayame-battlesuit-miniatures

Offline cree1978

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 09:49:12 PM »
We have added some new updates over on the campaign covering the size of the Ayame Kit, understanding pledge levels and Avatars for backers.

Join Critical Mass Games on Kickstarter here

Craig @ Critical Mass Games

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 04:18:18 PM »
Overall, it looks like a good deal to me but it isn't really selling like hotcakes...  :?  Needs more advertising?

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 05:49:15 PM »
Prices are good, but a couple of things that struck me...

There's very little to pledge your money on in the Kickstarter right now - basically, a battlesuit with three variants.

Might be an idea to commit to some of the other sculpts early and show the masters or prototypes.  Protolene sound good, and I'd like a platoon of them (4 squads + command), but I don't own any CM models so like to see them before I put any money down.

More photos of the prototypes in the body of the Kickstarter.  I tend not to click on the vids...

Offline underfirewargaming

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 01:09:08 AM »
Inso, they state in their video that they hope to release all their 15mm in 30mm. They have a great 15mm range that includes humans, and I wouldn't want the Protolene towering over my Vargr either.

You do have to remember it is their own setting as well so they can make them which ever scale they want to have them compared too humans. Not every Sci fi Wolf or Canine need to be as small as Vargr ;) ( yes I do understand you probably want them for your range, but just as with our miniatures as I assume it is for them, are designed too their own setting and hence scale differences will most likely be different).

Also I do hope they keep a true scale proportions up but it is up to them to decide but defiantly would like to see them avoid heroic scale if at all possible!.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:12:11 AM by underfirewargaming »

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 01:34:02 AM »
You do have to remember it is their own setting as well so they can make them which ever scale they want to have them compared too humans. Not every Sci fi Wolf or Canine need to be as small as Vargr ;) ( yes I do understand you probably want them for your range, but just as with our miniatures as I assume it is for them, are designed too their own setting and hence scale differences will most likely be different).

Also I do hope they keep a true scale proportions up but it is up to them to decide but defiantly would like to see them avoid heroic scale if at all possible!.
And you must remember that my opinion is just that and therefore subjective and relative to what I want alone. Also, if I don't say what I'm looking for in a SF bipedal canine then I'm never going to get it. ;)

Offline underfirewargaming

• Bookworm
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2014, 04:03:19 AM »
And you must remember that my opinion is just that and therefore subjective and relative to what I want alone. Also, if I don't say what I'm looking for in a SF bipedal canine then I'm never going to get it. ;)

Fair enough and I understand were your coming from, hope I did not offend yourself!.