Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:17:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Samurai Dwarves  (Read 11585 times)

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
Re: [Kickstarter] Samurai Dwarves
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 03:04:38 PM »
Also, you should post those greens as an 'update' to the campaign in addition to the photos on the main page.  Backers will get an email so they can see the update.  I would not have known the greens were ready without seeing this thread.

Ah, thanks Timbor. As I said, this is as much about me working out how Kickstarter work ;-)

G
Suppliers of Wargaming "Stuff"
www.forlornhopegames.co.uk

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 02:17:46 AM »
I would say you are doing well so far, its nice to see some of the other figures on offer, the dwarf and orc pledge level got me hooked.  I saw it mentioned that allowing other items from the range as optional add-ons would be a good idea.  This could work, as it would give individual backers more stuff they can purchase at once.  I find this is often the limitation of smaller campaigns, as there is less pledge amounts per  backer, so you either need to give the backers more they can pledge for, or find a way to get more backers into the campaign.
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 08:08:57 AM »
Pics of the greens = me pledging. Good to see things are going well :)

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 10:24:36 AM »
I would say you are doing well so far, its nice to see some of the other figures on offer, the dwarf and orc pledge level got me hooked.  I saw it mentioned that allowing other items from the range as optional add-ons would be a good idea.  This could work, as it would give individual backers more stuff they can purchase at once.  I find this is often the limitation of smaller campaigns, as there is less pledge amounts per  backer, so you either need to give the backers more they can pledge for, or find a way to get more backers into the campaign.

Am I right in saying each backer can only make a single pledge or can you pledge for several different items? I've had a couple of people upgrade a pledge so far, but only single pledges per person.

I'm just wondering the best way to offer more variety.

Cheers

Gary

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 12:14:29 PM »
A backer makes a single pledge. But if they want multiple pledges for example a 30 pledge and a 50 pledge they just pledge 80 quid and then ask for both.

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 12:21:37 PM »
OK, so you can pledge an amount that is not exactly mentioned as a level?

Gary

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 04:16:28 PM »
Yes, the way it works is that a backer chooses a pledge/reward they want.  If they want anything extra on top of that, they add the appropriate amount to their pledge.  Once the campaign finishes, you send out a survey to your backers regarding what they want, and they will list the extra purchases they have added on.

So for example, Johnny chooses the 50gbp pledge for two sets of dwarfs.  You make extra sets of dwarfs available for 20gbp each.  Johnny then increases his pledge to 70gbp.  After the campaign ends, in his survey he specifies that the extra 20gbp is for the third set of dwarfs, so he receives 3 sets at completion.

The add-on system makes things a bit more complicated, but it allows backers to customize what they want, and gives them options to pledge for more items.

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 04:41:52 PM »
I'll try to get the money for this (should definitely be manageable) as Bob Olley is somewhat of a favourite sculpter of mine, and Forlorn Hope is somewhat of a favourite retailer of mine. :P

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 04:42:58 PM »
Righto, I think I've got that and I can certainly give it a go ;-)

Cheers

Gary

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 04:45:18 PM »
I'll try to get the money for this (should definitely be manageable) as Bob Olley is somewhat of a favourite sculpter of mine, and Forlorn Hope is somewhat of a favourite retailer of mine. :P

Oh shucks, I'm all smiley now ;-)

Off to the post office with today's bag of goodies… no rest for the wicked.

G

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »
We are almost there… We are currently £11 short of the funding target for this Kickstarter. As well as allowing us the produce these new Samurai Dwarves, this is also a great opportunity to pick up some of the other figures in the range (Samurai Orcs and Goblins for example) at a great rate, and we are offering free worldwide shipping.

I would like to thank everyone who has shown an interest in this project.

Gary

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 11:52:31 AM »
Quick update, we are fully funded. Thank you all for your support and advice.

As a bonus, we will get an additional sculpt dome for every £200 above target we get, so there is still a reason to get involved ;-)

Enjoy

Gary

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 03:08:26 PM »
Quick update, we are fully funded. Thank you all for your support and advice.

As a bonus, we will get an additional sculpt dome for every £200 above target we get, so there is still a reason to get involved ;-)

Enjoy

Gary

Hey, I love sculpted domes! Sorry, couldn't resist...  :P  Also, we are approaching £400 above the target goal, which means we have one secured and one upcoming new dwarf sculpt - have you decided on the poses yet?

Also, it is worth mentioning that the rest of the Forlorn Hope Samurai/Fantasy range is up on offer as additional addons, so if you fancied getting some samurai orcs/goblins/minotaurs or conquistador ogres, you can pledge for those as well.

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2014, 05:12:59 PM »
How come no goblin ninja as add ons?

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2014, 10:05:42 AM »
How come no goblin ninja as add ons?

They are, but I've not made it clear enough. Will adjust the text.

Thanks

Gary