Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:28:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691103
  • Total Topics: 118373
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Z-Day 003 -Thor's Journal -Get Stark  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
Z-Day 003 -Thor's Journal -Get Stark
« on: November 25, 2014, 09:47:08 PM »
Z-Day 003 - Thor's Journal
Day Three - Get Stark!
an ATZ FFO Batrep

Day 1 http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=73105.0
Day 2 http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=73108.0

I gave Gwyn my bedroom and crashed on the couch. The rest of Saturday night was pretty rough with more police sirens, helicopter overflights and gunshots in the dark than normal for my neighborhood. It was worse than a full moon out there. The sun finally rose and things seemed to calm down. A text from my best friend Robert Stark finally got through. He was holed up at his place and it seemed to be worse than around here. I told him he could crash here for the duration. Well as his car was in the shop and he had seen the police putting up a barricade in the street a block or so away from his place, he suggested we meet at the library on Madison. When Gwyn got up, I told her I was going to get Stark and suggested she stay here. She said no in no uncertain terms. After taping some clear plastic over my car's broken window, we headed to the Library. A multicar wreck shut down traffic, so we parked and walked the last block to meet Stark.

The last block of Madison before the library. [the dice represent PEF's, one is hidden behind the green roof on the lower right]

Gwyn and I hoof it down the street [Gwyn is a temporary figure until she gets properly armed as all she has now is Thor's tire iron, and Thor isn't carrying the katana]

A couple come out down the street and we warily size each other up.

From around the corner a man looked at us and kept going.

Then out came Stark [rep3], trademark Katana in hand.

A moan alerted us and a zombie came out of the pharmacy staggering towards us. Confidently I aimed, shot and missed.

Another moan sounded from a nearby alley as a zombie stumbled out and charged Stark.

While the one I missed charging me.

It tried to claw me, but I step back, keeping myself between it and Gwyn and drop it with a shot to the head.
Meanwhile Stark tussled with his zombie with his katana rather than his pistol, finally dropping it with a head chop.

Stark's finally with us.

Stark was panting, a bit out of breath but very happy to be alive. The strangers had cleared out and the police arrived quickly. A look at the dead zombies and our concealed carry permits got us a warning to stay off the streets and to leave the swords at home. Permits were for pistols not cutlery. We quickly made it back to my Cruiser and then back to the apartment. Stark and Gwyn seemed to get along and we all agree to remain together at my place until things calm down as none of us have family nearby.

Robert Stark's a corporate tech support, pistol shooting, samurai movie fan and best friend of Thor
Rep 4   People 1   Savy 2
Attributes - Rage & Slow
Gear;
1 pistol [Sig P220]
1-Katana
1-luxury [12 pack diet coke] he came prepared

Another quick fun game made even batter that Stark and Thor both made the roll to up their Reps to 4s.
Thor made the keep it together roll well enough that the group stays together and wont have to roll after the next game.
Indifferent strangers, helpful police and only two easily killed zeds, how long can the good luck last?
Stay tuned for next game, Something Strange is Afoot at the Circle K!

Thank you for looking.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Re: Z-Day 003 -Thor's Journal -Get Stark
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 05:14:07 PM »
Enjoyable read, I like the way you link the previous games so we can read in sequence
Thanks

Offline chrisw

• Librarian
    • project Z
Re: Z-Day 003 -Thor's Journal -Get Stark
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 05:52:25 PM »
Nice set of reports- buildings and figures look great. I love reading battle reports as it pushes me to start my (long put off) own atz campaign. Keep coming with the inspiration please!
Regards,
Chris