Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:48:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Stalking through a nuclear winter wonderland...  (Read 2511 times)

Offline wasteman

• Librarian
  • Desperate times call for questionable measures.
    • ThunderChild Miniatures
Stalking through a nuclear winter wonderland...
« on: December 02, 2014, 12:13:30 AM »
Seeing as it's Christmas...
From now until the 1st of January 2015, receive a FREE Limited edition Glow Man miniature when you spend over £20 in the ThunderChild Emporium! www.tcminiatures.co.uk

...If you squint (and are bonkers) it totally looks like a snowman

Offline Messyart

• Scientist
  • Repopulating the Wasteland, one corpse at a time.
Re: Stalking through a nuclear winter wonderland...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 01:10:41 AM »
"It's been 20 days since I last saw a settlement or even another living thing. Living off of whatever moisture I can suck off of this snow-strewn sea of dirt ahead of me. I can feel my muscles giving in, cramping with every step I take. My tongue is rough, bleeding from the gravelly water I drink and my throat, no matter how much water I can squeeze out of the land, never quenches me. I don't feel like I can go on any further but something deep inside of me tells me to keep pushing, to keep one foot heading further than the last. I will make it home, I will survive another year..."

He stepped up to a deep ravine, staring blankly over the edge and up along the length, finding no easy pass across the fifty foot drop. One knee grew weak, aiming to bring him to the floor in desperation but he straightened up his red hat and plucked at his wild, overgrown beard.
Fighting the fatigue, the other knee suddenly buckled, and he threw his hands out in front of him to try and prevent the inevitable fall, but his blistered palms scraped off of the rock and he plummeted down hard, landing on his hip and feeling it shatter like sandstone on impact.
Unable to even find the strength to scream, he simply stared to the sky with his mouth silently open in agony.
Incapable of shifting himself off of the rocky patch he'd landed on, he let his body lie down in an uncomfortable arch across the stone, looking down the ravine with a broken stare. His thick red jacket masked the growing stain of blood stretching from an open wound and his eyes grew aching and tired, the eyelids flickering up and down as he tried to remain conscious, certain that to sleep in the radioactive snow would be the end of his legacy.

They closed tight, hiding the bleak scenery from him for an hour before he jolted awake, groggily peering up to watch a strange figure slowly shuffle forwards. A familiar frame and smile neared, reminding him of an old friend back home.
"Frosty.. Frosty my friend, help me get home... The reindeer didn't make it and the children are expecting me... Please..." he mumbled quietly, gently passing away as the horrific mutant crept up and started tearing the clothes from his body and ripping the flesh from the bone with lashing strikes of its twisted limbs.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:13:59 AM by Messyart »
If you'd like an apocalyptic monster in 28mm, throw me a PM and I'll think it over.

Offline wasteman

• Librarian
  • Desperate times call for questionable measures.
    • ThunderChild Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 10:29:08 AM »
That was THE best reply... ever.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 10:37:40 AM »
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 03:53:21 PM »
Lol Great looking mini and the story it inspired :D

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 05:28:04 PM »
Great story.
Some neat looking figures on the ThunderChild site.
Thanks for sharing.
Semper Fi, Mac